[PF]Cruel skies IC
+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 117
  1. #1
    Member
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    309
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Lughart


    Friend+

    [PF]Cruel skies IC

    You enter the Desert Rose, a run down tavern dominating the landscape in Traders Rest. It is a two story building with a barroom on the ground floor and bedrooms on the top level. The top floor provides a good view of the entire settlement from the front of the building.

    The settlement itself consist of eight buildings beside the tavern, all placed in a semi-circle around a large oasis. There is a stable, a crafthouse housing leatherworkers, carpenters and the like, a storehouse and the Trackers guildhouse. The rest of the buildings are homes to the few families residing there permanently.

    The Rose's barroom is allready quite full, as a merchants caravan arrived earlier in the day. The merchant and his helpers is occupying their own table, a group of hired caravan guards has commandeered another. A man and a woman in worn hot weather clothing sits at the bar, members of the Trackers guild relaxing after a job, or perhaps out to score clients.

    The last table is occupied by an immense man eating meat and vegetables with the manners of a wolf. He is dressed in the garments of the local nomadic tribes, but is strangely clean, and his clothes seem to have been washed the same day.

    Those of you skilled at traveling the desert know a sandstorm is on its way. Local crafstmen are hurrying to finish up the days work so they can get inside and close their shutters. The employees of the Rose are getting ready to lock the tavern doors and windows, and noone will be allowed outside once the storm starts.

    OOC
    I'll let everyone introduce themselves before the tavern locks down for the night. Then you can talk amongst yourselves and with the NPCs until we are ready to begin the adventure proper.

  2. #2
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    9,060
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Block perrinmiller


    Friend+
    Tyrien ensures that her horse, Buck, is properly taken care of in the settlement's stable, giving him a reassuring pat and scratch on his neck. Taking the saddle bag with the important items, she leaves the tent and her bedroll behind, and then refills her waterskins.

    Wrapping her hot weather cloak around her, she eyes the weather warily, "It looks to about to really blow, Shar. Hopefully the inn won't mind you staying indoors. Let's go."

    The Lion follows along beside her as she crosses the open space between the buildings, drawing the usual wary glances at the sight. Pausing to slap as much dust off her clothes as she can, Tyrien opens the door to the Desert Rose and slips inside. Making her way to the bar to request a bowl, a mug of ale, and inquire about a room.

    She pours some water into the bowl for the young lioness and then sips her ale. Having another thought, she inquires after the availability of milk and towel.

    While she waits for an answer, Tyrien nods a casual greeting to the couple sitting at the bar nearby. "Are, you with the Trackers Guild that I have heard about?"
    ___________________________________________

    Tyrien's Sheet
    Last edited by perrinmiller; Friday, 5th November, 2010 at 02:00 PM.

  3. #3
    Member
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    309
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Lughart


    Friend+
    The barkeep wrinkles his nose at the lion, but says nothing. He shouts to the back room to bring out a bottle of milk.

    "True"
    says the man at the bar. "Id ask if you needed an escort heading out, but you look like you can handle yourself. Kai is my name, and this is my lovely wife Erin." "Pleased to meet you." the woman chimes in. "Don't worry about the beast, the Rose has housed animals before. A few of the guilds members train coyotes.

    You seem to have come here alone, else we would have heard about you from our colleagues. So what're you asking about the guild for?"

  4. #4
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    9,060
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Block perrinmiller


    Friend+
    Thanking the barkeep for the milk and towel, Tyrien uses the towel to soak up the rest of the water from the bowl. Shar had already finished half of it. She pours the milk into the empty bowl for the lioness to begin lapping that up too. Using the damp towel, she begins wiping down Shar to get most of the dust out of her fur.

    During this time she answers the married couple, "I am Tyrien e'Drianne and this is Sharliel. Cannot say that I came here alone can I, Shar was with me and so was Buck."

    "I am a capable adventurer and can usually find my way around without getting lost. I was in Vhol this morning and thought I should come here and look for opportunities. If there were none, I figure I could offer my services to the tracker's Guild in the meantime."


    ___________________________________________

    Tyrien's Sheet
    Last edited by perrinmiller; Friday, 5th November, 2010 at 02:00 PM.

  5. #5
    Member
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    309
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Lughart


    Friend+
    The woman looks suspicious, while her housbands eyes widen. "You were in Vhol this morning? Without a tracker to guide you, thats a feat for the history books! Did you hear that, Erin?" "Yes, quite impressive. Now, you'd have to go to Carani if you're looking for mercenary work, and the guild don't hire many wetlanders. Still, we could put in a good word for you. If what you say is true, you'd have no trouble with the admissions trial. What d'you think Kai?"

    The man thinks for a second. "Tell you what. You can come with us on our next job. If you like it, you can apply as soon as we arrive. If not, you'll be in the big city anyway, so you'll have no trouble finding something else. Sounds good?"


  6. #6
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    9,060
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Block perrinmiller


    Friend+
    Giving Shar some good, pleasurable scratching around the ears and neck, Tyrien listens to the couple's suspicion and offer. At the incredulity of the man, she begins to think they were lucky indeed to make it that fast without incident. Perhaps Ketephys was looking out for her today.

    With her words answering their comments, but in actuality talking to the lioness Tyrien says, "I am skilled, but perhaps we were pretty lucky, eh? Of course, we weren't really in the city proper, just this side of the city, on the outskirts. And Buck moves pretty well, he was bread for the desert, right Shar?"

    Turning back to the couple she continues, "If you don't mind, can you tell me more about this job you mentioned."


    ___________________________________________

    Tyrien's Sheet
    Last edited by perrinmiller; Friday, 5th November, 2010 at 02:04 PM.

  7. #7
    "I'm interested too" says the half-orc walking up to the bar. He sits down and orders a drink.

  8. #8
    Member
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    309
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Lughart


    Friend+
    "Theres not much to say. See the idiots who fill up the barroom tonight? They all belong to the same caravan, led by one merchant Farsil. He's the fellow in the fancy rags." Erin points at a man by the closest table, dressed in expensive silks and jewelry. "Well, most of them anyway. We're hired to make sure they make it all the way to Carani without getting lost, driving through orc territory or scaring up any monsters their guards can't chase away. I'm sure Farsil wouldn't mind a little extra security. Anyway, we leave tomorrow morning. I'll explain things to him tonight, you just meet up with the caravan before it leaves. Shouldn't be too hard, the way they're drinking they won't be ready to leave before noon."

  9. #9
    Member
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fuerteventura
    Posts
    2,609
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block ghostcat


    Friend+
    The large human finishes eating, wipes his mouth with a large, hairy hand and belches. Seeing the half-orc join the group at the bar and overhearing something about a caravan leaving in the morning, Throrg raises and goes over to join them. "Throrg go Carani. Throrg good guard, have big sword. Throrg go with caravan?"

  10. #10
    Member
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    402
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Padreigh


    Friend+
    "Would there be one place more?", Elerion chimes in. The half-elf had sat quietly in a corner, tuning his lute. "While I don't have as big a sword as ... Throrg, was it? I am certain that some music at the campfire at night and an additional pair of eyes during the travels at day might be of use."

    He pats the shortbow hanging from his chair. "And if need be, I am not too bad a shot."

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Am I a cruel DM?
    By Ambrus in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 251
    Last Post: Monday, 25th January, 2016, 08:22 PM
  2. [PF]Cruel Skies
    By Lughart in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: Wednesday, 12th January, 2011, 03:36 AM
  3. Cruel skies RG
    By Lughart in forum Character Builds & Optimization
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Saturday, 30th October, 2010, 03:03 AM
  4. Am I too cruel?
    By I'm A Banana in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Tuesday, 10th December, 2002, 12:30 AM
  5. Is this a cruel DM?
    By Methos in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: Friday, 13th September, 2002, 04:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •