PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa stops her stride as Abraxis mentions his "feeling". She looks around trying to determine if he is on the money. From what she can surmise of her position it is entirely possible but she sees nothing.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Three Spoiler Blocks . . .

Javelins come flying from the treeline; one pierces Lerissa's thigh with enough force to spin her around, the other slams into Taron's side just above his hipbone, going all the way through and leaving a bleeding hole. Hot on the heels of this attack, two mostly naked men covered in strange tribal tattoos and wielding light shields and rusted scimitars come running from the treeline. They're both screaming in rage and frothing at the mouth.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry, guys, I was trying to stay IC with my description and keep the mechanics in the background - which would've worked if I'd had time to finish out the surprise round rather than leave you hanging. I'd already rolled the Perception checks; Abraxis came close but didn't quite make it.

So a breakdown of the action is that you were surprised by the bad guys, who threw javelins and are now rushing you.[/sblock]

[sblock=My Posting Preferences]OK, this is our first combat as a group, so I thought I'd post my preferences so we're all on the same page.

The combatants are listed in the Combat Status block in initiative order. Since this is a "long haul" game and we're not in any hurry, it should be no big deal to wait until your turn to post and will help keep the retconning to a minimum.

If you have instructions or tactical ideas, you should post them as IC speech - keeping in mind that you'll have time in your free actions to post a few words, a couple of sentences at most. Detailed tactical evaluation can be done OOC once the fight is over.

I'm posting the baddies AC and hit points so you can describe the consequences of your attacks as you will, including their gory deaths at your hands when that time comes :D.

(Sorry about the lack of proper map tokens for you guys - I'm working on them . . .)[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
[u]Combatant          AC/ T/FF    HP      Condition[/u]
Lerissa            17/13/14    10/18   
TFC 01             18/10/18    19/19   
Abraxis            19/12/17    18/18   FF
TFC 02             20/14/17    19/19   
Taron              18/14/14    08/15   FF

BeachMap.png

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: As I look at my map, I'm not sure you can see where the bad guys are . . . there are two of them, due north of you just in the treeline.

Lerissa's up!

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa will draw her blade and let out a blood curdling scream.

[sblock=OOC] The scream his her attempt to demoralize the foe at M10

The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target’s Hit Dice + the target’s Wisdom modifier. If you are successful, the target is shaken for 1 round. This duration increases by 1 round for every 5 by which you beat the DC. You can only threaten an opponent in this way if it is within 30 feet and can clearly see and hear you. Using demoralize on the same creature only extends the duration; it does not create a stronger fear condition.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mike] I think Lerissa is still weak (fatigued) from the journey and the heat - unless getting in the sea refreshed her? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
ThruneFangCannibal.png

As the savages step out of the jungle and onto the beach, beginning a charge toward you, Lerissa's scream pierces the air and overwhelms their ululating battle cry. The cannibal charging Lerissa stumbles as the effect of her challenge washes over him; when he resumes his charge he's changed course for Abraxis! His swing is off balance, but still barely misses.

GM: Abraxis is up!

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
Lerissa            15/11/14    10/18   Fatigued
TFC 01             11/10/09    19/19   Shaken
Abraxis            12/12/10    18/18   
TFC 02             11/10/09    19/19   
Taron              14/12/12    08/15   FF

BeachMap02.jpg

[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
ThruneFangCannibal.png

As the savages step out of the jungle and onto the beach, beginning a charge toward you, Lerissa's scream pierces the air and overwhelms their ululating battle cry. The cannibal charging Lerissa stumbles as the effect of her challenge washes over him; when he resumes his charge he's changed course for Abraxis! His swing is off balance, but still barely misses.

GM: Abraxis is up!

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
Abraxis            12/12/10    18/18   
Taron              14/12/12    08/15   FF

BeachMap02.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC Mike]A 9 is barely a miss? [/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis steps away from the savage, calling upon his arcane knowledge to protect him as he does so.

OOC: 5' step to M04, cast mage armor. That should bring Abraxis' AC to 16.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
ThruneFangCannibal.png

The second savage runs shrieking madly from the treeline, charging for Lerissa. Wet sand flies behind each pounding step as he closes the gap and makes a wild swing; the blade whistles through the air over her head as Lerissa crouches for her next attack.

GM: Brings us to Taron.

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
Abraxis            16/12/14    18/18   
Taron              14/12/12    08/15

BeachMap03.jpg

[/sblock]

Remove ads