The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I'm going to war with Google+. They don't want me to use a shorten form of my name because it breaks their naming conventions, when it doesn't.

For some reason Name II Lastname as in Name [the second] Lastname doesn't mesh well even though Name Jr. Lastname does.

I'm seeing if they will accept my full name Name Middlename II Lastname (my middle name is listed under FN on my driver's license),

Sadly since I am a no one my situation will not be heard.

Rhun

First Post
In province of Quebec, we are the most taxed in North America, but at least, our electricity is low cost and green.

I just found out my city council is pending a vote to raise property taxes by 17% so that they can "hire more police." Maybe if the police you did have actually enforced the law instead of just harassing innocent folk, you wouldn't need more cops.

I'm not a very happy camper when it comes to taxes at the moment.

renau1g

First Post
Holy crap!!!! 17%!!!! I'd be wanting to attend that council meeting.

I found this tool (Canadian only, sorry) that shows how much of my year I work for the government. I work for them for 170 days of the year, my personal tax freedom day is coming up on June 18th, then I can actually start making my own money..... *sigh*. If I was in Quebec, it'd be July 2nd. Hmmm, maybe I should move to Alberta. I'd pay about $8k less in taxes there......

Personal Tax Freedom Day calculator | The Fraser Institute

Q: What types of taxes are included?

A: The Personal Tax Freedom Day calculator, like Tax Freedom Day, includes all taxes from all levels of government that Canadians pay. This includes: income & sales taxes; liquor, tobacco, amusement & other excise taxes; automobile, fuel, & motor vehicle licence taxes; CPP/QPP and EI contributions, medical & hospital taxes; property taxes; import duties; profit taxes; and natural resource levies.

Velmont

First Post
Well, it told me I work 183 for the government... which means I'm still working at this moment for it. So my last day or "work" for the government is the Canada Day... at least it is an holiday. But that give me one less reason to celebrate.

renau1g

First Post
Yes, if there's one thing I respect the Quebecois for, it's their opposition and willingness to fight, even if I don't always agree with their cause.

Well, that and the beer.... which makes me sad because there's no way I'm making it to Montreal this month :(

Velmont

First Post
I will not start a discussion on the causes in Quebec, and I won't state my position, but I must tell I feel like witnessing a discussion between two deaf kids. And the protestation have reach a level far larger than what it was at the start, and the inactivity of the government during the two first month is largely responsible of that.

I really think this will end with the next election. I hope it will be next fall.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases