Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Would it be possible for Sound of Stone to push/slide the swordsman to somewhere not adjacent to Lenard instead? I'd like to send the flaming sphere after the archers on the roof, but Lenard will take an OA for attacking with it.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Owen steps forward as Sound of Stone's leap pushes the swordsman into his path. He lashes out with a pair of blows, failing to connect solidly, but leaving a shallow scratch alone the swordsman's chest.

OOC: Move: Walk to O24
Standard: Reaping Strike vs. Swordsman @P25 1d20+8=16 Miss.
Swordsman @P25 takes 4 damage and is marked.

[sblock=mini stat block]Owen Skarlson- Male Half-Orc Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:16, Fort:16, Reflex:13, Will:12 -- Speed:6 (+2 when charging)
HP:7/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/11
Initiative +6
Action Points: 0

Conditions

Powers
Combat Agility, Reaping Strike, Threatening Rush
[-]Furious Assault[/-], [-]Half-Orc Resilience[/-], [-]Second Wind[/-], Spinning Sweep
[-]Flanking Assault[/-]
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Would it be possible for Sound of Stone to push/slide the swordsman to somewhere not adjacent to Lenard instead? I'd like to send the flaming sphere after the archers on the roof, but Lenard will take an OA for attacking with it.
OOC: P25 isn't adjacent to Lenard, So I think you're OK.

I think that Gil and I can take out the archers on the northern roof. If you want to take out archers, take out the one attacking Aedan right now. He's in a bit of trouble.

It'd be a shame though if you had to take the FS off the boss. It's the only auto damage we can do to his 22 AC. Not exactly easy to hit. Even for Mikara ;).

OOC: Mal: The difference between the map and the S&S makes it hard to tell which archer is which.

Archers are listed at I22 and K20, but the icons are at H19 and H20.

From around the corner, Mikara lines up a surprise for one of the archers on the roof, not an easy shot, but definitely possible.

Two birds on a tree.
One falls while the other looks.
He knows he is next.

The first arrow glances off the corner of the roof, but Mikara follows up with a quick, second arrow that strikes the rooftop sniper in the chest. Barely able to stand, the sniper is helpless to react as Mikara crosses the street and ducks out of sight once more.[sblock=Actions]Minor: Name closest archer as HQ.

Standard: Twin Strike
Target1: Closest archer (H20 on map)
Attack1: 1d20+11+2(CA)=18 vs. AC+5(Cover) Miss
Target2: Closest archer (H20 on map)
Attack2: 1d20+11+2(CA)=28 vs. AC+2(Cover) for 1d12+2=6 damage
HQ Damage: 1d8=8

Move: Move to A29
Stealth: 1d20+15=29

Archer takes 14 damage. 2hp left.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
The reflection of an arrowhead on the southern rooftop catches Lenard's eyes. Seeing an opportunity, he fires an unerring bolt of pure force into the hurt archer. He follows up by redirecting his roving ball of fire onto the rooftop just inches away from the man.

OOC: Warning: Any creature that starts their turn adjacent to the flaming sphere in S21 takes 1d4+5 damage, including allies.

[sblock=Lenard stat block/actions][sblock=actions]Standard: Magic Missile vs Archer T21 on the map. 7 damage. (no roll)

Move: Redirect Flaming Sphere to S21.

Minor: Sustain Flaming Sphere.[/sblock]PC:Lenard (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Human Mage 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:13/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/7
Initiative +0
Action Points: 0

Conditions
Bloodied

Powers
Arc Lightning, Beguiling Strands, Hypnotism, Light, Magic Missile, Prestidigitation
Conduit of Ice, Second Wind, Suggestion
Flaming Sphere

[sblock=spellbook]
Conduit of Ice, Illusory Obstacles
Flaming Sphere, Sleep[/sblock][/sblock]

OOC: Thanks H.M.! Not sure how I missed that...
I think I will take out the southernmost archer. With everyone being so low on hp, I'd rather have just 1 big enemy.
Archer at T21 will be knocked out on the start of his next turn.

DM: It's a little hard to tell if I have line of effect for this, being that the archer is up a few squares vertically. If these attacks aren't possible, assume I do the same thing to the big boss, just moving the sphere to P19 instead.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: DM: It's a little hard to tell if I have line of effect for this, being that the archer is up a few squares vertically. If these attacks aren't possible, assume I do the same thing to the big boss, just moving the sphere to P19 instead.
OOC: Yeah. That's a rough call. In Pythagorean terms, you're only able to see things right on the edge of the building, but Mal might give you a little leeway at guessing the archer's position based on the noise that he and Aedan are making (maybe...please?:angel:).

Antithetist

First Post
Halcyon stays doggedly on the boss's heels as he tries to get distance. "You are no warrior," he intones, launching a powerful swipe of his sword that the hobgoblin barely manages to deflect. "You are a petty thug, and your defeat is certain. Savour each breath; these are the final moments of your wasted life."

[sblock=OOC] Move: Shift to P21

Minor: Ardent Vow on boss. +8 damage on next attack this turn, boss is subject to Divine Sanction TENT whenever Halcyon attacks him until the end of the encounter.

Standard: Blazing Brand on boss: 1d20+7=13 = miss vs Fort, power is reliable so not expended. Boss is subject to Halcyon's Sanction; he takes -2 to attacks that do not include Halcyon, and suffers 5 radiant damage once per round when making such an attack.[/sblock]

OOC: Sorry for overwriting your mark kristoaster, but I figure it's worth blowing my Ardent Vows for the damage. Feel free to re-mark if you can/want to, the reduced damage from your mark is definitely more valuable on this guy than the backlash from Halcyon's. Sorry if it's a real pain for you to lose Minor actions.

[sblock=Halcyon Quick Stats]Halcyon, Warforged Paladin 1
Initiative: -1, Senses: Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13

AC 18, Fort 15, Ref 11, Will 15
HP 4/29, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 10/12
Saving Throws +2 against ongoing damage, can take roll or 10 on death saves
Speed 5

Action Points 0

Powers
Warforged Resolve
Divine Pursuit
Channel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
Blazing Brand
Ardent Vow x3 x2

Daily Item Powers 1
-

Consumables
2 gp

Conditions
-[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: Fixed a few things such as archer locations and Dante HP.

Most of you don't have LOE on the archers and so can't attack them. The reason their location is known is that Aedan sees them all quite clearly plus they didn't make a stealth check anyway. But if they are 4 square high and not on the edge of the building, you don't see them.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: I played a bit with a square grid and saw that if you are 8 square away from the building, you can see the tip of the top of the square of someone standing two square in.

So Mikara could target the nearest of the two archers with superior cover (-5). First attack she rolled missed, the second hit for 14.

For the other archer, she would have needed to be 11 square away.

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=question for Mal] Mal, is the archer that Mikara shot the same one that shot at Artemis? I think it is, but I can't tell the movement. If it was, it takes Darkspiral Aura damage: 1d6 → [2] = (2) Roll Lookup . So, I didn't check the math, but according to what HMG posted, Mikara killed the archer. If so, Darkspiral Aura gains a charge, now 1. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] Nice Haiku, HMG [/sblock]

Remove ads