[4e Realms] Pool of Radiance

Jeremy

Explorer
I hope you enjoy our little 4e romp through this old school adventure. If you read this, please take a second to post any old thing it reminds you of, or any bits you like, or even any questions you might have. :)

Uthal vs the Plot Hook

goliath_barbarians.jpg

Took Galladon to cheapest inn can find. Little monies left. Put little man in room and tell him to stay or me make him sleep way Uthal momma make him sleep.

Later fancy pants man ask Uthal if me want to smash little not-goblins for day. Fancy pants say money good. Tell Galladon, him laugh and ask for him cut.

Fancy pants man have pretty knife ear girl, silly dress man, and big metal man. Him not am big Uthal, but big for little folk. Seem nice, hope not die like Hulburg peoples. Fancy pants also make nice with big smurf. Not am know what smurf is. Big blue thing with glowy eyes. Find out later him crazy Tempus battle brother. That good. Hope him live longer than last one.

Leave Phlan by gate, guard say gate close at night. Rest of town falling down, fun to climb on. Would race tribe through, be fun. Crappy town different around well part. Streets am have road blocks and not-goblin patrols. Crazy smurf ambush one patrol. Bleed lots of blue stuff everywhere. Knife ear lady blow up whole mess of not-goblins. Metal man not am let people get away him, even sneaky not-goblins. Him sword faster than look, pretty bright sword.

Not-goblin in dress am hurt Uthal. Me am hurt him back. Not-goblin not write journal tonight. Fancy pants man make Uthal feel better after. Keep going toward well fort.

Well fort falling apart. Climb over fallen down wall, squish not-goblin lizards. Not-goblins make complicated machine. Uthal lower others down well with machine. Well big and deep, knife ear say there door. Me climb down after write this.

Uthal vs Friendly Fire

Metal man fail to open door down well shaft, no blame, when Uthal get down there not-goblins know how make tough doors. Take long time but bash door to little room with another stupid door. This door hard too, take time and make lots noise.

Not-goblins line up with little sticks and make gunk on floor. Uthal ok with knife ear, smurf, fancy pants, and silly robe making light show until all not-goblins stop barking but metal man get face full of gunk and charge in. Metal man not smart but plenty brave. Father like him.

Me not get shamed by metal man so me charge in too. Both Uthal and metal man fall in gunk but Uthal big and push past little not-goblins. Don't matter none, not-goblin curse make all tribe miss all time. This bad because not-goblins is trained like army this time and hit good. Me not see straight, but Uthal tough, shake it off.

Metal man do better, him hard to make bleed even when on back in gunk. Others try and try but not-goblin curse too strong and they miss too much. Me think time go back to no gunk small room but then knife ear make Uthal head hurt and Uthal see red. Start smashing not-goblins hard as me can and they bleed now too. Tribe start killing them and me smash through one to get to not-goblin in dress. Then knife ear make Uthal head hurt very bad and me not remember much after that.

Think me wake up but then see bad lights and go back sleep.

Uthal guess tribe win because Uthal wake up later. Smurf want run away but Uthal tough, fine to keep going. Metal man stand funny until him feel better. Not make him any better open not-goblin doors. Little dogs build good.

Knife ear blame Uthal for knife ear keep hurting Uthal. Me wait in back but she make with little lights now instead of big booms and metal man look very busy with lots of not-goblins in next room. So me charge but head still ringing and miss lots. Not-goblins think that make me little no-stone and they poke me full holes instead of metal man. Tribe kill lots and Uthal kill one before stand back with fancy pants. Kill one make Uthal feel better.

By jairami at 2010-10-19

Lots of small hallways and columns everywhere not good for normal-sized Uthal, make Uthal get poked lots. Tribe kill rest while Uthal charge and miss another not-goblin. Me sad shame tribe. Wait in room with little not-goblin bodies and write this while tribe check doors. Metal man fall in hole but Uthal pull out with rope him bring. Uthal smart stoneblessed.

Tribe no know how cross little hole in ground, eventually make lots of booms against door past hole and see lots more not goblins. This time me stay back wait until lots of lights make not-goblins dead or come to Uthal. Maybe am not make knife ear mad again.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
Uthal vs Common Sense

So Uthal going to stay back this time. Learn me lesson.

Yeah, that no last long.

Metal man run and jump over pit spike hole and go through broke door. Little not-goblin sleep room with lots of little not-goblins. They got tough little leader with them and another twinkle-finger. Metal man land and flail about with him sword but not-goblins just too short to reach. Then one use dirty trick and trip metal man back into pit. Metal man all covered in blood again. Uthal should stay back and let fancy pants and silly dress hurt not-goblins. Knife ear get right up front and make big boom and throw back not-goblins. Tribe doing just fine with no Uthal, stay back and protect tribe be smart thing do.

Uthal so dumb.

Me charge and jump over hole with metal man in it. Uthal press him way through little not-goblins and try to smash them back. Last time Uthal with this many not-goblins knife ear almost kill him.
Dumb Uthal. Galladon mad me not live to give him cut.

Not-goblin leader knock Uthal silly and others try same trick metal man fall for to drop Uthal on metal man. But Granny Uthal not raise no airsick lowlander, Uthal have roots too strong for puny not-goblin. Knife ear, silly dress, and fancy pants all make pretty lights at not-goblin leader and him look pretty messed up. Knife ear no miss and no hit Uthal.

Uthal lucky day.

Metal man climb back out of hole and look mess, but fancy pants say it not so bad and dumb metal man believe him. Believe him so much him actually look better. Me confused. Metal man fight with not goblins while Uthal get him wits back about him. Har har! Uthal have wits. Galladon laugh that.

Uthal get really good crack at not-goblin then hit little guy again while him see stars and metal man work with fancy pants to get right in middle of all not-goblins and make big bright light! Not-goblins not like this and most try to poke him full holes for it. Try, but not do. Metal man good with him metal board stuck on arm.

Uthal almost not notice little not-goblin trying poke him. Him must still be see stars cause him keep poking and missing. Uthal not small like not-goblin, how miss big target so much? Fancy pants make fun of him. After bright light tribe crush little not-goblins. Everyone line up really good shots and in blink only three not-goblins still staggering around leaking everywhere.

Knife ear take big boom and make really small and blow up right in twinkle-finger not-goblin face, boom so compressed when it blow it hurt nearby not-goblins but not metal man that right there. Knife ear much better aim now!

Twinkle-finger move not-goblins around and one get him spear in Uthal belly. Uthal not stop bleeding in middle of not-goblins this time, smash not-goblin back then jump back across pit. Fancy pants and silly dress go in and finish up while Uthal catch him breath leaking out hole in gut.

No find another way out of sleep room so grab stuff and leave. Me pretty tough but very tired from lots of fighting and leaking blood. But others not want stop and metal man just like being poked full of holes so go back through great room and down opposite hall from sleep room. Metal man boot down door (guess good doors back in well hole) and find bunch of lizards and not-goblins. Metal man hold door while tribe hit lizards with lots pretty lights. Uthal throw dwarven bow and help little.

Not-goblins want to poke us full holes but no get past lizards and metal man. Uthal pull clever trick, throw dwarven bow at lizard and follow right behind it. Kill one lizard and smash other lizard good before pull back behind metal man. Not-goblins no like being blocked and start throwing sticks at metal man, not do them any good.

Tribe finish last lizard and move in room. These not-goblins pretty tough and move around lot. Tribe move in and take turns bleeding with not-goblins. But knife-ear do make big boom little again and blow it up in not-goblins faces, again hurt all goblins but no tribe. Silly dress and fancy pants also keep up with pretty lights until last not-goblin die. Uthal mostly make lots of holes in floor and pillars.

Maybe Uthal need find less clumsy weapon. Make big holes with hammer, but maybe better make smaller holes in not-goblins better instead of big holes in floor. Smart people point out that pillars and walls got very special stuff on them think maybe gonna find special not-goblin place soon. Now others tired like Uthal, and tribe go back to sleep room to sleep. Uthal take first watch since me feel not pull Uthal share of last fight. Me do better after sleep.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
Uthal vs Halitosis

Nothing much happen during Uthal watch. Crazy smurf show back up, him take over watch so me am sleep. When get up tribe creep out and find little change, whatever not-goblins left not have enough to scout out and find sleeping tribe or make new battle lines. Metal man take the lead but worried about fall in another deep spike pit. Go past lizard keeper room and find fancy old door that am barred shut on other side. Fancy pants, knife ear, and silly dress spend long time talking using big words about what door mean.

Nerds.

In end Uthal and metal man just smash to kindling like rest of doors. Not am see big deal, like am usual plan metal man immediately catch nasty green stuff in face from not-goblins inside. There am not-goblin big shaman who make green stuff, another lizard and lizard keeper not-goblin, and some other stuff can’t make out in little light. Behind them am dragon statue and big glowing ball on stone table.

Knife ear like them all in tight ball like that and hurl compressed big boom spell right in middle, lizard keeper look like him almost keel over already and all rest am hurt by big boom. Then knife ear slip into room past metal man and Uthal to hide behind column.

Next thing am know knife ear screaming ‘Get off me! Get off me’ and metal man go charging into find out what am happen. From other side of room something threw knife at where knife ear am screaming from. Uthal come in and try to see which way to go when something am put thick quarrel in Uthal leg, not feel good but hiding man throwing knives at knife ear on the ground with lots of lizards swarming over her. Metal man bashing them back with sword and shield so Uthal move around behind swarm and call upon spirits of thunderhooves to smash all them little lizards. Some of them swarm around Uthal legs but me am not done and press through to smash some more little lizards. Lots skitter away each time, but lots get smooshed too.

Me am busy and distracted, not sure what am happen next but next time Uthal see fancy pants him have quarrel sticking out him too so him probably come in same way Uthal am. Smurf go other way and me see flying bolts fly from somewhere over where she was past columns to where sneaky knife man am. Also there be big fire spirit show up back where not-goblin big shaman am. Lots of columns though, hard to see what happen. Silly dress walk in laughing and blasting too, but him not have quarrel in him.

Uthal have little not-goblin lizard keeper and him lizard snapping at him but their attacks like little children. Fancy pants, knife ear, and silly dress work together and finish last few little lizards while metal man go help crazy smurf. Lizard and keeper try to keep Uthal hemmed in but am so small Uthal just trample over lizard and smash him brains all over columns. Am going to help metal man keep work together on targets but fancy pants tell Uthal stay put.

Uthal have bad feeling but follow tribe lead.

All tribe am concentrate on sneaky man and even when him try get away metal man stop him dead in tracks. Then just stop him dead. But that am leave Uthal get blasted by big shaman, stabbed and bitten until Uthal almost am take no more. Metal man run up to stop big shaman am blasting tribe but get blown back by big light. But metal man stubborn and just keep am going right up onto dias, armor smoking and all.

Others am give covering fire Uthal while keeper fall back to save shaman. That leave bloody lizard with Uthal and me am mad. Smash lizard brains all over columns then go find fancy pants in forest of columns to get patched up. Knife ear snicker at Uthal but Uthal am do job get all chewed up while little people back in back make twinkle fingers without being disturbed. That am good enough me.

Knife ear and silly dress go up right and middle while crazy smurf am move up left side and all emerge around dias to blast lizard keeper right out him smoking boots. Silly dress walk right down between columns and dodge quarrels left and right until one take him right in shoulder, so him suck life out of keeper when him die.

Meanwhile big shaman and metal man going at it up on dias with fire spirit helping and fancy pants say nice things to Uthal until bleeding stop. Everyone beating on shaman who keep growling and pleading with someone, him got big glowy eye and statue behind him but they no help him as tribe beat him to paste.

That am go pretty well. Then everyone make circle around big glowy eye and argue over what it is with big words for long time. Knife ear say it evil eye of giant. Uthal no like giants but metal man say it am valuable so after looking at it more knife ear heave the evil thing up and stick it in bag. Little lizards Uthal am smoosh and silly dress am fry taste pretty good. Uthal am enjoy little snack while metal man climb all over dragon statue.

Eventually tribe start to pack up to leave so Uthal head back to well shaft and start climb out. Uthal strong climber and get up to top to wait for metal man am tell him haul tribe up. Tribe am on way out of keep when there deep rumbling then huge rush of water behind us. When we am turn around we see well explode in fount of water with flying dragon leading way. It am sound very mad we kill it’s little not-goblins.

Most tribe sit slack jawed staring at big dragon, knife ear make ball of fire and stick it near dragon while metal man run up and try to stab. Dragon ignore metal man completely and fly over to land in front of surprised tribe and spew sticky horrid poison all over us.

Uthal only ever am hear of one dragon in skywatcher story of Hoorum. Hoorum hero of stoneblessed to the west. Hoorum meet dragon named Ixra who am enraged to lose her home. This dragon here lose home too but to us tribe, and we am kill him tribe. Uthal understand why dragon am so mad.

Uthal run up with big weapon shining to inspire tribe, but dragon scale so thick am like hitting mountain. Metal man and me do best to hurt but can’t even get dragon attention. Crazy smurf and silly dress split off left while knife ear and fancy pants lurch off to the right wretching on poison and stumbling along half blind. Fancy pants let out a stirring shout that seemed to shake the dragon and give tribe glimmer of hope while knife ear kept hurling magick little balls of light that never missed while her little fire ball kept burning dragon over and over. Crazy smurf also throwing light balls at dragon but it kept writhing out of the way as they impacted all about it.

Silly dress about to let dragon have it when dragon let out terrible roar. Most of us scared but fight through it to keep moving, not silly dress. Silly dress am wet himself.

greendragon.jpg

Was long tough battle, Uthal not remember all of it, was too shocked and scared. Remember dragon moving to get to wizard and metal man stabbing sword through dragon foot into ground holding it in place. Hope fancy pants saw that, metal man tribe skywatcher should be able to tell story of that. While dragon pinned by metal man Uthal howl and slam right in gullet and make dragon eyes bulge out. Also make it belch poison all in Uthal and metal man face. Fancy pants later tell me that it also knock crazy smurf right off him feet.

Oops.

Wizard and fancy pants however have free shots at distracted dragon and continue to bring the pain. Soon dragon and all tribe near it all staggering around breathing heavy and bleeding but neither side going to yield or negotiate. Dragon gather itself just as Uthal and metal man shake off last effects of poison get another lungful and start wretching again.

Towards the end fancy pants and knife ear were dividing their attention between running around to crazy smurf to force potions down him throat but even when him awake him not have strength left to fight off poison. Him magic armor flare brightly and spirits of him ancestors hurl dragon ten feet through the air away him. But dragon am not done yet and sink horrible poisoned fangs into tribe over and over, metal man, silly dress, and especially crazy smurf maybe not make it. Silly dress not give up though and recover himself and blast dragon along with knife ear who still am never miss with fire and lights.

When dragon finally collapse under assault tribe lying all about him wretching and still trying not to die from all foul poison we breathe in and dragon inject with deep wounds. Those awake desperately try binding wounds and get people to take deep breaths but in end nothing we can do but encourage smurf and fancy pants and silly dress to use inner strength to overcome poison.

Uthal tribe only six strong, but we am dragon slayers. How many full tribe of stoneblessed say that?

Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
Uthal vs Social Graces

Tribe drag severed dragon head out of Kuto Well, through slums, into city part Phlan. Many people stare as tribe go by. Drag right into city elder hall. Look on old man make Uthal chuckle.

Him very excited about well be clear and give extra bonus for stopping dragon retake or spoil well. Him give chest with more than 4 stone of gold shinies in it. Even after fancy pants split up still more monies for Uthal him have before.

Also am give us special item from city vault of stuff recovered from ruined Phlan. Look like most of it be worn by people like tribe that not do so well in ruins. Me find whole section of good direct smashing stuff. Like helm with wicked horns and big stout hammered iron armbands best. Smart tribe tell Uthal go with armbands, maybe me come back soon for helm. Uthal look good with horned helm on him head.

Fancy pants and knife ear also go sell other loots while metal man and Uthal go to Dragon Skull inn that have no dragon skull. Owner come down and give us even more gold shinies and free drinks if we give him head of dragon to mount.

Meet tribe and fancy pants ask Uthal go get heal drinks from battle brothers temple. Metal man come with, Uthal show him chest bump Tempus greeting but brothers here use old headbutt greeting. Uthal like, brothers so short it fun. Metal man cheat, him keep helm on.

Uthal make donation and pick up lots heal drinks. Metal man and Uthal am tell story of what we do and attract crowd of battle brothers. Even high priest come over and greet us with formal headbutt. High priest no older Uthal but him say move up quick because battle brothers join Tempus so often. Uthal seen that true in Hulburg.

Him point us to good dwarf sergeant who drill us for a while. Always good share story and tricks. Also mention Sunite's need help with something. Sunite's no love for battle brothers, break too much pretty but Uthal have no problem help pretty firehairs if them have no problem me serve Foehammer.

Go to firehair temple, Uthal not see nothing like it. Me nervous until very pretty lady come talk to us. Uthal and metal man not make much sense but nod lots to things she say. Rest of tribe find way to spend monies while Uthal go across street from firehair temple to enjoy other Sune "temple".

Best 100 shinies Uthal ever spend.

Next day meet with old man back in elder hall. Him want know what big ruckus in old Phlan marketplace about. Big deal go down there soon. Rest of tribe talk about lost Tormite, fire knives, slavers, and wizards, Uthal am not really pay attention, still think about last night.

Tribe am head back through slums past Kuto well and am find big walled off gate to old market. Bunch of orange goblins guard, Uthal ready to smash but knife ear point to lots of archers up on wall.

So what!

So fancy pants, knife ear, metal man, and silly dress talk and talk and talk their way past orange goblins. Say we something dumb like traders and show monies. Lowlanders sick from thick air, make them think bad. Goblins is for smashing not talking. Whether they short and orange or shorter and green, still goblins.

We get stupid little passes and go in. Inside am lots of ruins before actually get to market. See patrol of orange goblins and Uthal happy to try new armbands. But fancy pants start talking again! Metal man even promise buy patrol round of drinks! Uthal am not happy.

Fancy pants have goblins wrapped around him little finger again and we go buy without even taunts. Not right.

Get to market and big buzz about what goblin legion selling today, maybe tomorrow, maybe just show today. No one even know what sale be. Uthal want to pick a fight but not want be dead, too many here so Uthal start asking around about slavers. Greedy peoples want shinies before they am tell Uthal. Uthal want give them new shape of skull with hammer.

Metal man and others go to bar and actually buy round for stupid goblin patrol. Uthal get angry as fancy pants and metal man talk to orc barkeep and barkeep clam up. Uthal threaten break him face but barkeep just call giant thing made up lots of bodies stitched together from back room.

Uthal no good talking, should have just break orc face, not say so first.

But tribe do what tribe been do all day. They talk and talk and talk more. They find out about fire knives working out of old mansion with tiefling leader and second Blackrose. They find out about pirates supplying fire knives with slaves. They find out goblin legion capture item they hold big auction for from Tormite crusade that fail in bad graveyard. Legion ambush beaten Tormites as they retreat from graveyard. Talk, talk, talk. Only thing not find out is who am wizards or where am wizards that silly dress want find.

Tribe could smash legion try find captured Tormite priest. Tribe could smash fire knives make fancy pants guild friends happy and free slaves for Sunites. Tribe could smash pirates just cause fun. Probably not am smash Banites yet but did find out them not ally with legion or fire knives like old man at elder hall ask.

But no. No smash. No battle. Just talk, talk, talk.

Big commotion outside bar and everyone pile out. Auction starting. Leader of orange goblin legion unveil stupid little suit chain armor. Lots of snickers. Goblin looked shocked then mad and yell at him goblin wizard who fight with armor until armor change back into really great suit of plate armor. Uthal never am see armor so good. Nothing even close, metal man go rigid upon seeing it and tell me it must am be his. Metal man look a little crazy.

Him start to bid when someone else bid huge number Uthal can't count to. Uthal think there be trouble. And me not the only one thinking just take it as lots people thinking same things. But then again goblin legion bring lots and lots of guards like they expect someone try take armor. And in bar people whisper that goblin legion have mysterious boss that devour and smash any that betray legion at night and leave no trace.

But metal man look pretty crazy. Uthal am have bad feeling about this.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
Game day tonight. Metal man really wants that armor, he's even been emailing us asking for ideas how to get it. Hopefully we don't go with plan A... > <;

Jeremy

Explorer
Uthal vs Jailbreak

Someone in back start bids at 10,000 shinies but that am just start. Tiefling woman in red leather from fire knives and her group push price up and group of Blood Skull orcs bid even more. Blood Skull orcs am destroy Uthal home and scatter home tribe to winds. Little men and stoneblessed break them horde at Hulburg after many die. Me am make sure to find these remnants and crush them too. They am bid 20,000 shinies.

Uthal am wonder if they even count that high.

Passing 50,000 shinies were bids from pointy hat and dress men in back. Hard am get good look, but silly dress say they am wizards him looking for. More important stop metal man though, him look am like sleep walking to pretty metal suit. Red Legion orange goblins have heavy guard though. But bids still going, fire knives lady gives up as it passes 75,000 shinies. How any one even carry that many? In end evil black armored Banites win it for crazy number bigger than Uthal am remember. Orange goblin selling look very happy but lots of shuffling feet and mutters make him guards pull in tight around armor. They form up and shuffle him and armor out of market towards them big keep.

Crazy smurf and fancy pants go off to watch where it goes while silly dress and metal man join in with everyone else in market talking about armor and Banites and the sale. Legion going to escort out of Plaza but up to Banites to get armor back to them temple from there. Banites am have ogre and some guards with wizard and big armored guy in charge. Some say they move out in cover night, but others think night just get them ambushed so they probably wait until day. Metal man also find out that armor come from ambushed Tormites retreating from graveyard and that one priest survive and held in Legion tower.

Go look Legion tower, it smell like Blood Skull dung heap. Orange goblins keep them prisoners in same building as them keep them bugbears. Far away from them keep as possible. Good for tribe though, maybe am good for Tormite too. Metal man keep calling him termite. Him not smart like Uthal.

Knife ear am be very sneaky. She make twinkle fingers and roof sentries hear ruckus other side tower to investigate. Then we get up to barred jail door. She disappear and open door from other side. Work much better than me throw metal man into door again.

Four big bugbears inside am stand up and draw weapons and form up. Them try be like orange goblins it look like. Tribe draw weapons and form up too right inside. Bugbears break line first and attack but Uthal and metal man too fast and hit them first. Both push them back and mess up them lines. Other bugbears am try move around them friends and swing at Uthal and metal man, but them all tangled up and not hit good.

Knife ear then am snap her fingers and all bugbears burst into fire. Har har har!

Metal man step up and do big spinning sweep and hamstring burning bugbears right as Uthal am clobber one that have sparking lightning mace. Him fly back into room and sprawl out on table and catch him flailing, burning, screaming friend in face with him mace. Har har!

Big bugbears can’t get their footing and tribe am picking them apart. Knife ear make big boom small again and hit clumped up mess as bugbears start dying. Uthal am move around help metal man smash hammer recklessly around room smashing chairs and lamps and eventually bugbears too. Bugbears and Uthal have trouble with big smash weapons in tight spaces, keep going haft to haft. Uthal need start using long poke lance instead.

Metal man make big flashy light with him magic sword but one bugbear more worried big Uthal behind him and him swing me. Should see him look on face when metal man sword poke through him chest from behind. Never turn back on little metal man, him quick and make you pay.

Silly dress and knife ear keep moving round and throwing blue and green fire and metal man keep them protected. Me smirk until another bugbear am clobber Uthal good. Ugly stink goblins hit almost am hard Uthal, good thing they miss almost am much too.

Big bang as door to cellar thrown open and even bigger bugbear come up. Even smellier too.

Metal man pick him up while silly dress and knife ear spin last other bugbear round in circles with fire until Uthal howl and smash him hammer down so hard me somehow hit floor too. Uthal open am eyes and nothing but bugbear smear left on floor and wall and bit on ceiling. Uthal have good day!

Big stink goblin am tough and him trade big big blows with metal man back and forth but am just him against tribe now. Him grab hold metal man but metal man just slam him back like real stoneblessed. Bugbear boss try and get to little knife ear who keep hitting him with magicks but every where him go metal man keep stop him. Uthal get lined up and make another big howling charge but stupid bugbear duck and me am punch hole in wall. Then him clobber Uthal good and metal man have to am cover me retreat.

Me catch wind while tribe finish bugbear. Him can’t even get up stairs, metal man not let him go anywhere.

Them stink goblins am very tough but tribe too much and besides Uthal and metal man, we come through not hurt. Pick over bodies, get sparky mace and shinies then go down check cellar. Cellar is dungeon with dirty cells and beat up priest in. Tribe patch him up and get him out. Him tell him name but Uthal forget. Uthal get him dressed in bugbear smelly armor and knife ear get him all cleaned up. Metal man give him weapon and we leave tower with Tormite we am come for.

Silly dress say that upstairs something moving around but it sound like them am scared tribe and barricade them floor door. Knife ear slip out and make distraction for us am get away tower and back to abandoned part market. Then we run and climb and avoid patrols and questions. Silly dress am pretty smart, him point out good ways go. Knife ear try too but this more metal man and good mountain born Uthal type thing. We get to outer plaza wall and get up and over with Tormite. Har har! Stupid Legion not even know what happen yet.

Metal man am want set up ambush near big well we am clear yesterday and get ready Banites come and take big shiny armor from them. Uthal look forward smash ogre. Big hammer made for knees of giantkin. Bad men follow Bane. Not Blood Skull orc clan, but least tribe back to smashing and done with talking for now! Come get some stupid Banites. Tribe am ready!

Jeremy

Explorer
Powers with push may not always be the most damaging, in fact, push can sometimes be a poor tactical choice (pushing marked targets out of the threatened squares around the fighter)... But darn it, they can sure put some big grins on the players faces.

The bugbears weren't sure what was going on initially so they just stood up and readied actions. We didn't want to stay outside and risk the archers coming back so we all got in but we didn't want to step into the range of the big brawny bugbears that all had their morningstars raised up over their heads. So we all walked in and readied actions too. ^_^

It was pretty funny when the first one stepped up on the warlock and got punted back by tide of iron (preventing his attack) and the second one stepped up on the wizard and got punted back by pressing strike. But the DM's incredulous, "It's a push TWO and PRONE!?" when Brutal Slam punted the one with the lightning morningstar caused quite a few grins and giggles later on.

Jeremy

Explorer
No update today, game was postponed due to scheduling conflicts so the ambush of the Banites for the magnificent armor of Arnie is going to be slightly delayed.

But as the invulnerable suit would say...

I'll be back!

Jeremy

Explorer
Uthal vs Mistaken Identities

Tribe am hunt through town ruins from Legion plaza to not-goblin well for good place jump Banites. All work together good. Metal man seeing to hurt Tormite when knife ear throw compressed big boom thing into broken down building next to tribe broken down building. Uthal know because me am hear big boom become not small anymore and also am hear men in helmets yell and grab heads like metal man and Uthal am do when knife ear miss and am hit tribe. First Uthal am think Banites here already, but fancy pants say it not them. Them try steal armor too.

This am tribe spot! Tribe find it last!

It look like there am three or four men in black armor and dresses in fallen down building. Some come to close chunk wall from where they was watching road and shoot bolts at us. Others wave sticks and necklaces in the air until Tribe fallen down house explode in fire and make sick smoke. Crazy smurf mad and throw bolts of Tempus lightning, light up ruin good so Uthal can see in while running by and whoop and charge black dress man in pointy hat. Tribe keep hold our wrecked building and shoot fire and lightning and mean words out it.

Knife ear lock in magic fight with big armor man who have skull on purple fire necklace symbol but there still black dress man in front Uthal when another black dress man set crazy smurf on fire from another building. Sure am lot of these crazy men in black. Two big armor and shield types step up and push Uthal back. One am hit Uthal and Uthal just grin cause him so tough. Black dress man stand behind wall of metal and give Uthal evil eye but Uthal am too busy beating heads in of his guards to look at him bug eyes. Crazy smurf call fiery spirit of Tempus that fly into ruin and burn guards. Also metal man finish tucking Tormite away and leap ruined wall to come help Uthal, him shout and run and throw him shield like crazy berserker at closest guard but it am bounce and come right back to metal man. Metal man got crazy tricks!

Uthal have trick him own, Uthal pound both guards with him hammer and go on rampage. When Uthal done both look beaten and bloodied and they still have silly dress and crazy smurf blasting them with dark light and lightning. Both guards die bad burny deaths. Crazy smurf though getting chewed up by black dress man in other building and him have him own guard who fill smurf full of bolts. Fancy pants tell him it going to be ok and smurf look better for a moment. Everything going good until Uthal legs start walking him away. Uthal shout and shout but legs have mind them own, they march me out building then Uthal arms take me big hammer and smash Uthal face with it. Uthal hammer am really hurt! Black armor priest see Uthal am hurt and call upon him god to smite Uthal.

I think me am die then.

Uthal remember everything look fuzzy and me am look up and see Uthal body am lying in street bleeding out above me. There were bangs and crashes as metal man and knife ear and silly dress lashed out at the crazy men in black but all sound was muted and fuzzy too. You am think Uthal crazy but me am sure Uthal hear war drums of home and Tempus battle chant. Uthal get mad. Uthal get very mad. Uthal swim back up to him body and make it stand up. Uthal am force him eyes open and mouth open and roar at crazy men in black.

Metal man shove black dress man into spirit of Tempus and him get stabbed, burnt, and smacked around only to have knife ear tag him with bunch of magic missiles and silly dress and crazy smurf turn focus to him too. Him die bad burny death too. Smurf still being torn up by other black dress man with bald head and him guard, taking it like true battle brother. But also look like him going to die like true battle brother. Fancy pants tell him it alright again and make fun of black dresses no-marking head. Or maybe no hair head, but Uthal not see what wrong with that. Long as you have tough markings like Uthal.

Black priest in armor decide him not last long without him guards and dress men so him try and spell metal man then run out the back of ruined building. Metal man follow right after but caught in another big cloud of make sick smoke with the others, smurf look like him going die. Metal man catch up to black priest and fight him and Uthal come charging down street to help. Rest of tribe focus on bald dress man's guard. Priest is not getting away but him crazy and think him take Uthal with him, metal man have something to say about that and say it with him shiny sword. But bald dress man still hurting smurf and also making to get away. Uthal leave priest to metal man and surprise bald dress man with how fast stoneblessed run.

Tribe am kill last guard in dark magic and bright magic and fire and lightning, him die bad burny death. Hope skull god with purple fire got good home ready cause we send him whole house full today. Metal man fight with black priest but bald dress man blast the skin from Uthal body. Uthal still standing though even if me smoking and see nothing but red. Smurf run up and shove heal drink in Uthal mouth and probably save me life. Bright light of Tempus fall on smurf and Uthal and shield us right before bald dress man blast us both with black rot magic.

Tempus really want Uthal kill crazy men in black. Or maybe really want Uthal live to smash other men in black armor that bringing armor. Whatever reason, Uthal still alive some how.

Rest of tribe must have finished with black priest while Uthal getting blasted over and over by black magic because suddenly bald dress man explode in fire and lightning and magic missiles hit him from every direction. When Uthal can see again, metal man standing there over bald dress man dead body laughing at the silly knife he try to stab him with. Glad me can keep dress man busy blasting Uthal face off until tribe ready for him. But Uthal really should buy him big armor if him keep doing this. Maybe wait next time for metal man.

Maybe if have few more spikes on armor these be Banites, but silly dress say no. They Cyricists, same thing but very different. That no make sense, then he say like Legion orange goblins and Bloodskull Orcs, both need killing but one crazier than other. Wish they were orcs, see them in Plaza made Uthal want payback for home. But time to be quiet, Banites should be here soon. And tribe got lots of practice fight here now.

Jeremy

Explorer
I found this entry really hard to write. Basically it was one long combat that took the entire session. We did get a late start, but my problem is without story and dialog and travel bits to serve as giant flow chart gaps that are easy to remember and break individual events into easier to process snippits, it all kind of runs together in my mind.

I'm not going to keep a round by round log of every combat, I am just doing these for fun and that would be work. But hour after hour of combat is hard to separate out in my head from memory and have any kind of narrative to it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases