D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g) - Page 2




+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 162
  1. #11
    Isn't that the guy we are looking for? Maybe we can all look for him together? the old Dwarf women suddenly becomes an average looking male human.

 

  • #12
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    679

    ° Ignore Otakkun
    "Somehow I doubt it will be as easy as that," replies Ianward as he takes a defensive stance, grabbing his shield.

    "Now, how shall we solve this? You're sorely mistaken if you think your little act is going to have any effect, so let me ask you, what do you want with him? I'll suggest we part ways this time, unless you have other ideas in mind" he tells the armored man.

    Combat Stats
    Ian Milner, Human Battlemind 1
    Speaks in Sienna
    HP 35/35 Temp HP 0
    Initiative +1
    AC 19, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 14
    AP 1, Surges 14/14
    Power Points 2/2
    Aspect of Bitter Ice [ ]

    Special
    L4W: Shrakk| L4W: Ianward Milner| LEB: Garrick d'Orien| LEB: Kaelan| LFP: Xan Millstone

  • #13
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    794

    ° Ignore rb780nm
    OOC: I've only been in the isles for a few days, but somehow: history (1d20+1=15) Hooray for abstract systems


    Sound of Stone puts his sling away, but keeps both it and his spear in easy reach on his hip and back respectively.

  • #14
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    794

    ° Ignore rb780nm
    Sound of Stone lowers his voice, just loud enough for the party to hear. "The other day, when I was coming into the city, I met some men in armor like that. They were from a place called Theotocopolis."

    Quick Stats
    Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 1 Speaks in Lime Italics HP 24/25 Temp HP 0 Initiative +5 AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 13 AP 1, Surges 8/8 Centered Flurry of Blows, Crane's Wings, Five Storms, Thri-kreen Claws, Open the Gates of Battle, Masterful Spiral, Special
    Wiki page: PC:SoundofStone (rb780nm) - L4W Wiki

  • #15
    Artemis is puffing when he stops running. His hands on his knees.

    "Whoa... whoa... Hold up..." His hand up before him.

    He straightens up. "So are what you really asking is, 'have we seen Thogorius?' or are you really asking 'do we have to eliminate these guys so they don't find him first?' "

    "Because I'm thinking you know the answer to number 1. And you are not going to be happy with the answer to number 2."

    Artemis slides his sword out of his scabbard.

    history
    1d20 +2 → [11,2] = (13) Roll Lookup . Someone, I wasn't sure from the post rules, do you still want us to use IC for our rolls?


    mini-stats
    Atremis Harks- Male Human Hybrid: Warlord/Warlock 1
    Status: Quo
    Darkspiral Aura: 0
    Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
    AC: 16, For: 15, Ref: 16, Will: 15 HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 7/7
    Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Common, Primordial AP: 1, Second Wind: unused
    Powers: Eldritch Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Furious Smash, Darkspiral Aura, Battlefront Shift, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word, Lead by Example

  • #16
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    "Oh, yes?" says the soldier, though who he's answering is not clear. "In that case - Get them!"

    Initiative


    Bones 24
    Sound of Stone 21
    Ianward 16
    Enemies 15
    Artemis 14
    Mercurial 3

    Remember that this means that Bones, Sound of Stone and Ianward have a round and they should be the only ones posting. Then I'll run all the enemies at once, and then the entire party will act


    status


    Sound of stone: Fine
    Bones: Fine
    Ianward: Fine
    Artemis: Fine
    Mercurial: Fine
    Halberdier 1: Fine
    Halberdier 2: Fine
    Thug 1: Fine
    Thug 2: Fine
    Minion 1: Fine
    Minion 1: Fine
    Minion 1: Fine
    Minion 1: Fine


    actions

    None yet


    map

    terrain
    The various stand, fountains, etc offer cover and count as very difficult terrain (3 squares to enter). Once inside, you have cover against melee and ranged attacks but your own melee attacks have a -2 penalty to hit.

    I hope is clear what do each token represent.


    enemy stats

    Halberdiers:
    AC=18, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 14
    MBA: Halberd; +8 Vs AC 1d10+3 damage and marks target.

    Thugs:
    AC=18, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 12
    MA: Short sword +6 vs AC , 1d8+3 damage

    Lesser thugs:
    AC=15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11 (+2 if there are at least 2 other lesser thugs within 5 squares)
    MA: club +6 vs AC , 5 damage


    GM: Remember to detail your posts as much as you feel it's neccesary - everything you don't accurately say I have to deduct or ask. That may be time consuming for me, or delaying to the game, or just not what you wanted to do.

  • #17
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    679

    ° Ignore Otakkun
    OOC: Give me a couple of minutes until I've finished laughing at the token faces.


    "Bad move" replies Ianward as he quickly moves to take care of two of the thugs.

    As his blade bites deep into both of his chosen foes, he lets a nasty grin to appear on his face.

    Actions

    Minor: draw sword.
    Move to G-3
    Vicious Cobra Strike on F-2 & H-2 (1d20+8=25 vs AC, 1d20+8=16 vs AC), 5 damage to each and they are marked uent.


    Combat Stats
    Ian Milner, Human Battlemind 1
    Speaks in Sienna
    HP 35/35 Temp HP 0
    Initiative +1
    AC 19, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 14
    AP 1, Surges 14/14
    Power Points 2/2
    Persistent Harrier [ ]
    Aspect of Bitter Ice [ ]

    Special
    Readied Persistent Harrier against the first one to attack him.
    Last edited by Otakkun; Wednesday, 13th October, 2010 at 02:46 PM.
    L4W: Shrakk| L4W: Ianward Milner| LEB: Garrick d'Orien| LEB: Kaelan| LFP: Xan Millstone

  • #18
    Ack! So fast!
    I forgot to mention that I have Battlefront Shift, which allows one ally to shift half their movement before battle begins. Maybe not so much of a problem this battle, as they are all on one side of us, but it could be very helpful later. If Sound or Bones wants to use it now, just go ahead.

  • #19
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    orkish_blade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL 60605
    Posts
    36

    ° Ignore orkish_blade
    Sensing trouble, Bones gives Domenicos a wink and slips around behind one of the market stalls, attempting to stay out of sight. He quickly draws a dagger and throws it end-over-end at one of the halberd-wielding goons.

    Actions
    Move: move to K4 with Stealth check to hide (if allowed) 1d20 + 9 = 10.
    Minor: Draw dagger.
    Standard: Throw dagger at halberdier (combat adv from hiding not included) 1d20 + 8 vs. AC = 22 for 7 damage, and possibly 11 extra damage from sneak attack.


    Stats
    Bones, level 1 human rogue -- hp 29/29; AC 16, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 12; available: action point, easy target (daily), second wind, torturous strike; expended: --


    OOC
    Wow a lot happened fast, I'll try to post more often, but I'm not sure I'll have much of a chance to do more than one post per day -- sure would have loved to try the secret thieves' handshake before brawling... next time, perhaps.

  • #20
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    794

    ° Ignore rb780nm
    Quick Stats
    Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 1 Speaks in Lime Italics HP 24/25 Temp HP 0 Initiative +5 AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 13 AP 1, Surges 8/8 Centered Flurry of Blows, Crane's Wings, Five Storms, Thri-kreen Claws, Open the Gates of Battle, Masterful Spiral, Special

    Wiki page: http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:SoundofStone_%28rb780nm%29





    Sound of Stone dashes into the center of a nearby knot of adversaries, his lower set of arms reaching behind him as he goes, drawing his spear and passing it to the upper pair.

    With a clacking screech - his insectioid ki-ai - he lashes out suddenly, striking his foes with both ends of his spear in a lightning fast flurry of blows, that leaves the two weaker thugs sprawled unconscious or dying. With his free hands, he lashes out at the two remaining assailants, raking his biscuits claws across their faces and bodies.




    OOC: Free: draw spear
    Move d6
    Standard: five storms attack t2, h2, m4

    Roll Lookup
    T2 16 v ref hit 13hp
    H2 25 (crit)v ref hit 13hp
    M4 15v ref hit 8hp

    Free: flurry of blows on M3 - 4hp



    Minor: claws on t2, h2, m4 if he's still alive. Roll Lookup
    22,24,23 vs reflex, 9,12,10 damage ( if m4 is already dead then I do 1 less damage to the other two.



    Last edited by rb780nm; Wednesday, 13th October, 2010 at 04:19 PM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 02:27 AM
    2. [Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 748
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th October, 2011, 01:23 PM
    3. [Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)
      By pacdidj in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1082
      Last Post: Friday, 12th November, 2010, 08:58 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)
      By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th November, 2010, 03:35 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •