HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OK this will be the OOC for your game. And the group is

Walking Dad - human Cleric of Obad-Hai
jkason - human Rouge
rb780nm - human Fighter
jackslate45 - gnome Sorcerer
Gondsman - half-orc Barbarian

Houserule placeholder will be next post but after that this thread is all yours to get those backgrounds rolling.

HM

LINKS:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/295584-age-worms-ap-pathfinder-system-full-sorry.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-gallery/295614-age-worms-character-spot.html

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Houserules

[sblock=Changes to RAW]
Channel Energy: Add into description that targets are healed xd6 + 1/2 cleric lvl + WIS modifier [/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well still no background for you which is good maybe as we figure this out we can give you some ideas. For who knows who it couold be like this:

Code:
      Cleric
    /       /
Wizard   Inquisitor
    l         l
Fighter     Rogue

WD and Lughart are from the area around the lodge.

Padreigh and jkason live and work in Diamond Lake.

rb780nm could be from either

I could have the lodge head want a special cave explored and not know its whereabouts. If WD mention something to Padreigh they Inquisitor thinks he knows the place, but it might be dangerous. And Lughart wants in because he wants in good with the lodge.

WD agrees and tells them each to bring another person the believe could help. And that adds in rb780nm and jkason.

Now all you need do is figure how you each know the other person(s)? In passing only? lifelong friends? whatever you wish but saves on trying to know every last person. rb780nm only knows Lughart and jkason only knows Padreigh

HM

_

Lughart

First Post
Okay lets see. Karolus could have military or mercenary background. Since Karissa is supposed to be a martial type, she could have recieved training from him after she returned to Diamond Lake. Or they could be childhood aquaintances (they are of similar age). When Karissa got the job of finding someone to join the mission, she looked up the people she knew in town and found out Karolus had gotten some military training.

Or a variation of one of those. Or something else.

Walking Dad

First Post
Hi, I just took a look on backgrounds and game mechanics to get ideas for combat tactics.

Interesting stuff from the APG:

jkason, there is an acrobat rogue variant in the APG, not necessary, but would fit your background. The character would be worse at disarming traps, though.

rb780nm (can I say rb?), you might be interested in this (Two-Handed Fighter), when you level up.

For tactics:

A twohanded weapon fighter is a great target for my enlarge person domain spell. My cleric has enlarge ability for himself, too. So they could block together either a 20ft broad tunnel or a 10ft tunnel to both sides. Approaching enemies would have to go through their reach, too.

The wizard has a close damage ability and a greataxe, but will maybe want to avoid melee because of HP. Ray of frost is a good spell to assist from second row if we want to save spells for later.

The inquisitor looks good for secondary melee, starting shooting his crossbow. Ones the cleric or fighter is hurt, they could make a step back and let the inquisitor take the front, while still able to attack thanks to the reach.

Same would be possible for the rogue, but maybe he would prefer to try some flanking (or perhaps hiding behind his large allies, take a shoot and hide again?).

Padreigh

First Post
While of course everything would be easier if the characters know each other already, I was thinking along the lines of "Stranger coming into town and getting caught in the events". Main reason is that I haven't got the slightest clue about our starting place and Greyhawk (being more of a "Realms" man myself).

But I could have arrived a few days ago and contacted the cleric. After all, clerics usually are central figures in towns and villages and a good source for information on those forces my inquisitor wishes to oppose.

Walking Dad

First Post
Small problem: The posted PG stated that the big temple in town is sacred to Pelor, not Obad-Hai.

I haven't much information either. I read a Living Greyhawk folder and know the 3.5 Core gods. That's it.

You can find a pdf with Diamond Lake information here (PDF):

AoW: Player's Guide

Walking Dad

First Post
The link works for me...

And no, there is no Obad-Hai temple. But you can surely visit me. Dorian's room could get a sign "Embassy of nature in the city" ;)

Remove ads