The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Rhun

First Post
Holy crap!!!! 17%!!!! I'd be wanting to attend that council meeting.

I found this tool (Canadian only, sorry) that shows how much of my year I work for the government. I work for them for 170 days of the year, my personal tax freedom day is coming up on June 18th, then I can actually start making my own money..... *sigh*. If I was in Quebec, it'd be July 2nd. Hmmm, maybe I should move to Alberta. I'd pay about $8k less in taxes there......

Personal Tax Freedom Day calculator | The Fraser Institute

That is a cool tool.

You know what I find interesting, is we actually pay far more in taxes now than our forefathers did back in the 1700s...more than the taxes that led to The Boston Tea Party and The American Revolution.

Velmont

First Post
Beer... I've been to the World Beer Fest in Montreal. After three hours, I was feeling after tasting so many beer, but if I listen to the alcohol level detector, I should have been death drunk with 0.26 of alcohol in my blood. I doubt it, but at least, I was taking the train to come back home.

Rhun

First Post
tru point Rune, yet we the people remain complacent in our slavery.

I also realize a big point back then was the "taxation without representation." Of course, now we are just represented by people that don't care about anything but themselves. :)

Beer... I've been to the World Beer Fest in Montreal. After three hours, I was feeling after tasting so many beer, but if I listen to the alcohol level detector, I should have been death drunk with 0.26 of alcohol in my blood. I doubt it, but at least, I was taking the train to come back home.

0.26 is a very high blood-alcohol level. I'm sure I've been there many times in the past. I've greatly reduced my binge drinking since I was younger, though.

Walking Dad

First Post
As we have a tradition of posting trailers here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVwPgrQ_R_s"]Dungeons And Dragons 3 Trailer - YouTube[/ame]​

Walking Dad

First Post
I actually think the Dragonlance animated movie was a step in a better direction than those non-animated (what is the right word?) films. Just keep out the bad digital 3d effects the next time.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
non-animated = live action

I liked the trailer - Can't wait to see G.I Joe this weekend. I think that is Firefly on the cobra bike in the beginning of this trailer.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNUBV9trDoA"]G.I. Joe: Retaliation Exclusive Theatrical Trailer #2 [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

HM

Relique du Madde

Adventurer

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases