Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: Mal, I missed Ronak's attacks - but I don't think there's an easy way to retcon while maintaining the spirit of my moves, so let them stand I would have probably used the same attacks anyway

Sound of Stone breathes deeply, marshalling his reserves of strength. "Friend Artemis. I am sorry, but I will be needing your help soon, I think."

Then, he lashes out with his vicious claws and his spear, raking the two hob goblins and the dog that are in front of him

OOC: Standard: Second Wind, +6 hp, +2 to defenses.

Minor, Thri-kreen claws on P26,Q26,Q25 (1d20+8=10, 1d8+8=15, 1d20+8=15, 1d8+8=11, 1d20+8=10, 1d8+8=13) vs AC, all three miss.

AP: Cranes wing on P26,Q26,Q25 (1d20+5=17, 1d8+5=6, 1d20+5=14, 1d8+5=7, 1d20+5=14, 1d8+5=8) vs reflex

Three hits, three minions Dead!

Flurry of blows on Q27, killing it too!

Move: r27

All the enemies engaging in that area of the fight are down.

OOC: Medic!

[sblock=Quick Stats]Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 1 Speaks in Lime Italics HP9/25 Temp HP 0 ,

Initiative
+5 AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 13 AP 0, Surges 7/8 Centered Flurry of Blows, Crane's Wings, Five Storms, XXThri-kreen ClawsXX, Open the Gates of Battle, Masterful Spiral,
Special: 2nd wind used

Wiki page: PC:SoundofStone (rb780nm) - L4W Wiki

[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Tactics]If Artemis heals SoS (and he probably should at this point considering a Second Wind would blow a turn), then I may need someone else's help one-rounding this swordsman.[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Even as the dragon's sparking breath coruscates over his metal frame and arrows puncture him from all sides, Halcyon pounds a hand against his chest with an resounding clang and bellows an exultant war cry, feeling ancient battle instinct kick in and take over. He lashes out with a wild swing at the hobgoblin in front of him, failing to connect but feeling reinvigorated regardless as he sees the fear in the thug's eyes.

He spins to face the fire elemental that has broken through the ranks. "No further," he demands, fixing the thing with an implacable glare.

[sblock=OOC]Ardent Strike vs Toadie P22: 1d20+7=8, miss vs AC.

AP: Second Wind. Regain 7 HP, +2 to defenses TENT.

Minor: Divine Challenge on Fire Elemental O23. It's marked, takes -2 on attacks that don't include Halcyon, and takes 9 radiant damage once per round if it makes an attack that doesn't include Halcyon.[/sblock]

[sblock=Halcyon Quick Stats]Halcyon, Warforged Paladin 1
Initiative: -1, Senses: Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13

AC 20, Fort 17, Ref 13, Will 17
HP 9/29, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 11/12
Saving Throws +2 against ongoing damage, can take roll or 10 on death saves
Speed 5

Action Points 0

Powers
Warforged Resolve
Divine Pursuit
Channel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
Blazing Brand
Ardent Vow x3

Daily Item Powers 1
-

Consumables
4 gp

Conditions
-[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: Owen, Dante, Mercurial, Artemis Hark, Gilgamesh, Queen and Aedan are up.

[sblock=Updated S&S]
Big Boss: Full defense
Hobogoblin N21: Marked (Dante)
Swordman L17: Full defense
Swordman R18: slowed (Save ends)
Swordman K26: 16/40 Quarry (Mikara)
Fire Elemantal Q18: Full defense, Slowed (Save ends)
Fire Elemental O23 Marked (Halcyon)
Vicious Dog N18: Slowed (save ends)
Vicious Dog P20: Slowed (Save ends)
Water ELemental 018: 24/29 Full defense
Water Elemental K19: 24/29

Aedan: 19/24
Artemis Hark: 20/24
Dante: 27/27
Gilgamesh: 18/26
Halcyon: 9/29 +2 defenses TENT, AP spent
Lenard: 13/28 Ap spent
Mercurial: 10/24
Mikara: 35/39, AP spent, marked by swordman
Owen: 12+5/28 resilience spent
Queen: 22/30
Sound of Stone: 9/24 +2 defenses TENT, AP spent
Yishim: 25/29 AP spent

Gang Leader (Sinruth, Hobgoblin)
Perception 13
HP 185; Bloodied 92
AC 22 (24 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 16, Reflex 16, Will 12
OA: Chain Trip (standard; requires spiked chain, at-will) Weapon
reach 2; +6 vs Reflex; 1d6+4 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Phalanx Soldier
Sinruth gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Vicious Dogs
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
Perception 17
AC 16; Fortitude 14, Reflex 14, Will 13
OA: Bite (standard, at-will)
+7 vs AC; 4 damage (5 damage against a prone target). If the dog has combat advantage against the target, the target falls prone.

Wyrmling
Perception 14
HP 96; Bloodied 48
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 17, Will 16
Resist 5 lightning
OA: Claw (standard, at-will)
+10 vs AC; 1d4+5 damage.

Hobgoblin toadies
Perception 11
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 17 (19 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs AC; 5 damage.
Phalanx Soldier:
The hobgoblin grunt gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Archers
Perception 21
HP 32; Bloodied 16
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Short Sword (if drawn)
+5 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.

Lesser Fire ElementalHP 27; Bloodied 13 Initiative +6
Perception 11
AC 14, Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 13
Frozen in Place
Whenever the lesser fire elemental takes cold damage, it cannot shift until the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam (Fire)
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: Ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

Lesser Water Elemental
Perception 10
HP 29; Bloodied 14 Initiative +2
AC 15, Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 12
Sensitive to Cold
Whenever the lesser water elemental takes cold damage, it gains vulnerable 5against the next attack that hits it before the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).

Swordmen
Perception 12
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 18; Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
OA: Short sword
+7 vs AC; 1d6+5 damage. Effect: The watchman marks the target until the end of the watchman’s next turn
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Round2-2.jpg
    Round2-2.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: GM: Just wondering if Mikara ever made it to J26 (effect of Cut & Run). If she did, she should be in the square adjacent to the swordsman on the North side.

*edit* Thanks. Yet another mindreader!

Fyrm

First Post
Mercurial looks around the battle field at all the injuries his new friends are recieving. Sound, drink this! I got your back Orc guy!
OOC: Actions:
Minor: use Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture on Sound of Stone. Heling surge+2. lets hope this is enough to keep you alive.
Standard: Ethereal Chill centered on Owen, targeting the fire elemental.
Move: walk up 1 square (L 24)

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis yells and cheers at the display of magic demonstrated by Lenard and Yishim.

When the hobgoblin charges Makira, Artemis stops grinning. After she shoots and spins behind the goon, he growls, "Hey, she said keep the ugly away."

Artemis steps up and slices deeply into the hobgoblin, which lowers it's defenses to allow a blow from Mikara, "Always ecstatic when I get to help such a lady as yourself."

"Don't worry Sound, looks like I'm not the only one keeping an eye on you. Your clutchmates will be proud to hear of your ferocity and bravery. Excellent job Mercurial."

[sblock=actions] Move: Shift to L26
Minor: Warlock's Curse Swordsman K26.
Standard: Hammer and Anvil: 1d20+6+2, 1d8+3+1d6 → ([19, 6, 2], [5, 3, 6] Roll Lookup . I made an error placing roll in IC, so I removed the second d8 dice from the above (the 7 result). Hit for 14 damage and Mikara gets a free MBA. She gets +4 to the damage result.

Free: When the swordsman dies, Artemis will get a charge to Darkspiral Aura which he will use as an interrupt for damage whenever he is targetted for an attack. [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Atremis Harks- Male Human Hybrid: Warlord/Warlock 1
Darkspiral Aura: 0
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC: 16, For: 16, Ref: 17, Will: 16 HP: 20/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 7/7
Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Common, Primordial
AP: 1 Powers: Eldritch Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Furious Smash, Darkspiral Aura, Battlefront Shift, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word, Second Wind , Lead by Example, Sustaining Cloak [/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Owen hears the crackle of lightning behind him, smells ozone and feels the hairs on the back of his neck raise as he barely avoids the wyrmling's attack. However, even as his rush moves him to safety, it has broken the line, and allowed an enemy to slip through.

Cursing his own carelessness, Owen takes another swipe at the line of enemies, knocking aside one of the gang's attack dogs. What kind of monsters use innocent animals as weapons like that? His angry growl catches the eye of the dog's handler, even as Owen steps back to take his place in line.

Finding himself behind the foe that snuck past him, as it stares down one of the constructs from the inn, Owen plunges his sword brutally through the creature's form, scattering sparks everywhere and nearly dissipating the creature in one blow.

OOC: Standard: Threatening Rush vs. Vicious Dog @ O21
(Attack 1d20+8=20 vs. AC) Hit.
Vicious Dog: 021 is knocked unconscious (non-lethal)
Hobgoblin Toadie: N22 is marked.
(Not sure if I can chose to forgo the mark on Fire Elemental O23. If so, I will.)
Move: Shift to N23
AP: Flanking Assault vs. Fire Elemental @ O23
(Attack 1d20+8=14 vs. AC) Hit.
Fire Elemental: O23 takes 22 damage, 5/27

[sblock=mini stat block]Owen Skarlson- Male Half-Orc Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:16, Fort:16, Reflex:13, Will:12 -- Speed:6 (+2 when charging)
HP:12+5/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:11/11
Initiative +6
Action Points: 0

Conditions

Powers
Combat Agility, Reaping Strike, Threatening Rush
Furious Assault, [-]Half-Orc Resilience[/-], Second Wind, Spinning Sweep
[-]Flanking Assault[/-]
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Always ecstatic when I get to help such a lady as yourself."
"Always a sweetie." Mikara grits through her teeth as she attempts to knock the swordsman silly with the end of her bow.

Unfortunately, the swordsman swoons from his grievous wounds at just the wrong time, and the jab goes wide.

"Hold still sunshine, I'm trying to end the pain more quickly"

[sblock=Actions]MBA: (Unarmed Attack / Improvised Weapon
Target: The adjacent swordsman
Attack: 1d20+5+2(Hammer & Anvil)=8 vs. AC Miss @#&$!

Rolled 2 1s in a row! :mad:

My apologies FourMonos, but on the bright side, he's only got 2 hp left![/sblock][sblock=LogicsFate or Cabana]Can Queen or Gil (preferably Gil) take this guy out. He's only got 2 hp left. [/sblock]

Remove ads