The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Damn.. stupid google docs should make it easy to post images.. but it doesn't.

Anyways, i'm not to sure about Cortex+ Marvel Supers. I definately don't like their idea of having event (adventure?) Books especially since Marvel characters tend to be editorially stupid during events (especially XMen) and over reliant on deus ex machina.

Here is the standard XMan event.
1. Everyone stands around ask themselves if an event is happening.
2. Telipaths / Cerebro / Teliporters get nullified.
3. Sentinel Fight (aka Enemy mook group Fight)
4. Everyone stands around to discuss/reflect/plan.
5. X-treme Sentinel Fight (aka the fight where someone dies or is critically injured)
6. Travel to location of BeG or BeG travels to location of X-Men
7. BeG Fight vs X-Men
8. The End.
Optional:
1. Avengers arrive (and do nothing, and/or are ineffectual since "This is an X-Man event")
2. Pheonix Time! (A pheonix shows up and does something)
3. Tie-In Book Side Adventure Jump Point.
4. The funeral / hospital scene.
5. The scene where the X-Kids start to cry and panic.
6. Meanwhile... stuff is happening. (A scene that usually involving the badguys, their plans, and or motives).

I assume the same thing happens in Marvel Universe events... which tend to happen at the same time as the X-Event and mainly features Avenger and Shield characters.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post

Please take a look and vote:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/pathfinder-rpg-discussion/309671-vote-what-contest-6-a.html

In which 3.5 or 4e D&D book is the anguilian?

anguillian.jpg

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I have a nerf battle (1 on 1) against one of my friends, I taught him everything he knows so I should be OK, I'll be camping a lot due to my foot, I went out back earlier today to scout and I have the perfect place all set up, in my back yard there are 4 rows of pine trees going most of the way across dividing the two halves of the back yard, so I found the end of one of the rows a tree had fallen, so I bulked that up a little bit to catch darts that might come my way and then cover me from the sides as well, so hopefully I'll be able to see him as he crosses over, I'll take my usual alpha trooper + 40mm scope to help me aim better if he crosses farther down the line from where I am. If I'm right he'll be pretty cautious as he moves around, he might try camping as well but he shouldn't camp for more than 30 minutes before he comes out and looks for me, but you never know, I once had to wait 5 hours for someone to come out of the clump of trees they hid in.

I'll tell you guys how it goes tomorrow or friday

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
he beat me 2 out of three times, or he would have, but he can't shoot very well, he keeps his head way by the back of the stock instead of near the front of it (there aren't rear iron sights so it doesn't matter, it's just an awkward way to shoot) but the first time, he didn't have a watch so after 5 minutes of watching where I expected him to come, I went looking for him, but he went around the back of the building we started from, so he got me, but missed so I got him, but anyone with aim would have had me, the second time I had to come to him in the first place so he hid behind a pine tree and shot me from there, so I was rather surprised to see the pine tree with a recon barrel sticking out of it. The second time we decided to both go away and meet in the middle sort of, so I ended up making my record farthest kill at about 60 yards through a hole in the branches of a tree about 10 feet away, I was quite proud of myself. Anyway, that's how that went.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Could use more rain over here in MD.

And did anyone else sign in today and get a bright white EnWorld with blue letters. I am so glad I'm back in black. :cool:

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
Could use more rain over here in MD.

And did anyone else sign in today and get a bright white EnWorld with blue letters. I am so glad I'm back in black. :cool:

HM

I could always go for rain... as long as it's a nice, cold storm from the North. I don't like the hot, humid tropical storms.

And yeah, I got that stupid White version earlier. Had to figure out where the particular option in Settings was so I could change it back to Black. I don't come to ENWorld to get blinded after waking up. :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases