The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Has anyone heard something of Voda Vosa? He had some traveling caused posting problems, was back and seems to has vanished again...

Yeah.. from about when I did a week brake from posting in my game (due to tvtroping myself to oblivion.)

OOC: You can autopilot me for a few days, I'm returning from Canada after six months, so my life is going to be hectic for a few days. Spread the word!

That was from June 30th.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Updating what?

My 14 games that I DM and the 11 I am a player in. :)

Current stats is I have new hardware and not neural implants (though that would be cool - have instant internet access at all times). I now have a device that sets up a wi-fi bubble where ever I go. Just have to set it near the device you wish to connect to the internet and wa-la.

It's alot bigger and heavier than the connect card I have, not sure I will keep it. But I had to take it for a test drive.

HM

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Here's a random question...

Has any of you tried running or played a game using FATE here? If so how well did it work?

I ask since I'm thinking of options for an idea I have for a game and I'm wondering if it might work better if I were using a system that is a little more open and story based then MM3e.

Walking Dad

First Post
I personally don't get FATE, even in RL. I use many descriptions and everything, but it becomes really tiring and hard for me to play 'effectively'.

I cannot describe it better, but the forced fluff/story-rules makes the fluff and description less an enjoyment and more work for me...

Whew, lots of FATE and FATE-inspired in this years Ennie nominees.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Yeah, I know what you mean... I sort of want to run something with easy and light which FATE seems like it should be able to manage. Unfortunately that wall of fluff you mentioned hurts as much as some of the head scratcher mechanics make prove to be a problem. And yeah, I also noticed the FATE Ennie nominations.

I think... what I really wish existed was something like TRUE20 but streamlined with the d20 inspired Templates removed and with the mechanics updated to MM3e.. I know it's probably doable with MM2e styled archetypes and templates but I don't want to use too much of a point based approach.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Templates = True20 Backgrounds?

For other systems, have you tried Savage Worlds? it is not d20, but pretty easy to learn and very customizable. It even has a Fantasy and a Superhero Companion.

You can read more here:
English (v6)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Templates = True20 Backgrounds?
Templates as in Monster Templates and creature types. I personally wished those were more inline with True20's backgrounds.

For other systems, have you tried Savage Worlds? it is not d20, but pretty easy to learn and very customizable. It even has a Fantasy and a Superhero Companion.

Ok.. that does look interesting, and it looks like it would be a good fit for the idea that I been putting together. :D

The idea that has been evolving was along the lines of Terry Gilliam's Baron Munchhausen, set in the gas-lamp fantasy world. The world was going to be similar to the world from Star Dust in terms of the use of a "walls" to create areas where most magic can not be used.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases