The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Walking Dad

First Post
... It's ALL Dungeons and Dragons.
It's ALL my favorite hobby: role-playing. But I think I prefer Fantasy and Supers.

Make a game that works, like Piazo tried to do by fixing 3.5 as musch as possible.

I am just sayin, ya know.
To be fair, M&M3 had some changes for changes sake (renaming intelligence to intellect, for example) but it stayed true enough to it's roots and fixed an already great system.

renau1g

First Post
The Germans and Japanese try to make a vehicle that wont break down.

hehehe... this is funny. The Germans and Japanese make just as much on after market parts as the Americans do. Look at a certain World's Largest Automaker's recent recall woes that hammered their US sales figures for an example of that. Read the details on it. I'm not saying the Big 3 (or Detroit 3) are better, just funny that companies that rank very poorly in JD Power's Quality studies (Volkswagon, Scion (part of Toyota), and Mazda to name a few) are seen as dependable. Heck even Mercedes and BMW are rated as Average, while Buick, Lexus, Lincoln, Mercury, and Porsche have the highest rating. (One Japanese, Three American, and One Italian).

Insight

Adventurer
See? Now that's what I like to see, Relique and WD, players in agreement and getting along. I know nothing about M&M, but it sounds like you both agree that M&M is great, whatever it is. (Mutants and Masterminds, presumably? I actually do have that book, Second Edition published by Green Ronin, but I've never played it.)

But back to the matter at hand -- why can't D&D people learn from that and just all get along? And, in my opinion, whether you prefer Pathfinder/3.5 or 4E doesn't really matter, does it? It's ALL Dungeons and Dragons.

People like to imagine that they're relevant, so they argue about stupid things.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I'm not saying the Big 3 (or Detroit 3) are better, just funny that companies that rank very poorly in JD Power's Quality studies (Volkswagon, Scion (part of Toyota), and Mazda to name a few) are seen as dependable. Heck even Mercedes and BMW are rated as Average, while Buick, Lexus, Lincoln, Mercury, and Porsche have the highest rating. (One Japanese, Three American, and One Italian).
Things thatmake you Hmmmm. I still trust whome I trust. In gameing I like 3.5 and 3.75.
Piazo worked hard to fix as much of Hasbrto's under thought gaming system, just to get the mateerial out. That ssassys a lot about their 'quality control'.
I own a Nissan and it is at 250,000 mile + and I think that is a good record.
That says a lot about Quality control. Oh, by the wway, there has never ever been any engine work such as needing a new timing gear, or something like that.

People like to imagine that they're relevant, so they argue about stupid things.

Please go easy on him. It is that he can't help it. His chosen career as a gnome has his mind all messed up.

Scott-Oh, I'm gonna get it from Leif now-DeWar.

renau1g

First Post
I just used to work in the auto industry and always found it funny customer perceptions vs. facts. That's really why GM and Ford suffered so much, their perceived quality was the problem (Chrysler however did have a lot of issues).

I had a Toyota Corolla that had around 300k km on it. Great car. I also owned a Buick Lacrosse for 5 years and loved that vehicle also, smoothest ride I've ever had. Note, I was 22 when I bought it and the dealer tried to talk me out of it, saying a young man like me should buy a Chevy Pick-up or something. Now I drive a Dodge Caravan, a sad reality of having 3 kids. One day I can get back to my old man vehicle... one day...

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am to understand that Luigi Porsche started with the Volksvagon, than had a dispute or something and left for Italy and started Porsche there, making it Italion.

It also explained why you can make a VW into a Porsche with a kit.

Leif

Adventurer
Ye Greater Deities! I hope I can remember all the catty comments I want to make....

Buick, Lexus, Lincoln, Mercury, and Porsche have the highest rating. (One Japanese, Three American, and One Italian).
Yeah, I was going to point out the Porshce is German, not Italian, but Gandalfmithrandir beat me to it. :(
It's ALL my favorite hobby: role-playing. But I think I prefer Fantasy and Supers.
I agree completely! Well, almost -- I would substitute SF gaming for supers, but it's the same general idea.
It is WotC/Hasbro that torques my tail.

Make a game that works, like Piazo tried to do by fixing 3.5 as musch as possible.
My tail is torqued as severely as yours, and for the same reason! ;)
I am just sayin, ya know.
Yeah, you're ALWAYS 'just' SAYING something.....
What??? You mean I'M NOT relevant?! Oh, the horror of it all!
Please go easy on him. It is that he can't help it. His chosen career as a gnome has his mind all messed up.
Scott-Oh, I'm gonna get it from Leif now-DeWar.
Hmpf! I can take it. No sweat, dude. You seem to have forgotten how SUPERIOR we Gnomes really are!
I am to understand that Luigi Porsche started with the Volksvagon, than had a dispute or something and left for Italy and started Porsche there, making it Italion.

It also explained why you can make a VW into a Porsche with a kit.
HAHAHAHA, too funny (and sadly true)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases