The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
define sniper? advanced (highly accurate) sights or telescopic sights

and yes, if you think of snipers as highly patient people that hide until a mark comes along who they then shoot, yes, the south was good at that, dishonorable mumblemumbmemumble :D

The Union did have sharpshooters, one company/regiment.

I will now tell another story.

So, Michigan was recruiting its extra regiment (26th Michigan, I think) and a native american man came to join up, he was turned down so some legal thing happened I think, so he then joined, along with, I think, all the men in his villiage. Now, to join the sharpshooters you had to be able to consistently hit a small target at 500 yards, defenitely not an easy thing to do. of the 30 or so people that joined from that villiage, only one of them was unable to do that, also they were some of the first Native Americans to serve in th US Army, and they fought bravely at the Battle of the Crater (if anyone is unfamiliar with this battle pipe up, its the one in cold mountain where they blow a hole under the confederate line.) In any case, all the union soldiers got stuck in this crater that was blown in the confederate line, and the confederates were doing things like saying "shoot the n-word take the white man" and essentially shooting fish in a barrel, now, as the union soldiers were retreating, two men from this unit guarded the way up, one of these was from the native american village and the other was from somewhere else and white. The native american was shot and killed and the other guy survived and was awarded the medal of honor, the native american probably would have been awarded it but they did not award it posthumously.

Also the chief of the village was offered a position of an officer but he decided to be a private just like the others from his unit.

Michigan Valor! :)

Last edited:

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
request for help:

hello fellow EN worlders, as you may know, I am doing an XP Project to figure out everything there is to know about xp.

now, here is where you come in, as you can see, there are xp levels that I do not know exactly what they are, some of you are around these levels, so if you happen to remember what amount of XP (within 5) was when you flipped over, I will give you an experience point*.
Thank you very much!

*only valid for levels 4, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 16

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Kentucky long riflemen from back in the revolutionary war were used as snipers then and on.

i think Benedict Arnold was one. Professor?

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

And also I found this for you GandaulfMithdranor

Attachments

• resisistance is futile.jpg
    resisistance is futile.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 52

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
nooo!
we started august 26, because we got around the stupid law that says it can't start til after labor day because we are college prep and colleges start earlier, but yes, I get that feeling.

Walking Dad

First Post
Hey, just found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPIJonathan
I could be wrong, but wasnt that also a Steve Kenson production? Somehow I recall that SAS d20 was of his design, but I could be wrong.

I wrote material for SAS (primarily the History of Comics and Gamemastering chapters) but had virtually nothing to do with the Tri-Stat system design apart from some playtesting, and even less to do with SAS d20, which I didn't even see until it was published.
Here:
Single Post by Steve Kenson

Could one say he got some inspiration from the rules set? Some design decisions seem very similar.
Whatever, great work on all incarnations of M&M, Mr Kenson.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
It's extremely possible considering that by playtesting he would have had to make characters, use the system, then give feedback on the numbers (which would have informed his creation).

But no matter what, its hard to deny that M&M is vastly superior to GoO's creation.

Walking Dad

First Post
It's extremely possible considering that by playtesting he would have had to make characters, use the system, then give feedback on the numbers (which would have informed his creation).

But no matter what, its hard to deny that M&M is vastly superior to GoO's creation.
I totally agree. It seems it was helpful for them to go farther away from d20's fantasy roots.

Leif

Adventurer
See? Now that's what I like to see, Relique and WD, players in agreement and getting along. I know nothing about M&M, but it sounds like you both agree that M&M is great, whatever it is. (Mutants and Masterminds, presumably? I actually do have that book, Second Edition published by Green Ronin, but I've never played it.)

But back to the matter at hand -- why can't D&D people learn from that and just all get along? And, in my opinion, whether you prefer Pathfinder/3.5 or 4E doesn't really matter, does it? It's ALL Dungeons and Dragons.

Scott DeWar

It is WotC/Hasbro that torques my tail. The whole "put in faults so we can sell a whole new edition" sales philosophy is like what has hampered the american auto mfg. co.s in that they purposefully engineer the vehicle to have troubles and then they sell the parts to you. The Germans and Japanese try to make a vehicle that wont break down.

Make a game that works, like Piazo tried to do by fixing 3.5 as musch as possible.

I am just sayin, ya know.

Remove ads