Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

FourMonos

First Post
Watching the gang leader stride into the group, Artemis drops back.

"Gil, is there anyway you can finish off the archer?"

"Mikara, we could really use your help on the big ugly guy!"

His eyes blaze with brilliant color again, but with no effect on the hobgoblin.

[sblock=actions] Movement: Walk to J-26.
Standard: Spiteful Glamor vs. Gang Leader (Will): 1d20+4, 1d8+4+1d6 → ([1, 4], [3, 4, 6]) Roll Lookup . Miss. Again. [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Atremis Harks- Male Human Hybrid: Warlord/Warlock 1
Darkspiral Aura: 0
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC: 16, For: 16, Ref: 17, Will: 16 HP: 4/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 6/7
Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Common, Primordial
AP: 1 Powers: Eldritch Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Furious Smash, Darkspiral Aura, Battlefront Shift, Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word, Second Wind, Lead by Example, Sustaining Cloak

[sblock=Darkspiral Aura] Anyone who targets Artemis will trigger Darkspiral aura, taking 1d6 damage immediate interrupt damage Aura currently zero. [/sblock]
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil glances up toward the roof, You mean their still up there? I thought I blew them up already... Alright, let me get in position. And with that, Gil begins skipping further from the house.

CaBaNa

First Post
After skipping back whence he came, and stopping almost adjacent to Mikara, Gil quick spins on one heel and unleashes another gout of flame.

I hear you! Shouts Gil as the ball hurtles through the air, arching over the building and exploding into a smaller blaze than his first spell. Thudding loudly as he dropped to the ground, the archer lay knocked out from the blast, smoldering clothes serving as the spring board for the rising smoke coming from the gang member.

Got him! Mikara, the boss is still conscious, I notice he hasn't surrendered as well. Think you can do something about one of those? Gil smiles as he offers the elf a new target, knowing from his first impressions, that she'd relish the chance to punish another transgressor.

[sblock=OOC]

Move D29

Standard Scorching Burst, centered on H19 (elevation 5), targets archer in I18
21 vs reflex HITS
8 fire damage archer unconscious (NOT DEAD)

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard/Artificer Multiclass Assassin

AC 16 Fort 14 Reflex 17 Will 14

HP 11/27 Surges 6/7 Surge value 6

Passive Insight 17, Passive Perception 17, Normal vision

Second Wind Used, AP total 0, Speed 6, Initiative +7, Languages Common, Draconic

At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Scorching Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand

Encounter powers; Grasping Shadows, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift

Daily powers; Caustic Rampart

[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Mikara, we could really use your help on the big ugly guy!"
Mikara, the boss is still conscious, I notice he hasn't surrendered as well. Think you can do something about one of those?
Sheesh! It's as if I haven't done anything already, and an arrow is supposed to stop this guy?

Mikara takes careful aim at the big ugly hulk's thigh, but it doesn't appear her arrow has enough speed to penetrate the hobgoblin's thick hide.[sblock=Actions]Minor:Quary the big ugly guy
Standard: Hunter's Bear Trap
Target: The big ugly guy
Attack: 1d20+11=20 vs. AC for 2d12+7=20 damage
HQ Damage: 1d8(LH)=4

Do I have CA on this guy? If not, that's a miss, and it sucks!
If Hit: Target is slowed and takes Ongoing 5 damage
[/sblock][sblock=Ministats]Mikara Li Mesadh
Passive Insight 15
Passive Perception 22
Senses Low-Light Vision

HP 3/39 Bloodied; Surges Per-Day 7; AP 0
AC 20; FORT 14; REF 18 WIL 15
Speed 7 (Wildstep)

Str 10 (+0) Dex 21 (+5) Wis 17 (+3)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 10 (+0)

Powers:
Dagger
:bmelee: +5 vs AC 1d4 damage
Longbow
:branged:+11 vs AC 1d12 + 7 damage
Nimble Strike
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+7 damage
Twin Strike
:melee: +5 vs. AC 1d4 damage per attack
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+2 damage per attack
Agile Recovery
Minor: Stand Up

Elven Accuracy
Free: Re-roll Attack
Evasive Strike
:melee:+5 vs. AC 2d4 damage
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 2d12+7 damage
Cut & Run
:melee:+5 vs. AC 1d4 damage per attack
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+7 damage per attack

Hunter's Bear Trap
:melee: +5 vs. AC 1d4 damage per attack
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+7 damage per attack

[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
That is the curse of being an educator Mikara, people always calling out for help, raising their hands "Ooo Ooo". Excitedly chirps Gil, raising his hand in mock question.

Marveling at the real display of Queens horde, Gil exclaims Way to keep their leader under pressure Queen.

With the archers taken care of, Gil begins looking for openings to flame Sinruth, finding few moments for the spell and even those put his new friends at risk, Gil begins considering his audible armor instead...

Hold the line! proclaims Gil as he begins advancing to close the gaps.

OOC: pun intended

hafrogman

Adventurer
Owen curses as his javelin goes wide, but there is no more time to deal with the archer on the roof. The hobgoblin boss has broken through the line, shattered it, really. Too many vulnerable allies stand in his path.

Gathering his last reserves around him, Owen retakes his sword and lunges forward, attempting to sweep Sinruth's legs out from under him, anything to slow his advance. In a display of martial prowess that is far more luck than skill, Owen's blade finds its mark on the distracted hobgoblin, cutting deep, and dropping him to the ground.

OOC: Sorry about missing the last round, the holiday weekend was unexpectedly crowded and busy. Thanks for NPC'ing me.

Minor: Rehold sword in both hands
Move: Walk to N24
Standard: Spinning Sweep vs. Sinruth
Crit! Sinruth takes 14 damage, is knocked prone and marked.

[sblock=mini stat block]Owen Skarlson- Male Half-Orc Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:16, Fort:16, Reflex:13, Will:12 -- Speed:6 (+2 when charging)
HP:7/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/11
Initiative +6
Action Points: 0

Conditions

Powers
Combat Agility, Reaping Strike, Threatening Rush
[-]Furious Assault[/-], [-]Half-Orc Resilience[/-], [-]Second Wind[/-], [-]Spinning Sweep[/-]
[-]Flanking Assault[/-]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC:

Yes, but it still does something, and you should probably say what that is.
OOC: Sorry. Too flabbergasted at the time. I was trying to decide between HBT and Evasive Strike (which would have given Mik the opportunity to hide before the shot). Chose the wrong one, and got mad.

The Hobgoblin is still slowed and takes half damage. That would be 10 damage I guess since the HQ damage only applies if the attack hits.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases