Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

rb780nm

First Post
Looking at the corpses, Sound of Stone twitches his antennae in disgust. "This flesh all rotten. These preythings do not look after themselves like the prey things of my home. But we can still make use of them, as warnings to others who would disturb the peace of our oasis here."

He grabs his rope and wraps a length around Sinruth's neck. The other end he quickly lobs over the tavern's shingle. With a quick yank, the tavern has a new, three-dimensional sign.

"Now we call this the Hanged Hob, and friend Sam will be safe from his kind."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: DC to climb was 16.

Congrat on your victory.

The Hobgoblin stares incredulously at the arrow sticking from his chair and collapses to the floor.

-''Thanks the gods!'' exclaims the bartender, as he comes out from the alley he dove in when things started to get out of hand. ''You guys will never have to pay for booze again, I tell you what!''

Citizens of Daunton gather around and cheers.

-''Oooh, you saved Bob!'' exclaims a little girl.

Really? Bob?

rb780nm

First Post
Now that Sound of Stone is up on the roof, he dashes over to Aedan and tries to see to his injuries.
OOC:
heal check (1d20+2=20)
That should do it... I know I'm playing fast and loose with time at the moment, but the fight is over and Aedan has a couple of saves left.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: XP

9 Vicious Dogs: 279xp
Gang Leader: 625xp
Wyrmling: 350XP
10 Grunts: 380XP
4 Archers: 500XP
3 Fire Elemental: 300XP
3 Water Elemental: 300XP
4 Watchmen: 500XP

I'll provide a link to DDI for each monster if required.

There were some more elementals and grunts on the map at some point but where removed when Yishim Left.

Total: 3234

Minor Quest: Save the bartender, Level 5 (encounter level) : 250XP multiplied by 3 (because you were 12, the size of 3 party!) for 750XP total.

3234+750=3984

3984 * 2 / 11 = 724XP each

Time XP: 1 month

Total:

Owen, Sound of Stone, Dante, Lenard, Halcyon, Mercurial, Artemis, Queen and Aedan get 891xp each

Gilgamesh gets 933XP

Mikara gets 974XP

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: So... do I need to wait for healing or is Dante back up? I've seen this played different ways by different DMs. What happens now?
OOC: If a healing check passes a DC 15, then the target no longer needs to save vs. death unless it is damaged further, and is considered at 0 HP. If the healing check rolls a natural 20, then the target gets to spend a healing surge. Regardless of the HP to which the target has been reduced, the target is resotred to zero, and then the healing surge value is added after that.

At any time (whether a heal check has been made or not) a PC can use a healing power (i.e.: healing word, inspiring word, curative admixture, etc...) to allow a dying character to spend a healing surge. Doing so restores the target to 0 and then adds the surge and healing effects after that.

Clear as mud?
Really? Bob?
OOC: I thought it was Sam.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Rummaging through the battle field, the defenders of Hange Man find a lot of interesting loot.

GM: Treasures

For level 1s, the target is roughly 680gp worth of treasure for about 90% of level 1 (a little less, but I wanted the option of giving level 3 items).

Owen: Bestial Hide Armor +1

Sound of Stone: Ki Spear +1

Halcyon: Amulet of resolution +1 and 140gp

Aedan: Boots of Stealth

Lenard: Robe of Avoidance +1

Dante: Agegis Blade +1 (great sword)

Queen: Fell Beast totem +1

Artemis: Ironscar rod +1

Mercurial: Warmage uniform +1

Target for Gilgamesh is roughly 800gp, again I went a but above.

Gilgamesh: Cloak of Distortion +1

Target for Mikara is roughly 1200gp

Mikara: Lucky Charm +1, Restful bedroll

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases