The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Leif

Adventurer
Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG

I did a test to see if Invisible Castle could roll some of the oddball dice required to play Goodman Games' DCCRPG -- d14, d16, d24 -- "Zocchi dice." It worked just fine. The others are the d3, d5 and d7. So I guess the dice rolling algorithm of IC does not have set forms of dice, but just rolls whatever you ask it to do. Actually, these can all be faked with 'normal' polyhedral dice.

The ENWorld dice-roller, of course, can't do this because it has the standard polyhedra dice pre-set in the program. However, as I said, you could use the ENWorld dice-roller to 'fake' these dice. For example, to get a d7, just roll a d8 and re-roll on a result of 8.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
or roll 2d4 and subtract 1.
d 13 = 4d4 - 3
d14: same as d7, just add a d4 or d6 for a hi/lo of 1-7 or 8-14
d16: d8 and d4 or d6[d4 or d6 for a hi/lo of 1-8 or 9-16]
d 24 d12 and d4 or d6[d4 or d6 for a hi/lo of 1-12 or 13-24]

Leif

Adventurer
I had already firgured out the hi/lo thing, but that method of rolling 1-13 is new to me and very creative! Thanks, David! The problem is that there is no d13 inthe zocchi set, it's a d14, which you have to do with an extra hi/lo die, as near as I can figure.

The example d16 roll given here is 1d16=4, if the d6 had come up4-6, then the d16 roll would be 4+8=12.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Dccrpg

Wouldn't result using more than one die in a bell curve? And if somebody does a DCCRPG PbP here, pm me, please.
Yeah, ME TOO!! I'm dying to play it! Guess I might accidentally end up GMing it. But not today, WD. And you'll know if I do. ;)

And I don't know about the bell curve thing. I think that's only so if you total all of the dice rolled. But hey, WD, why don't you roll it about 50,000 times, plot a graph, and report back to us? :D

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
4d4 (-3) or 1d10 (-1) +1d4 are totaling dice, regardless of additional fixed subtractions or additions.

Sample (4d4):
Only if all 4 dice show a 1 you can get a 4.
Only if all 4 dice show a 4 you can get a 16.

Now look at all the possible combinations to get a 8 or 10...

You can fake a d13 without bell curve by rolling a d20, subtract 7 and have a min roll of 8 on the ENWorld roller. No multiple dice, no bell curve.

But another die for high or low works.

BTW

d30: d10 and d6 [d6 for a low (1-10) 1-2, med (11-20) 3-4, and high (21-30) on 5-6).

(1-2 add 0 to the d10, 3-4 add 10, 5-6 add 20. Every possible number can only rolled by one combination)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases