PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

mleibrock

First Post
Seeing Lerissa already retiring, Taron states "I can take first watch."

Lerissa catches Taron's eye on her and then hears him state he will take first watch. Again closing her eyes and remaining quiet a moment longer before speaking, she finally says, "I will take middle watch as you, Taron, seem to need some uninterrupted sleep to aid your god in healing your wounds."

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis wakes refreshed, and goes about his morning calisthenics. As the other's rise, he smiles warmly at them. "As much as I enjoy this place, it would seem we are no closer to escaping this island than we were on our first day here. Does anyone have any suggestions?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Lerissa is no longer fatigued.

What's the plan for the day? You're looking for a way to get off the island, of course. There are also a couple of other events that could use some investigation:

1. Strange dreams - or memories - of the final evening aboard the Jenivere.
  2. What did actually happen to the Jenivere, and what will you do about it?
  3. The disappearance of a few of your fellow castaways (Auron, Leaf and Ishirou).

Not bringing these up to press you to solve them right now - mainly I don't want them to get lost due to the RL time that's passing, and I thought that mentioning them might spark some ideas for you.

IW - I got nothing for Taron, sorry :(. I missed an opportunity earlier to tie him a little more firmly to the storyline; I can still use it, just gotta get back around to a point where it'll make sense.[/sblock]

The rest of the castaways rouse from their sleep. Aerys groans slightly as she wakes, and lies in bed somewhat longer than the others. "Oohhhh, my head . . . I had the strangest dreams . . . very disturbing. I was aboard the ship, eating soup, when I lost my spoon in a wash of sea-water that spilled into the galley. The soup was really good, so I started drinking from the bowl, but as I tipped the bowl up a serpent uncoiled from the bottom of it and latched onto my tongue. It was busy chewing my tongue to ribbons as I awoke . . . eh, seems like I can still feel it dangling there!" She rolls over and sits up, holding her head in her hands, muttering almost too low to catch. "Must still be shaking off the last of the withdrawals . . ."

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis gets a slight chill at the thought of a snake biting his tongue, but quickly shrugs the image off. "No serpents here, Aerys," he says, smiling. "At least, not for the moment."

With a sigh, the aasimar turns and regards the others. "It is obvious that we cannot make a full exploration of this place when we have to return to camp each night. And we seem to have lost a few companions, though that seems likely to be their own doing by not staying with the group. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we should proceed? We can't stay here forever."

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa wakes early this morning and takes a walk around their encampment looking for any signs that anyone might have been watching them overnight.

She listens to Aerys' dream and when she finishes speaking, Lerissa speaks up. "Odd dream indeed, glad it was yours and not mine otherwise I might be without a tongue for chopping the snake off it in my dream. I wouldn't dismiss it as just a dream though, it almost feels like it has some meaning to me."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Well, you're the Holy Woman, not I . . . if you believe it to have portent I'll not dismiss it lightly." Aerys rises from her bedroll and sets to her part of the morning chores. She then notices Gelik still abed and walks over to look down on the little Gnome. She gives her head a slight shake, then kicks the lazy man soundly in the hip. "Rise, sluggard! There's work to be done, and if you don't do your part, you don't eat! Get up, I said!"

Gelik leaps to his feet, and immediately staggers as the leg numbed by Aerys' kick threatens to give out from under him. "WHAT?! Where . . . Oh, ye Gods, woman! All right, all right . . ."

Rhun

First Post
After a light breakfast, Abraxis will bathe in the sea. So too will he rinse his clothes in the cool ocean water, in hopes of staying cooler when they again venture out into the unexplored.

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

"Well, you're the Holy Woman, not I . . . if you believe it to have portent I'll not dismiss it lightly." Aerys rises from her bedroll and sets to her part of the morning chores. She then notices Gelik still abed and walks over to look down on the little Gnome. She gives her head a slight shake, then kicks the lazy man soundly in the hip. "Rise, sluggard! There's work to be done, and if you don't do your part, you don't eat! Get up, I said!"

Gelik leaps to his feet, and immediately staggers as the leg numbed by Aerys' kick threatens to give out from under him. "WHAT?! Where . . . Oh, ye Gods, woman! All right, all right . . ."

Lerissa smiles as it seems Jacks is not the only one motivating the other now.

"I think it might serve us well to move on this day to a new location, I think it might serve us well to know who or what we have to work with on this island... though I hesitate again passing by that ambush spot. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Rhun

First Post
"Unless our attackers had been watching us, following us, I doubt they were simply laying in ambush...one would think that passersby would be too rare for the savages to simply lie in wait hoping for someone to attack." Abraxis shrugs. "And if they are aware of our presence here, then it is probably only a matter of time until they attack again."

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

"You are probably right... I'll just be a little more wary since we know we are not alone here. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Guess we break camp and move on today."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases