The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Dragonwriter

First Post
Sorry I'll be sure to XP you up to Flail Snail so you can be truly slow and slimy.

HM

Just please make sure it's a reason beyond "Here's some XP!" ;)
I like having a strange, false sense of accomplishment when I get XP. :p

Dang! I can't xp you YET, DW! I want to watch you slithering around on your belly with a cool shell on your back! :)

Like I said earlier, I don't really mind being a critter that hangs out with and supports a big powerful Vampiric Red Dragon. Plus I know what 3.X book Trilloch was printed in (even if I don't have it), unlike Flail Snail.

Leif

Adventurer
Like I said earlier, I don't really mind being a critter that hangs out with and supports a big powerful Vampiric Red Dragon. Plus I know what 3.X book Trilloch was printed in (even if I don't have it), unlike Flail Snail.
Interesting! I can't seem to locate it in any of my 3.X monster books! The closest I can find are the: Flay Beast in Creature Collection III, Savage Bestiary, and the Flailing Dreadnought in Creature Collection II, Dark Menagerie. The Wizards monster books don't even get that close, not even FF! I seem to remember it being in the 1E Fiend Folio, but I can't locate my copy just now to confirm that.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Interesting! I can't seem to locate it in any of my 3.X monster books! The closest I can find are the: Flay Beast in Creature Collection III, Savage Bestiary, and the Flailing Dreadnought in Creature Collection II, Dark Menagerie. The Wizards monster books don't even get that close, not even FF!

Or it could be in a Dragon issue. I just know I hadn't heard of it before the level-name changes.

I don't think Flail Snail made it to 3e did it?

If so watch out Jareth :p

HM

Oh, come on! First a hydra, then a Flail Snail (whatever a FS is, anyway :p)... Though at least now, Jareth can cause some damage. Moreso if I ever get a set of Boots of Striding and Springing...

Leif

Adventurer
I do remember Flail Snails being in the 1E AD&D Fiend Folio. Of that I am quite certain. Still, I sure would like to find my copy so I could visually confirm my memory.

I even remember the picture, too. Ugly Boogers they are!

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I do remember Flail Snails being in the 1E AD&D Fiend Folio. Of that I am quite certain. Still, I sure would like to find my copy so I could visually confirm my memory.

I even remember the picture, too. Ugly Boogers they are!

Look, you made him sad.

flailsnail.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases