The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

renau1g

First Post
Thanks a lot Science, you ruined a dream of mine.

"Let's just tear the band-aid off: all DNA deteriorates at about the same rate, and a recent study published in Nature found that rate to be a half-life of 521 years. So unless Chris Columbus was riding a plesiosaur when he "discovered" the "new world", collecting enough DNA to clone a dinosaur is pretty much completely impossible.

Even preserved in amber, it deteriorates fully in 1.5 million years. Given that the last dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago, bringing them back looks to be totally out of the question."

DNA's Half-Life Makes Cloning Dinosaurs Impossible - IGN

DNA has a 521-year half-life : Nature News & Comment

http://i.imgur.com/lglU0.gif <- NSFW

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
You are not thinking 4th dimensionaly. All you need to do is get a delorean convert it to a time machine powered by 1.21 gigawatts of Iranian nuclear energy (since they totally are not making a nuclear missile) and you are set. That or you need to take a rafting trip through a time vortex.

My old campaign world's moon was a diamond. Since the planet itself was between the size of Mars and Venus, its hard to tell how big that diamond moon would be. However one of the capitol cities one the main continent was carved out of a remains of an ancient doomsday meteor made of the same type of diamond.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Leif

Adventurer
I think you mean Sleestaks, don't you?

Here's a Sleestak all dressed up to go out on the town!

Attachments

• Sleestak 2.jpg
    Sleestak 2.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
More Sleestaks:

Attachments

• Sleestak 1.jpg
    Sleestak 1.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Sleestak 3.jpg
    Sleestak 3.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Sleestak and Obama.jpg
    Sleestak and Obama.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice) and Sleestak.jpg
    Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice) and Sleestak.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
They actually make cheese curds here in Utah, too...they call it squeaky cheese. I'm not sure why.
I researched this for you, and it's actually cheese made from mouse's milk. They have these little, tiny milking machines, and they put it in little, tiny bottles and everything!

Last edited:

Remove ads