The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Dragonwriter

First Post
I did not...what is it?

After the NZ earthquake, RPGNow talked with some of their partners/publishers and put together a nice bundle package, with proceeds from the sale going to the Red Cross/the earthquake victims. They had a banner up through last week after the sale, saying they raised a little over $46K.

It was about 40-some pdfs, $300 in savings... And the only reason I got it was seeing a post in either the Industry or the General forum.
And now I'm itching to run (or at least play in) several games using the 3pp from that...
Among them, Scion: Hero and Armageddon: The End Times.

Scion has had my eye for some time now... I'm a mythology buff, so the idea of playing characters with divine heritage really appeals to me. :)
(That, and now I really want to RP as Baron Samedi, speaking with one of his half-mortal children. :lol: )

Dragonwriter

First Post
Here I thought you were talking about the Bond character (I loved Goldeneye growing up on N64)

I'd actually forgotten about him. And when I last watched Live and Let Die, I didn't have the slightest inkling about that character's inspiration.

Come to think of it, I still don't have a lot of knowledge concerning the Loa/Voodoo... I'll need to see if I can find one of my family's old, giant mythology encyclopedias...

renau1g

First Post
My knowledge of Voodoo is limited to watching Princess and the Frog (Disney) with my boys. The antagonist is a voodoo practicer, The Shadow Man.

Dragonwriter

First Post
A couple friends of mine have recommended that one (but I'm not much of a Disney-watcher, these days :p)...

But my own knowledge on the subject is rather limited, as well. I've never really had a good chance to learn about it, even though I'd like to.

I'm one of those folks who enjoys learning about a wide variety of unusual subjects... You never know when some obscure piece of info might come in handy! Besides, having a bunch of info concerning creatures/spirits/myths/folklore is of great use for GMs. :D

Dragonwriter

First Post
I'm not fond of scouring the internet for info... Too many advertisements, no matter what search engine I use. I remember doing research on the history of medieval weapons and was getting all sorts of "buy weapon history" and "history for sale". Or just links to other search engines. :erm:

So, when possible, I like to use good old books. And I'm one of those weird folk who really enjoys a proper book. It feels... right. And I tend to retain things better if I read them from a page, rather than a screen.

Remove ads