The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Insight

Adventurer
What about Colubus, Ohio? if there any slums there, That would be a great starting spot!

Maybe, although if we're doing 1920s, there wasn't much going on in Columbus. Not necessarily a deterrent to running a game there, but it doesn't give me much to work with.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I think Chicago could work, there was a lot of underworld activity going on then, or New York, more specifically brooklyn, south manhattan and The Bronx, or if you need help figureing out how it is in someplace like that you can ask me as I have been there before, if you don't need help that's fine too.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I was born in L.A. I think it would do well with all of the cults there thaty were born of end of the world prophets back then. NOt to mention the drugs that were being developed there. As a side note, Cannabus use was legaly taxes in the late 30's. You coould just have just about any thing be going on, red herrings and all!

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I am quite pleased that I've managed to find three willing subjects prospective players for my Call of Cthulhu game. Now if we could only decide on a setting... :p

With the up and coming of Holywood, Los Angles had its 1920's grit going on, too.

I was born in L.A. I think it would do well with all of the cults there thaty were born of end of the world prophets back then. NOt to mention the drugs that were being developed there. As a side note, Cannabus use was legaly taxes in the late 30's. You coould just have just about any thing be going on, red herrings and all!

I say, if you do anything in 1930s California include San Fransisco and make at least one visit to San Jose (Winchester Mansion). These areas would be good since you can try to make a paranormal/mythosian connection with the 1907 quake. IE.. it was caused by __????__ being summoned and ripping a hole into reality. Who knows, maybe being in a city that was leveled 20 years before may have caused a dooms day cult to manifest in the bay area.

The problem with 1930s LA was that everything was more centralized then it is today and that the city seemed more node like because there were more clusters and suberbs that were unincorporated. For instance right now santa monica is still basically LA even though it's a separate city, and its hard to tell where Santa Monica begins and La Ends. However, back in the 1930s it was definitely a separate city since there was nothing between it an LA except for farms, groves, and a few isolated communities. If I remember my history correctly, everything began to conglomerate and become insane towards the late 30s and 40s (Old one influence?) due to the post war boom.

Last edited:

Remove ads