The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

renau1g

First Post
Go Halak Go!

Price have proven that he was a great goaler, and Halak too. Too bad we couldn't keep them both.

Yeah the blues owe Montreal a lot of thanks...too bad they didn't give Montreal some good players in return...that trade was awful (for Montreal)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I needed to give away more xp before I can give you any. I was able to give gratuity to velmont for the playes

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Oh, or all who may want to know, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 is the most amazing one yet.

Also:

[sblock=GandalfMithrandir's Condensed History of Thanksgiving]
Throughout the history of America there has been the holiday of Thanksgiving, this is when we celebrate, or at least are told we celebrate, the feast of The Natives and The Pilgrims. when we look at the historical facts of the time, however, we get a different story.

The natives and the Pilgrims did not get long at ALL. In one part of his journal, William Bradford, of the pilgrims, writes: "It is recorded in scripture as a mercy to the apostle and his shipwrecked country, that the barbarians showed no small kindness in refreshing them, but these savage barbarians, when they met with them (as after will appear) were readier to fill their sides full of arrows than otherwise." What this shows is that the Pilgrims and the Natives got off to a very bad start, which would not improve. The pilgrims have a very difficult time growing food and raising animals, and they stumble across a field of corn that Natives planted, and, knowing the natives planted it, stole it. After this they went back to their camp and stored up all of their food for the winter.

If you look back at this decision it would make a lot of sense. If you had a hard time growing anything in the first place, then why would you want to eat everything you had, or even half of what you had, before the harsh winter starts. Also, if you know that the natives are hostile, as was proven by at least three recorded skirmishes in his diary, then you would not want to eat the food with them, if you were to share the food with them at all.

However, to look at the reason for the legend, there were some colonies, especially the french ones, but some english settlements as well, that interacted well with the natives, and thus these peaceful interactions helped create the feeling that the Natives and Europeans always had good relations, which they almost never did, or rarely did. (see trail of tears under Jackson a few hundred years later). Also, if any of you have seen Pocahontas, Captain John Smith was not friendly with the Indians at all, he and his men reported seeing natives, who had not seen guns before, shooting at them, and cracking up at the natives ran away. However, it was Captain Smith that made Jamestown an even reasonable colony to the British by getting all the lazy people there, who spent a lot of time sitting around, to work. And he just said that he seduced the Native lady because he had a big head and said stuff like that. it was John Rolfe who fell in love with Pocahontas and made Jamestown profitable with the discovery that tobacco grew well there.

Anyway, I digress, hope you enjoyed reading it![/sblock]

GM

Velmont

First Post
Yeah the blues owe Montreal a lot of thanks...too bad they didn't give Montreal some good players in return...that trade was awful (for Montreal)

Halak is for the present, Eller is for the futur... so only the futur will say how bad the trade was for Montreal, but I think they will be the loser of that trade unless Eller become a 2nd line center... and for that, the Canadien would need to start by kicking off Gomez of that line. Damn he doesn't worth his millions at the moment.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I think it would have been a better story had you at least added the hummingbird.

19 XP till I can go through another "cycle" :p (but have to wait 24 hrs.)

HM
_

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases