The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ok, for dinner I had Alaskan Pollok with green onions and sautede mushrooms and onions cooked in butter and white wine.

for desert i am having vinella ice cream with blackberries with balsamic vinager dribbled on it.

I think the berries are too much tart. just the icecream with the balsamic vinager is fine. the two conflicting flavers are not overpowering each other.
that is my assesment. I like it.

Velmont

First Post
So.... are you all geared up for tonight's game Vel? The first Vancouver game was pretty good last night and the Montreal/Boston series is the one I'm most looking forward to in this first round.

Great start from Montreal. Won 2-0. I wasn't hoping such a good start. That might destbilize Boston. I was thinking Boston in 6, but now I think that series will end in 7...

Rhun

First Post
ok, for dinner I had Alaskan Pollok with green onions and sautede mushrooms and onions cooked in butter and white wine.

for desert i am having vinella ice cream with blackberries with balsamic vinager dribbled on it.

I think the berries are too much tart. just the icecream with the balsamic vinager is fine. the two conflicting flavers are not overpowering each other.

I had Spaghetti with elk meat, some garlic bread, and some cream cheese brownies. Some nice red table wine, and a pinot grigio. Now I'm enjoying desert...a few fingers of The MacAllan (18 year).

Mr. Dewar, it is a shame you aren't here. I could teach you all about why a single malt is better than a blend. ;)

Velmont

First Post

I'm happy you like it. If you wish to have new idea for good meal, I can give you more. I like once in a while to cook a great meal. Now, when I decide to receive friends for a meal, I generally make a 5 course meal (apetizer, starter, main course, cheese, dessert)... it just so fun to have good friend around a table with a good meal and a good wine (or port wine with the dessert. Port Wine!)

Velmont

First Post
I had Spaghetti with elk meat, some garlic bread, and some cream cheese brownies. Some nice red table wine, and a pinot grigio. Now I'm enjoying desert...a few fingers of The MacAllan (18 year).

Mr. Dewar, it is a shame you aren't here. I could teach you all about why a single malt is better than a blend. ;)

Single Malt... not bad, but I facor much a good port wine. I still have a 1980 Coleitha Port Wine waiting to be open. That bottle is as old as me. I already drank the two first I bought. That last one, I think I'll drink it when I'll marry myself. :D

Rhun

First Post
Single Malt... not bad, but I facor much a good port wine. I still have a 1980 Coleitha Port Wine waiting to be open. That bottle is as old as me. I already drank the two first I bought. That last one, I think I'll drink it when I'll marry myself. :D

I actually have several bottle of port wine in my wine rack as well. I just tend to find port a little sweet for my tastes.

I have a bottle of limited edition Crown Royal (I think only 2500 bottles were made) that I purchased in Canada is 1996 that I plan to drink if I ever get married. As you say, if will probably be to myself. :)

I'm a big fan of anything that requires a refined palate. Wines, beers, scotches, cigars. You name it, I probably like it.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure

You are really going to rub that in , Aren't you?

the wine I was using on the fish and the sauteed goodies is River boat White of Les Bourgeois Wineries of Rocheport, Missouri. It is a sweet wine, so good to the palette, great for carmaliaztion. Probably not world class but affordable. For the good wines I go to hermann Missouri.

by the way the pic of me is first thing in the morning, so forgive the scary visage. And also, the bottle is of an unopened red, where i had used the white.

Attachments

• Picture0028.JPG
    Picture0028.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Great start from Montreal. Won 2-0. I wasn't hoping such a good start. That might destbilize Boston. I was thinking Boston in 6, but now I think that series will end in 7...

I watched up to the 2nd period last night (I recorded it and then watched it after the kids went to bed) but I fell asleep so I watched the last ten minutes of 3rd period this morning. Montreal was playing much like they did last year in the playoffs, the other team was carrying the play for much of the game, but they play a strong defensive game, trusting their goalie and patiently waiting for the other team to make an error and pounce on it (like Lucic trying to carry it past Gomez).

Thomas didn't look great on the 2nd goal, I'm thinking he's going to bounce back though in the 2nd game.

Rhun

First Post
the wine I was using on the fish and the sauteed goodies is River boat White of Les Bourgeois Wineries of Rocheport, Missouri. It is a sweet wine, so good to the palette, great for carmaliaztion. Probably not world class but affordable. For the good wines I go to hermann Missouri.

I'm all about the affordable wines. Personally, I've had some in the $8-15 range that can beat out wines you would spend hundreds of dollars on. The thing with wine is it falls to each individual to decide what is good, and what isn't.

by the way the pic of me is first thing in the morning, so forgive the scary visage. And also, the bottle is of an unopened red, where i had used the white.

Forgiven!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases