The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

renau1g

First Post
I just saw the "highlights" or rather lowlights. That was a :):):):):):) hit, especially as he wasn't really near the puck. Not sure how long I'd like to see him out for, but Richards got nothing for his elbow on Booth last year (that cost him most of the year), Ovechkin gets a game or two for his knees and cheap shots, even Matt Cooke gets away with too many cheap shots (look at Marc Savard, career over likely)...

I've seen Chara play a bunch of times and he comes across as far too gentle a giant actually, I always thought he needs to play more physical even if his shoulder is on the same level as the other guys head. First time offender maybe 3-5 games.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
As for crossing political lines, in this thread therre is a loosened law on that aspect of en world. Most , if not all of those in this thread woule tip their hat to you for willingly vent here. Unneccessary reactionary comments would most likely be policed by the 'locals' here.

The mods leave us unmolested as we are quite civil to each other and each others opinions and vents. Which is just the oppidite as what you will find on Circvs Maximvs.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
As for crossing political lines, in this thread therre is a loosened law on that aspect of en world.

Actually that's not true. Even in the hive I've gotten a warning because of mentioning something stupid a politician was doing. Often it comes down to did a mod walk by at the moment, or did someone report?

Walking Dad

First Post

renau1g

First Post
Errrr...yah, Fox News makes me laugh. So we're likely headed for an election here in Canada soon (our parliamentary system doesn't have fixed term limits, just a max limit) as the minority gov't has forced a confidence vote soon and the opposition seems likely to topple said govt'. I'm in quite the conundrum, we have terrible leaders for all political parties. The Cons have demonstrated lies, misinformation, manipulation of supposedly arm's length offices, and have decided to rebrand The Goverment of Canada to "the Harper Government" (WTF? how do you rebrand the eff'ing gov't), the Liberals have no platform other than "we're not the Cons" and their leader is almost as uninspiring as John Kerry, the NDP is even further left than the Libs and other than being the party of unions I can't figure them out, the Green party is cute, but their platform would cost us dearly to enact their ideas (and Americans too with the oil sands projects), and finally the Bloc Quebecois, the only party that exists in only one province for the direct purpose of trying to get more than their fair share.

Definitely some (a lot?) of hyperbole there, but really I hate the fact that there's not a single one of them I could get behind.

Scott DeWar

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't. That sounds like a great title for a game on En .. .. .. ..Darn Chairwoman Gene, already has that tile!

As for my comment on allowing political statements on this thread, we who visit here tend to be very responsible as to what we say and we police our selves when one of us get out of line.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
*wheww* *wheww* *wheww*

Pull over Scott DeWar...

Officer HM gets out his notepad and rights Scott DeWar a ticket...

For a post being neither funny enough, witty, or off topic.

Please Bail-Leif take him away.:p

HM

Scott DeWar

*drives off when officer HM places his moter bike in front of his truck, running over the moterbike and the peals out while laughing.*

Remove ads