Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

LogicsFate

First Post
OOC: God, I feel useless.
Here comes another attack.
Oh, It did nothing.

Queen forms blurs again and in an impressive show, the construct once again flashes out with a spike of lightning causing nothing but collateral damage and then starts to fail to climb.
(Once again proving something)

OOC: Storm spike against Boss (1d20+4=11,1d8+4=8)
Queen climb 2 (1d20=3)
Does the secondary damage only happen on a hit?

Minor- Un-wildshape shift to L20
Attack- attempt to storm spike
Move- attempt to climb

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=question for Mal] Mal, is the archer that Mikara shot the same one that shot at Artemis? I think it is, but I can't tell the movement. If it was, it takes Darkspiral Aura damage: 1d6 → [2] = (2) Roll Lookup . So, I didn't check the math, but according to what HMG posted, Mikara killed the archer. If so, Darkspiral Aura gains a charge, now 1. [/sblock]

GM: She shot H20 (obviously enough; that's the only one she sees) who had 23 hp at the start of this turn. It's down to 9.

I did not specify which of these two shot at you; I bundled the two together as the 'north archers' but it has to be H19 (who used to be the one on the edge of the eastern side the previous turn) as you can see from the previous turn (the one who had 16hp) and was standing at K22.

H19: 14 hp
H20: 9hp

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: A technical question for Mal: Funny this problem hasn't reared its ugly head yet, but if Mikara uses Twin Strike, can she roll separately such that if the first target dies, she can choose another target based on the result of the first attack? Funny that I never thought to do this until now (You'd think that after 4 levels of game-play she'd have had the chance by now :p).

Aidan Reed

First Post
OOC: Mal, if I move to T23 with a move action (avoiding the southern archer by moving from T19 through S19, R20 to R22 then to S23 and end in T23 [6 steps total]) to avoid an OA, I can use Gloaming Cut on the Archer to shift 2 squares to U22 and make a Stealth Check to become hidden, right?

Then, when the archer comes after me on his turn, I'll be able to strike back with an OA (offhand dagger), no? Do I have combat Advantage against him when I surprise him this way?

Perhaps a Bluff Check to make the archer believe that I'm trying to escape him instead of ambushing him?

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: A technical question for Mal: Funny this problem hasn't reared its ugly head yet, but if Mikara uses Twin Strike, can she roll separately such that if the first target dies, she can choose another target based on the result of the first attack? Funny that I never thought to do this until now (You'd think that after 4 levels of game-play she'd have had the chance by now :p).

GM: Target for Twin Strike is One of Two Creature. I am not aware that you have to declare both targets before rolling the first attack roll so I always assumed it was legit to roll first and see if you killed the target before deciding who to shoots next.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: Mal, if I move to T23 with a move action (avoiding the southern archer by moving from T19 through S19, R20 to R22 then to S23 and end in T23 [6 steps total]) to avoid an OA, I can use Gloaming Cut on the Archer to shift 2 squares to U22 and make a Stealth Check to become hidden, right?

Then, when the archer comes after me on his turn, I'll be able to strike back with an OA (offhand dagger), no? Do I have combat Advantage against him when I surprise him this way?

Perhaps a Bluff Check to make the archer believe that I'm trying to escape him instead of ambushing him?

GM: That sounds good (and very clever). Yes, if he provokes an OA while you have CA, you get to sneak attack.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Sound of Stone]You can't slide the Swordman to O24 with your flurry of blow damage; the target must be slid to an adjacent square. You are only dispensed from that restriction if the target of the flurry of blow wasn't the target of the triggering attack.

Given that restriction, the only logical square to slide the target is P25[/sblock]

[sblock=Lenard]Lenard is far too close to the building to see any archer not on the edge of the building. Target was the boss.[/sblock]

GM:
Dante, Mercurial, Artemis Hark, Gilgamesh and Aedan are up.

[sblock=S&S]
Big Boss: 133/185 marked (Halcyon)
Swordman Q25: 9/40
Archer H19: 14/32 cursed (Art.)
Archer H20: 9/32
Archer South: 12/32

Aedan: 5/27 AP spent
Artemis Hark: 3/24 -1H
Dante: 9/27 +2 def SW&AP used
Gilgamesh: 22/26 -1H +2 defenses TENT, SW spent
Halcyon: 4 /29 AP&SW spent
Lenard: 13/28 Ap spent
Mercurial: 12/24 -2H, AP&SW spent
Mikara: 3/39, AP spent, Hidden
Owen: 7/28 AP&SW spent, +2 def
Queen: 20/30 WS
Sound of Stone: 5/24 AP&SW spent

Gang Leader (Sinruth, Hobgoblin)
Perception 13
HP 185; Bloodied 92
AC 22 (24 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 16, Reflex 16, Will 12
OA: Chain Trip (standard; requires spiked chain, at-will) Weapon
reach 2; +6 vs Reflex; 1d6+4 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Phalanx Soldier
Sinruth gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Wyrmling
Perception 14
HP 96; Bloodied 48
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 17, Will 16
Resist 5 lightning
OA: Claw (standard, at-will)
+10 vs AC; 1d4+5 damage.

Hobgoblin toadies
Perception 11
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 17 (19 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs AC; 5 damage.
Phalanx Soldier:
The hobgoblin grunt gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Archers
Perception 21
HP 32; Bloodied 16
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Short Sword (if drawn)
+5 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.

Lesser Fire ElementalHP 27; Bloodied 13 Initiative +6
Perception 11
AC 14, Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 13
Frozen in Place
Whenever the lesser fire elemental takes cold damage, it cannot shift until the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam (Fire)
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: Ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

Lesser Water Elemental
Perception 10
HP 29; Bloodied 14 Initiative +2
AC 15, Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 12
Sensitive to Cold
Whenever the lesser water elemental takes cold damage, it gains vulnerable 5against the next attack that hits it before the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).

Swordmen
Perception 12
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 18; Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
OA: Short sword
+7 vs AC; 1d6+5 damage. Effect: The watchman marks the target until the end of the watchman’s next turn
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Round6-2.jpg
    Round6-2.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 101

Aidan Reed

First Post
Aedan gasps for breath as the arrow punctures his in the chest. His limbs feel weak and he has trouble focusing his vision. The rogue stumbles across the roof while the archer reaches for another arrow, slowly aiming it at Aedan. "I shall enjoy looting your corpse" the man barks, his voice resembling a jackall.

For a second, Aedan seems to give in to his injuries - he coughs and can't help lowering his head. "Come and get me then" Aedan rasps with a bloodied voice - the rogue's body seems to find new energy and Aedan unleashes a volley at the archer and drops himself around the corner. Aedan then presses himself against the wall - ready to respond the second the archer turns around the corner.

[sblock=Action]Move Action: Move to T23 (avoiding the southern archer by moving from T19 through S19, R20 to R22 then to S23 and end in T23 [6 steps total]) Standard Action: Gloaming Cut on the Archer at T21, then shift 2 squares to U22 and a Stealth Check to become hidden.[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Mikara are they still up on the roof? Gil asks, back-stepping toward the elf all the while.

OOC: Gil's turn coming later today. If anyone who knows IC that the archers are on the roof, feels like communicating that to Gil IC, that would be nice. In fact, could someone please tell Gil the archers are still up there?

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: @Mal - The push to O24 is from the Cranes Wings technique, then I meant to slide him to P25 with the flurry (which has range 2 from Pointed Step Feat), so it's all worked out as I intended.

I don't think I'm revealing any info that Sound of Stone wouldn't know here... I think I've got LOS to the north roof.

Sound of Stone allows his focus to leave the swordsman in front of him for a second, so he can scan the roof lines. "I see two on that roof," he points to the roof north of the main melee. "There was one more up there, I hit him with a rock a moment ago. I can't see him now, but I can hear blades clashing. The one called Aeden was up there too."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases