[Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)

Someone

Adventurer
Cast of characters:

mercurial, level 1 changeling artificer.
Bones level 1 human rogue.
Ianward, level 1 human battlemind.
Sound of Stone, level 1 bug monk.
Artemis, level 1 human warlordk.

Domenicos goes out of the Hanged Man Tavern with you. He still flinches when he glances at Sound or your weapons clang a little too loud, but he seems used to your company. "Thogorius' house is this way. He actually lives next to my own home" he says.

GM: Any last minute preparations? By the way, Mercurial seems to have 1 skill less than the allowed amount: I count only 4 and Artificers seem able to get Arcana and other 4 skills.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
The bartender waves as the group leaves the tavern "Be safe, I hope ta see you back in here in a bit." the man says.

[sblock=ooc]
I can judge this [/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
OOC: I barely have enough gold to buy some rations as it is, so I guess I'm ok =)

"Sure. What else can you tell us about this whole issue?"
asks Ian as they walk.

orkish_blade

Explorer
"I'm ready, Domenicos. I should have enough food and water for a few days. " Bones steps along quietly along with the clang of the armor from some of the other members of the band. "On our way, why don't you tell us a little more about what you and Thogorius have been researching lately?"

Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: Sound of Stone is here and good to go.

"Yes, we go now. The sooner we are looking, the sooner we are finding, indeed?" The 'kreen's mandibles clatter and squeal while he talks, but the approximation to common coming from his mouth gets easier to understand as you spend more time around him.

"Remember me if my clutchmates come looking?"He asks the bartender. "I be back soon"

After a few steps in to the street, he springs up to an awning above the road and scans the crowd around you. He drops down, with noticeably less enthusiasm. "No clutchmates near here now. Hopefully they be waiting for us when we have found Thogorius" His speaking parts stumble, mangling the name.

[sblock=Quick Stats]Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 1 Speaks in Lime Italics HP 24/25 Temp HP 0 Initiative +5 AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 13 AP 1, Surges 8/8 Centered Flurry of Blows, Crane's Wings, Five Storms, Thri-kreen Claws, Open the Gates of Battle, Masterful Spiral, Special
Wiki page: http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:SoundofStone_(rb780nm)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
"I'm ready, Domenicos. I should have enough food and water for a few days. "

Days!" laughs Domenicos "oh no, oh no! I'm, well, we are going to Thogorius' place. It's, you know, embarrasing to have been so worried since he's probably there, but if in the meantime, which shouldn't take more than half an hour, you can keep your eyes open for him... he's...

But only Artemis continues listening at the sage's blabbering, since Sound of Stone, in his jumping around, has spotted not a member of his clutch but a suspicious figure that seems to be watching them. When he lands he discreetly signals the others, who immediately notice him too.

The figure, a man by all appearances a local thug or thief, quickly detects your interest on him and runs away.

Fyrm

First Post
after a strange sound, the same mechanical sound you heard when Mercurial mentioned Scrapper, Mercurial ages at an astounding rate, and takes on the guise of a Dwarf women. Stop that man! The old Dwarf women yells. He stole my purse! But no one is fooled, the change being so obvious, so Mercurial takes up the chase.
Roll Lookup
OOC:
GM: By the way, Mercurial seems to have 1 skill less than the allowed amount: I count only 4 and Artificers seem able to get Arcana and other 4 skills.
sorry. not sure why I missed that. all fixed now.
also, thought I'd try an unconventional approach here. too bad I rolled so low, I might have created a fun situation.

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis happily leaves to help the clerk locate his friend, assuring the new acquaintances at the tavern they'll be back soon. A simple walk to be sure. As Domenicos indicated, his friend is likely safe at home. He makes small talk as they walk, "Your work usually entails? ... No, I think that weights and measures can be very interesting... I'm sure balancing that schedule can be quite stressful... Yes, yes, I agree the current political environment does beg for change..."

Artemis is so engrossed, and mildly bored, he doesn't initially see the suspicious character.

When his colleagues rush off after the man, Artemis assures Domenicos they'll be right back and runs after the group.

[sblock=mini-stats]Atremis Harks- Male Human Hybrid: Warlord/Warlock 1
Darkspiral Aura: 0
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC: 16, For: 15, Ref: 16, Will: 15
HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 7/7 Speed: 6 squares. Languages: Common, Primordial
AP: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Eldritch Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Furious Smash, Darkspiral Aura, Battlefront Shift, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word, Lead by Example[/sblock]

Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
Sound of Stone leaps back towards the next awning, trying to stay above the crowd and follow the strange man from the rooftops.

With a screech and a clatter of chitin he looses his footing and ends up back on the ground in a cloud of dust. He picks himself up and dashes after the others, brushing the dust off his carapace with his three free hands. In his fourth, he holds his sling with a bullet ready.

[sblock=Quick Stats]Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 1 Speaks in Lime Italics HP 24/25 Temp HP 0 Initiative +5 AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 13 AP 1, Surges 8/8 Centered Flurry of Blows, Crane's Wings, Five Storms, Thri-kreen Claws, Open the Gates of Battle, Masterful Spiral, Special
Wiki page: http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:SoundofStone_%28rb780nm%29
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
The group darts in pursuit of the suspicious man, followed by a confused Domenicos. The most agile and bonucy of you are gaining on him, but while the Hanged Man wasn't located in the most upper-class part of the city you're quickly entering the shadiest one. The quickest of you stop dead in your tracks, allowing the slowest members of the group to catch, when you face the thug you wee following surrounded by two heavily armed men. Other awful looking individuals armed with cheap weapons start maneuvering, trying to surround the group.

Domenicos arrives, and with a mouse-like scream dives directly into the first hiding place he finds.

They are no immediately hostile, however, but look ready for violence. The armed men are two: they wear matching chainmail armor of foreing origin* and carry heavy polearms, and are flanked by two local "enforcers" ready to draw long knives. Other thugs, less of a threat to your trained eyes, try to get into better positions.

"You" says one of the better armed soldiers. "I'll only ask once. Where's Thogorius?"

[sblock=*history 15]You identify some of the armor's features that suggest they were made in the city state of Theotocopolis[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases