Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
You step in the street. The citizens of Daunton have cleared out of the immediate vicinity in a hurry.

You see the hobgoblin violently strike the innkeeper with an open handed slap that will probably ring in his ears for days.

-''This is isn’t an option. This isn’t a discussion. You are in my territory and you owe me.''

-''Fu... you...'' spits the innkeeper

This cause laughter amongst the Hobgoblin’s gang. They are closer in number to company and no matter how confident you might (or not!) be, it’s hard not to wonder if there might not be too many to intervene.
The Hobgoblin Grabs hold

-''You think I want to waste my time with you? I got a war to wage with what’s left of Rinch’s gang before that ghoul inevitably resurrects. So if you cause me too much grief on my collection run, I will burn your bloody inn to the ground with you inside as an example to the others. This is my neighbourhood. Everybody pays protection, understand?'' he snarls.

OOC:
Welcome to 'Protection' a really, REALLY short adventure. Just giving an opportunity to test run a lot of these PCs and giving some time to prospective DM to design something more full fledged.

Present yourself a bit in that first post. Lots of action in the Hanged Man thread; I noticed some good exchange but by and large I am not up to speed on who is who.

Link me to your wiki or better yet, upload a Character Builder file. I am going to take a quick peek to make sure everyone is approved and legal.

hafrogman

Adventurer
A young half-orc steps out from the Hanged Man's doorway. In his hands he holds a greatsword, still in its sheath, for now. He eyes the numbers of gang members lining the street, and weighs his options carefully. For now, courage will be tempered with restraint.

He steps forward and looks between the leader and the bartender.

"I don't know your business here, but this man's business is serving drinks. There's a lot of thirsty people in there. I think it's time for him to come back inside."

OOC: Owen Skarlson
Level 1 Half-Orc Fighter
0/2 approvals

Attachments

• Owen.dnd4e
    91.4 KB · Views: 185

kristoaster

First Post
"Leave him be," Dante said darkly, adding to the the threats of the others. He quickly tried to assess his opponents.

OOC: Dante
Githzerai Avenger/Swordmage
Unapproved

Attachments

• Dante - Githzerai Avenger-Swordmage.dnd4e
    114.1 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara's eyes shoot up, and she starts counting on her fingers... In - ev - it - ab -ly.... Wow! Five syllables! Impressive! [sblock=Mikara Li Messadh]Here's the link to Mikara's Wiki page.

She's approved except for a retraining into the Hunter Fighting Style. I'm expecting some XP from Love Bites, but I'm not going to wait for it (it's been several months now).

Mikara is Level 4, so she's a bit high for the company.

Here's the breakdown of the Hanged Man occupants:

Mikara Li Messadh (Elf, Ranger, Level 4, Striker) H.M.Gimlord
Gil (Human, Wizard/Artificer/Assasin, Level 2, Controller/Leader) Cabana
Owen (Half-Orc, Fighter, Level 1, Defender) Halfrogman
Queen (Warforged (Swarm), Druid, Level 1, Controller) Logicsfate
Dante (Githzerai, Sword Mage/Avenger, Level 1, Striker/Defender) kristoaster
Sound of Stone (Tri-Kreen, Monk, Level 1, Striker) Rb70nm
Mercurial (Changeling, Artificer, Level 1, Leader) Fyrm
Lenard (Human, Mage, Level 1, Controller) Dekana
Halcyon (Warforged, Paladin, Level 1, Defender) Antithetist
Prime (Warforged, Warrior?, Level 1, Defender) Someone
Artemis (Human, Warlord/Warlock, Level 1, Leader/Striker) FourMonos
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
As Lenard walks out of the tavern, he reaches into his shirt pocket, withdraws a set of spectacles, and calmly puts them on. He nods at Owen and then addresses the hobgoblin leader.

"However the master has broken your 'deal', violence is out of the question. Release him at once - before this escalates any further."

[sblock=Lenard stat block]PC:Lenard (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Human Mage 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/7
Initiative +0
Action Points: 1

Conditions

Powers
Arc Lightning, Beguiling Strands, Hypnotism, Light, Magic Missile, Prestidigitation
Conduit of Ice, Second Wind, Suggestion
Flaming Sphere

[sblock=spellbook]
Conduit of Ice, Illusory Obstacles
Flaming Sphere, Sleep[/sblock][/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
There is a heavy clank and the ringing note of steel sliding on steel as Halcyon steps out purposefully into the street and unsheathes his greatsword. "Really?" he asks flatly. "You think you can extort money from this inn?" He gives a snort of what might be amusement. "It's not just your time that you're wasting here, fools."

[sblock=OOC]Halcyon on the wiki. CB file also included. He's not approved yet, hope that's not a problem.

Thanks for running this Mal![/sblock]

Attachments

• Halcyon.dnd4e
    105.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis busts out of the tavern and steps to the front, "Hey ugly!"

When all the hobgoblins look at him, he grins, "Yeah, I knew that would confuse you. I'm talking to the big one."

"That is our tavern proprietor to abuse with our general inexperience, frequent vomiting, bad jokes, sexual innuendo and bar fights! You put him down!"

[sblock=character sheet] View attachment artemis hark.dnd4e
Wiki page: Artemis Harks - L4W Wiki approved for lvl 1 [/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
The young scholar steps out of The Hanged Man, tucking his notebook away, readying himself for action. Oh... the number of Hobgoblins surprises Gil, and he takes a look back at the door to the Inn.

Shaking his head, he glances back at Artemis, Gotta get a good grade here, no one else looks all that nervous... After a short bout of rationalization, Gil cements his resolve to participate in the near imminent brawl.

He slowly reaches into his robe, grasping the familiar orb he bought with scholarship funds years ago. Drawing the comforting tool, Gil quietly slips to the side, not wanting to make the first move.

OOC:
Level 2 Human Hybrid Wizard|Artificer multiclass Assassin

Thanks for giving everyone something to do Mal, very nice of you!

Attachments

• dante gilgamesh.dnd4e
    145.3 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases