The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

renau1g

First Post
glad to hear you have conqured!!!

Well, conquered is a bit strong, more like survived. This is my fifth tax season with my firm in the corporate tax group and it's by far the busiest. We got three new clients in the last month or so of the "season" and that made June an absolutely brutal month. Canadian corporate taxes (and returns) are due 6 months following their year ends, and for most corporations they select a December 31 year end to coincide with calendar year ends. Therefore, they're due June 30th. So from March to June it's pretty hectic. On the positive side, I should be getting a decent bonus and perhaps an Ipad with my recognition "points" from work so it's not all bad.

Oh, and I'm heading on a week long vacation in two weeks to New Orleans. If anyone's been down there and has recommendations, I'm all ears. I'm going to stay in the French Quarter, so anything around there is game.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Oh, and I'm heading on a week long vacation in two weeks to New Orleans. If anyone's been down there and has recommendations, I'm all ears. I'm going to stay in the French Quarter, so anything around there is game.

While I've never been to New Orleans, it would be remiss of me as a food appreciator to not recommend Brennan's. At the very least, you must have Bananas Foster where it was invented. :D

Rhun

First Post

Sounds like a blast...have a good time, and stay out of trouble.

renau1g

First Post
You vanished ;)

To be serious, what about your D&D Next playtest?

I didn't have the time to get learn a whole new game previously (thought I could, underestimated crunch time) and now after reading it, I'm just meh about the whole thing, especially with the feedback time passed now.

Hopefully the next playtest packet comes when I have some more time and we can test out things a bit more.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases