The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Walking Dad

First Post
Found Dave's Funky Premise Generator, v 0.2

Dave's Funky Premise Generator, v 0.2

Premise: Dashing exorcists battle superhuman foes inside the Earth's hollow core.
Genre: Western/Noir

Premise: Philosophical nymphomaniacs struggle for acceptance a long time ago, in a galaxy far away.
Genre: Noir/Western

Premise: Angelic pacifists uphold their honour during the Protestant Reformation.
Genre: Cyberpunk

Premise: Alien Catholics search for true love in Han Dynasty China.
Genre: Crime/Western/Steampunk

Premise: Republican therapists play a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse beyond space and time.
Genre: Fantasy/Steampunk

Premise: Teenage Zulus uncover a terrible truth as the stars align and the Great Old Ones make their triumphant return.
Genre: Fantasy

Premise: Angry librarians try to get laid on a mysterious space station.
Genre: Steampunk/Adventure/Thriller

Premise: Lesbian sorcerers kidnap hapless livestock in Revolution-era America.
Genre: Steampunk/Romance/Thriller

Premise: Zombie bounty hunters search for a place to call home in modern-day Italy.
Genre: Alternative History/Cyberpunk/Drama

Roll your own premises or suggest RPG systems for mine.

(Bonus question: In which one of mine would you like to play?)

Last edited:

[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION]

Steampunk Protestant Reformation? That sounds amazing! Can't you imagine Martin Luther piloting a dirigible named "The 99 Theses" and fighting the Robot Catholic Church?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I don't think steam punk protestants they would be going against the robot catholic church if the robot designs were not art deco. Also,I'm certain the robot catholics would use diesel based technology and use gilded "neo classical retro-futuristic" design aesthetics.

-Sent via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Yes, I could totally see a japanimation of this.

Could be combined with:

Premise: Angelic pacifists uphold their honour during the Protestant Reformation.
Genre: Cyberpunk

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Am I the only person who has the temptation to create a new world for a pbp but fears that that making a map of it might be a wasted effort ?

But then, at the same time...it like the want of building some context to a game is over powering (even if the world would be somewhat sanboxish) but then I keep getting tripped up on how abstract/representational I want the map to be...

-Sent via Tapatalk

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases