Tacos

Festivus

First Post
I wanted to comment in the now closed thread when the topic of Tacos came up, so I decided to start a new one (only this one really is about Tacos)

I think they might actually be THE perfect gaming food, and here are my reasons why:

1. They aren't greasy like potato chips or pizza slices
2. They offer that crunch factor that is so desirable
3. They offer some nutritional value and not just empty carbs
4. They can be made in a variety of ways, with many different kinds of toppings (including HEALTHY)
5. They have a very low price point
6. They go well with beer (or margaritas)

I am fortunate enough to live in Southern California, where taco trucks are just as abundant as Taco Bell, Green Burrito, Del Taco, or other similar taco fast food places (not to mention all the mom and pop places that really have the BEST tacos).

My favorite tacos are from a gut truck / roach coach on Fair Oaks Blvd in Pasadena, I can't recall the name, but they park at Nishikawa tires every night. For $1.25 you can get a Taco Al Pastor (BBQ pork) made with really zippy hot sauce, three of those coupled with some radishes and a Cactus Cooler you have a full blown meal for about $5.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Tacos are not edition-specific, or even about a game, so this goes into OT.

And, Taco Hell doesn't sell actual tacos. What they sell may not even qualify as "food". Taco Bell stuff is, pound for pound, cheaper than frozen dead rats (I kid you not), and thus probably has less actual nutritional content (and quality control) than said rats.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Grandma makes amazing tacos with fish. She's kept the recipe a total secret and it's driving the women in my family nuts. :D

Solvarn

First Post
Catch everyone up

A passable taco, for those unfamiliar with Mexican cuisine:

TB+Volcano+Taco+007+Diagram.jpg

frankthedm

First Post
None, but a friend who used to live one town over had a burmese python untill it got too big. At other times he had a few other snake of more managable size, but the breed names escape me ATM.

Azlith

First Post
[Jennifer Lopez (aka Eric Cartman's left hand)]
Burrito. Taco taco. Burrito. Taco. Taco taco.
Don't think just because I got a lot of money,
I'll give you taco-flavored kisses, honey.
Fulfill all your wishes
with my taco-flavored kisses.

Taco taco. Burrito burrito. Taco taco.
Fulfill all your wishes
with my taco-flavored kisses! Taco taco.

Baby, let's make a run for the border,
I've got a hunger only tacos can stop.
I know exactly what I'll order
three tacos, two tostadas, and a soda pop.

I need to make a run for the border.
If you pay, I'll take off my top.
Do you remember what I want to order?
Three tacos, two tostadas, and a soda pop.

Yea-ah, and don't forget the hot sauce, chulo.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Tacos can be greasy, though, and others can be drippy if the ingredients are wet enough. I like diced tomatoes or pico de gallo on mine- which is common in Tex-Mex where I live, FWIW, so I know whereof I speak.

Remove ads