The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Rhun

First Post
Am I the only person who has the temptation to create a new world for a pbp but fears that that making a map of it might be a wasted effort ?

But then, at the same time...it like the want of building some context to a game is over powering (even if the world would be somewhat sanboxish) but then I keep getting tripped up on how abstract/representational I want the map to be...

-Sent via Tapatalk

You're the only one. :D

Actually, if you don't want to put a lot of work into it, look online. You can find about a million and one fantasy maps available for use.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I have lost my old ability to maintain personal warmth with the loss of major tissue, but no more insulin shots!

Though I still am weak, I am getting stronger every day!

Rhun

First Post
I have lost my old ability to maintain personal warmth with the loss of major tissue, but no more insulin shots!

The bad with the good! Plus, it is easy to throw on a jacket when you get chilly. :)

Though I still am weak, I am getting stronger every day!

You'll do it. A tough bastard like you will get there. Just be patient, and don't force your body to do things it isn't ready to do.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
You're the only one. :D

Actually, if you don't want to put a lot of work into it, look online. You can find about a million and one fantasy maps available for use.

I want to some mapping decent sized chunk of the world to play in. However, in terms of mapping one issue is that I want to make a decent sized regional map I can expand out as need be. The best way to do this is using inkscape/illustrator/corell draw. Unfortunately the problem with doing this is that the many of the tools that exist to do this (ie paint brushes) were never created for use with illustrator.

For mapping there are quite literally thousands of photoshop brushes... but I have yet to see any for illustrator (or any illustrator symbols) beyond those made specifically for modern street maps.

Rhun

First Post
For mapping there are quite literally thousands of photoshop brushes... but I have yet to see any for illustrator (or any illustrator symbols) beyond those made specifically for modern street maps.

Ah, I see. I know you've already posted over in the Media Lounge, so hopefully somebody there can help out. Unfortunately, I'm just not that "up" on my mapping programs. I know this sounds lame, but I made the map of my homebrew world in MS Paint. LOL.

Remove ads