D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g) - Page 4


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 162
  1. #31
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore FourMonos
    ooc
    Wow. Did we just finish two rounds in one day? That is crazy fast.

 

  • #32
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcópolis
    Posts
    6,537
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    The battle rages. The remaining thug trapped with the main group is quickly dispatched while Sound of Stone makes one of the soldiers fly over the manger with an impossibly hard punch. Encouraged by the words of his companions, Ianward struggles to get on his feet, but now feels able to face anything after consuming the potion Mercurial threw at him.

    Enraged by the loss of his comrades, the two thugs gang on and slash at the isolated Sound of Stone, who swiftly falls to the ground, bleeding insect fluids. Grimly stepping over his prone figure, the remaining soldier approaches Mercurial and hits her (?) on the knee with the haft of his weapon, making the artificer fall to the ground in pain.

    status


    Sound of stone: 32 damage (now at -8 hp), Dying. Ethereal Chill
    Bones: Fine
    Ianward: 17 damage, 1 HS spent, 11 temp HP.
    Artemis: 1 Dark Spiral charge
    Mercurial: 10 damage, Prone, 1 Healing Infusion spent
    Halberdier 1: 7 damage
    Halberdier 2: Dead
    Thug 1: 7 damage
    Thug 2: 24 damage, bloodied
    Minion 1: Dead
    Minion 2: Dead
    Minion 3: Dead
    Minion 4: Dead


    actions

    Sound of stone gets up and kills halberdier 2
    Bones moves and fails to hit minion (notice that since Ianward was Dazed, he couldn’t offer flanking. You rolled too low even with that, though)
    Artemis heals Ianward for 14 hp, curses and kills minion with Spiteful Glamor, gains one charge.
    Mercurial moves, heals Ianward, protects Sound with Ethereal chill.
    Ianward stands up and gains 11 temp HP, mark on thug ends
    Thug 1 moves, attacks Sound, hits AC 18 for 9 damage and shifts 1 square, Daze on Ianward ends
    Thug 2 flanks Sound, attacks, hits AC 24, 12 damage, shifts away.
    (Both thugs suffer 2 points of damage each for Ethereal chill)
    Halberdier 1 recharges Powerful Strike, moves, attacks Mercurial with Powerful Strike, hits AC 25 (dice are hot today) for 10 damage, drops Mercurial prone.



    map

    terrain
    The various stand, fountains, etc offer cover and count as very difficult terrain (3 squares to enter). Once inside, you have cover against melee and ranged attacks but your own melee attacks have a -2 penalty to hit.

    I hope is clear what do each token represent.


    enemy stats

    Halberdiers:
    AC=18, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 14
    MBA: Halberd; +8 Vs AC 1d10+3 damage and marks target.

    Thugs:
    AC=18, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 12
    MA: Short sword +6 vs AC , 1d8+3 damage
    Last edited by Someone; Thursday, 14th October, 2010 at 06:08 AM.

  • #33
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcópolis
    Posts
    6,537
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    Oops, I commited a mistake and didn't move Mercurial. Correction coming.

    Corrected.
    Last edited by Someone; Thursday, 14th October, 2010 at 05:42 AM.

  • #34
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    694
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Otakkun
    My communities:

    Moving back into the fray, Ianward delivers a mighty swing at the halberdier blocking the way between the rest of the party and the injured insectoid, pushing him out of the way.

    "I'll take care of this one, you go and help him!"

    Spoiler:
    Move to G-7
    Minor: Battlemind Demand - Mark Halberdier
    Bull's Strength on Halberdier (1d20+8=23 vs AC, 1d10+5=12 damage) & the halberdier is pushed 1 to E-9

    Combat Stats
    Ian Milner, Human Battlemind 1
    Speaks in Sienna
    HP 18/35 Temp HP 11
    Initiative +1
    AC 19, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 14
    AP 1, Surges 13/14
    Power Points 2/2
    Persistent Harrier [ ]
    Aspect of Bitter Ice [ ]

    Special
    L4W: Shrakk| L4W: Ianward Milner| LEB: Garrick d'Orien| LEB: Kaelan| LFP: Xan Millstone

  • #35
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    99
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Fyrm
    Taking Ianwards instructions to heart Mercurial jumps up, and with that momentum, jumps onto the nearby cart. He then injects another glowing liquid into Sound of Stones.
    OOC: actions:
    Move: stand up
    Standard: convert to move to get on the cart and move to E6
    Minor: use the second Healing Infusion, this time, as a Curitive admixture, on Sound of Stones, which lets him gain HP equal to his healing surge value
    Last edited by Fyrm; Thursday, 14th October, 2010 at 01:28 PM.

  • #36
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    794
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore rb780nm
    My communities:

    Sound of Stone is roused by the aid from Mercurial. Standing up, he turns towards the two thugs around him. He drops backwards into a defensive posture and takes several deep breaths, focusing his energy internally to further bolster his strength.

    OOC: Move: Stand; Standard: Second wind;


    Quick Stats
    Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 1 Speaks in Lime Italics HP12/25 Temp HP 0 Initiative +5 AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 13 AP 1, Surges 8/8 Centered Flurry of Blows, Crane's Wings, Five Storms, XxThri-kreen ClawsxX, XxOpen the Gates of BattlexX, Masterful Spiral, Special: Taken 2nd Wind
    Wiki page: PC:SoundofStone (rb780nm) - L4W Wiki

  • #37
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    orkish_blade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL 60605
    Posts
    36
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore orkish_blade
    Bones dashes across the square with surprising speed. He slips behind one of the thugs, pinching the thug between him and the insectoid.

    Bones slashes his short sword across the thug's back, leaving a painful, bleeding wound.

    With a nod to Sound of Stone he quips, "Nothing like a good fight to build fast friendships!"

    Actions

    Move: move to C4
    Free: spend action point (gain extra move)
    Move: move to B6 (avoiding OA)
    Standard: torturous strike, 1d20 + 9 vs. AC (with combat adv from flanking) = 24 for 13 damage plus 9 extra sneak attack damage for 22 total damage!


    Stats


    Bones, level 1 human rogue

    hp 29/29; AC 16, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 12;
    available: easy target (daily), second wind;
    expended: action point, torturous strike, 1 dagger thrown

  • #38
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore FourMonos
    "Well done Bones! Excellent strike! Take that fiends!"

    Overcome by emotion, grinning wildly, Artemis rushes forward to assist the insectoid ally. He focuses his ire against the thug.

    His blow lands solidly, "Huzzah! Take that! Now finish him off Stone!"

    actions
    Move: Move to E7. If this provokes OA from Halbedier and he takes it, Artemis will use Darkspiral Aura to deal 1d6 damage to him.
    Minor: Warlock's Curse: Thug 1.
    Standard: Hammer and Anvil: 1d20+6, 1d8+3 → ([13, 6], [8, 3]). Roll Lookup Hit for 11 damage. Additional curse damage: 1d6 → [6] =(6). Roll Lookup So total damage is 17 versus Thug. If this bloodies or kills him, Darkspiral Aura charge increase by one. In addition, Sound of Stone gets a MBA against him with +4 to damage.


    mini-stats
    Atremis Harks- Male Human Hybrid: Warlord/Warlock 1
    Status: Quo
    Darkspiral Aura: 1
    Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
    AC: 16, For: 15, Ref: 16, Will: 15 HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 7/7 Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Common, Primordial
    AP: 1, Second Wind: unused
    Powers: Eldritch Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Furious Smash, Darkspiral Aura, Battlefront Shift, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word, Lead by Example

  • #39
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    794
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore rb780nm
    My communities:

    Sound of stone takes advantage of the opening in the thug's defense created by Artemis' distracting attacks to launch a quick blow with his fists against the enemy. Unfortunately for all, his strikes just hit the reinforced parts of the thug's armor, doing no noticeable damage.
    OOC:
    +3 vs AC, 1d8 damage (sorry, my MBA blows as a striker, too many points spent getting my powers strong...)
    Last edited by rb780nm; Thursday, 14th October, 2010 at 05:03 PM.

  • #40
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcópolis
    Posts
    6,537
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    Ianward’s charge opens the way to Mercurial, who hurriedly administers more curative serum to the fallen Sound of Stone. The sight of the kung fu bug rising again worries the thugs, but only for a moment as they think they can surround an drop him once more. One of them indeed starts maneuvering to do so… but then stares in disbelief at the blade protruding from his throat. As he drops in a pool of his own blood, Bones can be seen behind cleaning his sword with a swift movement.
    The other one is rudely awakened from his shock by Artemis, who opens a bloody wound on his chest and pushes him towards sound. The surrounded thug jumps backwards, not liking being in the losing side in the slightest, and runs away. The last soldier does the same.

    status


    Sound of stone: 12 damage, Bloodied, 1 HS used.
    Bones: Action point used
    Ianward: 17 damage, 1 HS spent, 11 temp HP.
    Artemis: 2 Dark Spiral charges
    Mercurial:10 damage, 2 Healing Infusions spent.
    Halberdier 1: 19 damage, fleeing.
    Halberdier 2: Dead
    Thug 1: 18 damage, Bloodied, fleeing.
    Thug 2: Dead
    Minion 1: Dead
    Minion 2: Dead
    Minion 3: Dead
    Minion 4: Dead


    actions

    Ianward moves, hits, marks and pushes halberdier.
    Mercurial gets up, moves on top of cart, heals Sound.
    Sound of stone gets up, uses Second Swind.
    Bones moves, uses second wind to move, kills thug 2
    Artemis moves, hits Thug 1 with Hammer and anvil. I don’t think you can add curse damage to him, since AFAIK Hybrid warlocks can add the damage only to Warlock powers and Hammer and Anvil is a Warlord one. Anyway, damage bloodies the thug so Artemis gains one charge and the curse is removed. Sound’s MBA fails.



    GM: Combat esentially ended. You can let the flee or cut them down as they run (you can reach the thug easily this round, and the soldier's armor makes him slower than most of you. Probably thanks to high rolling this combat was quicker and more brutal than I expected, which isn't bad at all.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 03:27 AM
    2. [Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 748
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th October, 2011, 02:23 PM
    3. [Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)
      By pacdidj in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1082
      Last Post: Friday, 12th November, 2010, 09:58 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)
      By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th November, 2010, 04:35 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 06:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •