PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa stops her trek as the others notice her fatigue. Very upset that she is showing weakness she brushes them off, "I'm fine, just turn around and mind your own business." To the newcomer, "You know what, you still need to show what use you will be to us and I say you better do that in a hurry." As she says this she reaches her hands into the sea and cups them together to hold the water. She removes her hands and utters some words, purifying the water and takes a drink.

Rhun

First Post
Abraxis smiles, glad to have the "old" Lerissa back. "Very well, let's see what we can find."

OOC: Abraxis is all for checking out the ship, but if there isn't a way out by land, not sure we all want to swim out to it.

IronWolf

blank
Taron pauses, a friendly smile playing across his face. "I am certain my abilities will prove worthwhile as we struggle to survive on this island." He then murmurs a short prayer under his breath as he cups his hands out in front of him and smiles as they fill with water which he then drinks from.

"We can try to one-up each other for a long time, or we can all work together to find ourselves a way off this island. Once we reach mainland we can choose whether it is best we part ways or continue our journey together." Taron replies, wiping his hands on his legs to dry them off.

[sblock=OOC]
Casted Create Water
[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa smiles at Abraxis' attempt to lighten the mood. She takes his waterskin and fills it and hers.

Cast create water.

OOC - Mike, Sorry, I thought my spell was purify water but it is actually create water.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC - Mike, Sorry, I thought my spell was purify water but it is actually create water.

OOC: NP. For fluff it's close enough, and I'm enjoying the character development ;).

You see no way by land to get out to the ship. Swimming in the surf here (as in most places on the Shiv) is a DC20 Swim check each round.

As you look out over the surf and work on hashing out the pecking order, the line of clouds are moving inexorably closer. Though you've been on the island only a short time - Abraxis and Lerissa only a couple of days and Taron somewhat longer - you've come to the conclusion that a torrential downpour can be expected for a few hours almost every afternoon (usually from around a half hour after noon to mid-afternoon). And it's getting on toward that time of day.

[sblock=Housekeeping]I've been doing a little OP housekeeping this morning.

I've updated the map on the OP Wiki to mark your current base camp, current location and the points of interest you've encountered thus far - I'll try to remember to keep it updated as you go . . . Along with this, I've added a page to the wiki that lists the encounters that are marked, and put a link to that page in the sidebar on the main wiki page.

IronWolf, I've also added a link to that sidebar for Taron's character sheet, and made a page on the wiki for you to use however you wish (my intention was to make a place for you to keep your own notes as the game progresses - various plot lines and thoughts are hard enough to keep up with in a game of this length when you're playing FtF. In PbP I've found it becomes almost impossible).

Next, in case it's not become obvious to you guys I've been writing the Adventure Log from Aerys' POV. You all should feel free to put in your own Adventure Log entries as well, and at any time you want. I only ask that you make them as an in character narrative so that they'll add something to the groups understanding of your character or to the story. For general notekeeping you should each use the wiki pages I've set up and linked to the sidebar.

Finally, when you edit your character sheets there should be a place near the bottom to add "character secrets." I'm not really sure how this will work from your end, as I've never been a player in a campaign hosted on OP where this was available. When I edit your sheets I can put in GM Notes that only I will be able to see. I can also add "Player Secrets" that will be visible by me as the GM, but also by the owner of the character and anyone else who is a member of the campaign with whom I chose to share that secret. What I'm not sure about is if you guys can add these secrets to your own characters as well, or if I have to be the one to add them - and if I add one to your character, can you then edit it? Feel free to play around with this if you have the time and inclination and let me know what you find out.[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa eyes the clouds and compares them to her memories of the past few days. They don't look any worse than the past few days so she looks back to the sea and tries to devise another route to the ship before them. She knows her set of skills is wholly unsuited for this island. She looks around for usable pieces of wood that she might lash together into a makeshift raft.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 17/17     AC: 16  AC(T): 12  AC(FF): 14  Init: +02

Saving Throw   Total  Base   Mod  Misc   Special
Fort:            03     2     +1          
Ref:             02     0     +2          
Will:            04     2     +2          

BAB: +01       CMB:+02     CMD: 14

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Scimitar                +3        1d6+1       18-20/x2     +1 (Weapon Focus)

Judgments: 1/1 per Day

Spells Available:
    * 0 Level                * 1st Level (2/2 per Day)
      * Create Water           * Cure Light Wounds
      * Resistance             * Inflict Light Wounds
      * Detect Magic
      * Guidance
[/sblock]

OOC: NP. For fluff it's close enough, and I'm enjoying the character development ;).

You see no way by land to get out to the ship. Swimming in the surf here (as in most places on the Shiv) is a DC20 Swim check each round.

As you look out over the surf and work on hashing out the pecking order, the line of clouds are moving inexorably closer. Though you've been on the island only a short time - Abraxis and Lerissa only a couple of days and Taron somewhat longer - you've come to the conclusion that a torrential downpour can be expected for a few hours almost every afternoon (usually from around a half hour after noon to mid-afternoon). And it's getting on toward that time of day.

[sblock=Housekeeping]I've been doing a little OP housekeeping this morning.

I've updated the map on the OP Wiki to mark your current base camp, current location and the points of interest you've encountered thus far - I'll try to remember to keep it updated as you go . . . Along with this, I've added a page to the wiki that lists the encounters that are marked, and put a link to that page in the sidebar on the main wiki page.

IronWolf, I've also added a link to that sidebar for Taron's character sheet, and made a page on the wiki for you to use however you wish (my intention was to make a place for you to keep your own notes as the game progresses - various plot lines and thoughts are hard enough to keep up with in a game of this length when you're playing FtF. In PbP I've found it becomes almost impossible).

Next, in case it's not become obvious to you guys I've been writing the Adventure Log from Aerys' POV. You all should feel free to put in your own Adventure Log entries as well, and at any time you want. I only ask that you make them as an in character narrative so that they'll add something to the groups understanding of your character or to the story. For general notekeeping you should each use the wiki pages I've set up and linked to the sidebar.

Finally, when you edit your character sheets there should be a place near the bottom to add "character secrets." I'm not really sure how this will work from your end, as I've never been a player in a campaign hosted on OP where this was available. When I edit your sheets I can put in GM Notes that only I will be able to see. I can also add "Player Secrets" that will be visible by me as the GM, but also by the owner of the character and anyone else who is a member of the campaign with whom I chose to share that secret. What I'm not sure about is if you guys can add these secrets to your own characters as well, or if I have to be the one to add them - and if I add one to your character, can you then edit it? Feel free to play around with this if you have the time and inclination and let me know what you find out.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"I certainly do not feel comfortable enough in my ability to swim to make it out to that ship," says Abraxis. "Perhaps if we continue searching, we could find a salvageable raft or such that has washed up on the beach."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases