Proposal: Replace expertise related bonus with a feat bonus

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
So, as it stands, I can take Crossbow Expertise for free at 5th and then chose another feat for normal?

DMDanW

First Post
Whoa, where the heck have I been - every character currently gets a free expertise feat at 5th level? I must have missed that memo.

For what it is worth, I think that getting rid of the house rule altogether and just allowing people to choose the feats they want is the way to go, but I am not going to look a gift feat in the mouth (now I am off to update Dextyr....thanks)

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
With the apparent death of this proposal, I have a question- what is the situation for characters that get a free Expertise feat as a class feature (specifically the Hunter build of essentials Ranger, which gets either Bow expertise or Crossbow expertise at 1st level). Do they:
A. ignore the house rule and get their free expertise at level 1 as the build specifies? (and if so, do they get another expertise feat free at level 5?)
B. delay getting the free expertise until 5th level and then only get the expertise the build specifies (thus essentially getting shortchanged a feat)?
C. delay getting the free expertise until 5th level and then get their build expertise and an additional free expertise feat (like everyone else does now)?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases