The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
renau1g I couldn;t follow your flow chart I couldn't find where it started.

*shrugs*

The weird thing is EnWorld is now off center and I have to scroll over to read parts of a post. What's that all about?

HM

_

Walking Dad

First Post
I don't use CB's when I make characters so I can't comment or speculate. I just put them on paper then type them up. As I have made about 20-30 characters in the past year (and checked over nearly as many). I rarely find a mistake and if I do it is fixable before posting.

Now I can help WD with his card drawing question. If I were to do it I would have a post with the cards are listed and numbered and then leave everything up to good old IC (they seem to torment players pretty good) and you can roll odd dice on IC like a d52 for your standard card deck and what not.

Would be alot of work to type all the cards and what they do in, but you could search around and see if someone hasn't already done it somewhere, and then copy paste from that site.

HM

_

How do I do an character that includes all errata and all your sources without internet access (during creation, I assume downloaded dungeons and errata):

Before mechanics (make cool character concept and background)

a) Look through all your books (and possible pdfs) and mark/write out possible feat and powers for your race/class combination.

b) Choose from them.

c) Check if your choices have been drastic nerved in the most current errata pdf.

d) choose different because of c).

e) rinse and repeat until finished with b) and c).

f) do the math.

Did you re-checked the errata HM?

---

About the IC card idea:

Each time someone draws a card, this specific card becomes unavailable. So you would have to re-do the list after each draw :(

Exactly.. I mean hell according to that flowchart I should not be posting here (since I assume it was based on enworld) because I play m&m 2e.

This data transmission was sent via cybernetic implant.
We could argue about the different editions of M&M (including (DC A).

I like M&M 2nd more than 1st, but 1st is more compatible with 'mainstream' d20.

DC A looks better than both, but lacks the amount of sourcebook and the incorporated errata the previous editions.

Let's the M&M edition war begin!

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
We could argue about the different editions of M&M (including (DC A).

I like M&M 2nd more than 1st, but 1st is more compatible with 'mainstream' d20.
I don't think I ever opened up M&M 1e, however I believe that I have the book.... somewhere.

DC A looks better than both, but lacks the amount of sourcebook and the incorporated errata the previous editions.

Let's the M&M edition war begin!
From my brief read through of DC A there wasn't much about DC A that I didn't like or thought was problematic (the change in devices would take some betting use to). Unfortunately since I don't have a table group I haven't really been motivated to create any characters, especially because no one on ENWorld seems to be interested in segmenting the board's small M&M community by starting a 3e recruitment thread.

Then again, I think people are waiting for the official M&M 3e Players Handbook and the 3e Ultimate Power-like Book to be released before they do.

Walking Dad

First Post
... especially because no one on ENWorld seems to be interested in segmenting the board's small M&M community by starting a 3e recruitment thread.

Then again, I think people are waiting for the official M&M 3e Players Handbook and the 3e Ultimate Power-like Book to be released before they do.
I think exactly the same. I want to try it out in the future, but currently enjoying the seemingly revival of M&M 2nd on the PbP forum.

Maybe someone could make an interest check for a game using DCA rules. Not me, because I'm currently a bit overloaded and have to shorten the games I'm participating a bit.

Insight

Adventurer
I don't think I ever opened up M&M 1e, however I believe that I have the book.... somewhere.

I started with M&M 1 and I thought it was pretty cool. I never got to run a RL supers campaign with it, but I did a few one-shots at Origins and ran a Star Wars conversion using M&M 1.

When I got M&M 2, I was blown away with how much was improved. And the way they broke down power creation in Ultimate Power made it even better for a tinkerer like me. At this point, I don't believe there is any advantage is going "retro" and playing M&M 1 any more.

From my brief read through of DC A there wasn't much about DC A that I didn't like or thought was problematic (the change in devices would take some betting use to). Unfortunately since I don't have a table group I haven't really been motivated to create any characters, especially because no one on ENWorld seems to be interested in segmenting the board's small M&M community by starting a 3e recruitment thread.

I'm not a "DC" guy, so my interest in DCA is very low. Like many others, I think, I'm waiting for the official M&M 3 to be released before even considering switching.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases