The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

renau1g

First Post
The builder was the one thing that let me managed building characters. I'm doing it usually when I'm offline, and it is the only possibility to keep up with all the errata while being offline. Their was much (nerd) rage already on the wizard board about people canceling their subscriptions, so their is hope the will maybe consider their politics.

This is really annoying for me. First the many card draw mechanics in Gamma World. Now this. Card draw is bad for PbP games and most online games use all the errata.

Has anyone a good idea how to play card draw roleplaying games as PbP?

Not a fan. I've canceled my subscription as before I was paying for something I'd have indefinitely, but now I"m paying for something that's only good until I stop forking over the dough. Ah well, I guess I'll be one of the ones playing "only" pre-essentials/DS characters. There's still 1000's of feats and powers for me to play around with so I'm really not in a bad situation I guess.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Not counting the X* nonsense posts you made in the original Fray thread?

*X, in this case, indicates the number of posts equal to Leif's current post count, minus 1. While numerical laws may normally dictate so many posts could not have existed in the original thread, this peculiarity circumvents such restrictions. :eek:

lol. despite the closeness of accuracy of describing my self in that thread, I still find this hilarious!

renau1g

First Post
I liked the CB as it is, an offline tool. I don't want to need a connection to play with the CB. :(

It's not a tool anymore it's a service. I also am leery of the "datamining" that will be going on. They plan to make more articles for the popular combos...they should do the opposite, see what people don't play and try to make them more palatable. (PaoloM made this comment, but I don't have time to dig around for it)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I don't use CB's when I make characters so I can't comment or speculate. I just put them on paper then type them up. As I have made about 20-30 characters in the past year (and checked over nearly as many). I rarely find a mistake and if I do it is fixable before posting.

Now I can help WD with his card drawing question. If I were to do it I would have a post with the cards are listed and numbered and then leave everything up to good old IC (they seem to torment players pretty good) and you can roll odd dice on IC like a d52 for your standard card deck and what not.

Would be alot of work to type all the cards and what they do in, but you could search around and see if someone hasn't already done it somewhere, and then copy paste from that site.

HM

_

GandalfMithrandir

First Post

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Not like in the good old days when all TSR wanted was people to have fun around the kitchen table. Now all they see is how much more thay can make this year over last. :(

HM

_

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases