Converting Creatures from Other Campaign Settings

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I suppose we could do non-standard advancement, but I'd prefer separate statblocks for the "individuals" vs the "conglomerates."

Cleon

Legend
I suppose we could do non-standard advancement, but I'd prefer separate statblocks for the "individuals" vs the "conglomerates."

I'd rather just have them advance by merging. It would be less confusing than having "triple-merged Large lost souls" and the like.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'd rather just have them advance by merging. It would be less confusing than having "triple-merged Large lost souls" and the like.

That's alot of work for the DM. I think it best if we stat 'em out at different sizes, and find a way to make the assimilation fit that model.

Cleon

Legend
That's alot of work for the DM. I think it best if we stat 'em out at different sizes, and find a way to make the assimilation fit that model.

That's OK by me, although I'd still like them gaining HD and attacks as they merge with more lost souls, since that's easy to keep track of.

Shade

Monster Junkie
That's OK by me, although I'd still like them gaining HD and attacks as they merge with more lost souls, since that's easy to keep track of.

Sure, that's fine.

A good example of blending both methods is the nabassu in Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss.

Cleon

Legend
Sure, that's fine.

A good example of blending both methods is the nabassu in Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss.

Okay, I'll have a go at revising the current merge with the dead.

Incidentally I'm not happy with the name and would like something better - Undead Fusion? Assimilate Lost Soul? Necromantic Gestalt? Absorb Corpse? I don't know, nothing really sings to me, although Absorb Corpse is the least objectionable.

Revising...

Merge with the Dead: If a lost soul kills a humanoid or monstrous humanoid it merges the body with its own flesh, for every victim it absorbs in this fashion the lost soul gains 1 HD, an additional claw attack, and its fast healing increases by 1 point. The victim cannot be returned to life with a raise dead or resurrection spell without first destroying the Lost Soul it has become part of, although it can be brought back to life with a wish or true resurrection (this removes the HD, attack and fast healing advancement the absorbed victim gave the lost soul).

Furthermore, two or more lost souls can merge together into a single lost soul, the Hit Dice, number of attacks and fast healing of the resulting monster equals the sum of the individual lost souls'.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Fair enough.

Are we going to do the "single zombie" version or just say that they have normal zombie stats until they start to agglomerate?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases