The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
You could use Detroit, MI...now...

That would Actually work really well... depending on which part of it, the inhabited part or the uninhabited part, also certain neighborhoods of Grand Rapids as well, or any big city, for that matter, but detroit does have lots of potential for that.

renau1g

First Post
The show Life After People featured Detroit in one episode... the old Packer Auto plant IIRC. They show some of the more run down locations.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
could someone who understands please tell me how the img tags work? I can't figure out how to use them.

Also first person to tell me what rifle is in this picture gets a "good job" from me

link to picture since I can't use an img tag yet, it's probably above my pay grade

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
The show Life After People featured Detroit in one episode... the old Packer Auto plant IIRC. They show some of the more run down locations.

The sad thing is that Detroit IS the quintessential real-life example of that series considering that there are areas which are so vacant and desolate that you would be amazed that people live a quarter-of-a-mile away of where you are standing. I saw a website with pictures of the abandoned neighborhoods in the Detroit Area, and I was even surprised that such desolation exists within the US.

Walking Dad

First Post
could someone who understands please tell me how the img tags work? I can't figure out how to use them.

Also first person to tell me what rifle is in this picture gets a "good job" from me

link to picture since I can't use an img tag yet, it's probably above my pay grade

Just type (img)picture address(/img) with [] instead of ().

Also needs to be an actual graphic format.

13_detroit_02.jpg

renau1g

First Post
The sad thing is that Detroit IS the quintessential real-life example of that series considering that there are areas which are so vacant and desolate that you would be amazed that people live a quarter-of-a-mile away of where you are standing. I saw a website with pictures of the abandoned neighborhoods in the Detroit Area, and I was even surprised that such desolation exists within the US.

I live across the border from downtown Detroit and it always amazes me on 4th of July weekend how many Americans come over to Canada to watch the fireworks we have on the river between the cities. I took a wrong turn once and it was possibly the most freaked out I've been. Flint, MI is actually worse though... sad... the huge losses of the domestic automakers market share (starting in the 80's) really decimated many parts of Detroit area.

Remove ads