The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
That reminds me of a law I read about. It was a list of odd laws that were passed in certain states.

In New England you are not allowed to make Manhattan style clam chowder. Or something silly like that. There was one about bringing steer herds into or through town on Sunday being against the law somewhere out west. Don't think that applies anymore. LOL

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
That reminds me of a law I read about. It was a list of odd laws that were passed in certain states.

In New England you are not allowed to make Manhattan style clam chowder. Or something silly like that. There was one about bringing steer herds into or through town on Sunday being against the law somewhere out west. Don't think that applies anymore. LOL

HM

Ah, crazy laws... Those can be so much fun to look up. :)

Here's a really nutty one for you (though I don't remember the source): it is unlawful to fish from the back of a giraffe.
In a similar vein, alligators may not be tied to fire hydrants. (I really like visualizing the circumstances that caused this law to be passed, just for a laugh. :p)

xigbar

Explorer
Too bad they can't, Atari has the license. :(

HM

On a side note I just heard cicada icecream was banned in Missouri

Ah, crazy laws... Those can be so much fun to look up. :)

Here's a really nutty one for you (though I don't remember the source): it is unlawful to fish from the back of a giraffe.
In a similar vein, alligators may not be tied to fire hydrants. (I really like visualizing the circumstances that caused this law to be passed, just for a laugh. :p)

Does Atari even make decent videogames anymore?

Also, PFFFFFFFFFFT, FOLLOWING THE LAW. TOO OLD FASHIONED.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Ghostbuster's was pretty decent... same with Champions, if you like doing the same thing over an over again.

[sblock=Yummy Cicadaa!]
060111_Sparkys_Cicada_Icecream_019_t_w600_h1200.jpg

[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Does Atari even make decent videogames anymore? .

No, no they don't. They got a new CEO that decided "good" games were hard to do and they'd leave that market to Bioware.... they'd focus on making crappy games hoping to cashing in on licensed games.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
re: Yummy Cicadas

if ice cream with cicadas is outlawed,what about cicada bug juice from my ronco windshield bug juicer?

Dragonwriter

First Post

No, no they don't. They got a new CEO that decided "good" games were hard to do and they'd leave that market to Bioware.... they'd focus on making crappy games hoping to cashing in on licensed games.

For the most part, Atari doles out a bunch of garbage these days. Very rarely, there is a gem (not necessarily a diamond) in the rough.

Also, PFFFFFFFFFFT, FOLLOWING THE LAW. TOO OLD FASHIONED.

Quick suggestion: browse through the earlier bits of the thread to find topics we've already covered. :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases