The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

renau1g

First Post
I think so, then WOTC bought it, d20 was born, then hasbro bought WOTC and the board game calling itself an RPG was born. I'm sorry if you like 4e, I don't and never will.

DISCLAIMER: I like 4e on it's own, if you don't think of it as D&D, because it plays a lot different, so I just think of it as a seperate game and that works well for me, I use the published PHB 1 MM 1 and DMG 1 and nothing else in my games.

It's funny because D&D's roots are in a "board game" (war game) ;)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
And now we have the fray!
Let the battle ground become dust and blood!
Let the battle ground be cries of the attackers and defenders!
each and one a dieing victum or battle crazed warrior!!

Let there be war!!

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
lol, I've not had a bad enough day to edition war, I was just putting out my position, in fact I will delete out everything from above post except 4e in order to be less combative.

renau1g

First Post
Let there be war!!

If it's a war we must follow some rules of engagement

[sblock=Flow chart]
flowchart_l.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
lol, I've not had a bad enough day to edition war, I was just putting out my position, in fact I will delete out everything from above post except 4e in order to be less combative.

Awww... c'mon GM. Nobody here really is upset or anything. This group of Frayers...Frayites...Frayists? are pretty relaxed. I know we need at least one edition war each "Fray" thread... ;)

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
OK, if you want me to argue...

the #1 reason I don't like 4e is that it plays more like D&D minis with expanded rules than like 3.5 did, which is the system I learned on, I think if I were to start with 4e I would like it a whole lot more, but I'm, not starting with 4e, so I have more difficulty adjusting to the need of maps, and I am upset with WOTC for constantly changing everything, canceling Dungeon and Dragon (my two favorite magazines ever), and they killed my favorite campaign setting (FR) and I know it is not necessarily their fault, but I generally try to remember them as they once were, before 4th edition.

EDIT: and I am glad we are discussing this like reasonable people.

renau1g

First Post
Oh.. and one more pic from Weem of the new improved CS's from the Online CB...

[sblock=Sheet]
newcharactersheet.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
AAAAHHHHKKKK!!! not the neferious flow chart of proper behavior analasys!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Harumpf, you posted a different chart since i last looked!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases