Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: That sounds right, I was referring to critical misses that are in some rpgs and a lot of home rules where if you roll a one you have a chance to; stab your buddy, break your weapon, trip and fall, watch your weapon explode, ect.
OOC: I've actually played with a house rule like this. It's pretty comedic, but it does waste time in a large game such as this.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Owen attempts to kill an archer with a javelin throw but misses.

Halcyon also fall bloodied to the floor after a vicious attack from the gang leader. But he is himself wounded and battered. The fight is on its last legs. The remaining archers are accurate but no heroes fall. The archer who targeted Artemis is not so lucky as a coil of darkness wraps around his neck and leech his life away.

[sblock=Actions]
Owen
Move: TPL
Minor: Draw Javelin (hold the greatsword in Offhand)
Standard:Javelin vs Archer North (Cover) AC (1d20+6-2=13, 1d6+4=7) miss

Start of bad guys turn
Flaming Sphere (1d4+5=7, 1d4+5=6, 1d4+5=6, 1d4+5=6, 1d4+5=8, 1d4+5=6, 1d4+5=9, 1d4+5=9, 1d4+5=8, 1d4+5=7, 1d4+5=9)

Errr... Let's just use the the first roll.

Boss:
Standard
Chain Trip vs Halcyon ref (1d20+6=20, 1d6+4=10) hit
Move: TPL
Move:TPL
AP: Chain Yank vs Lenard
vs Lenard AC (1d20+8=13, 1d10+4+1d6=16) miss... That Lenard is a lucky SOB!

Archers
Moves: TPL
1:Gilgamesh 2:Artemis (1d20+7=16, 1d10+4=11, 1d20+7=25, 1d10+4=5) hit both

Huh, when I targeted Artemis I had in mind he was down to 3 hp. Turns out this attack doesn't lay him down. On the other hand, the Archer dies tragically from the dark curse. I was kind of having him take a one for the team with this attack. ;)
[/sblock]

[sblock=S&S]
Big Boss: 72/185 2/2 AP spent, Cursed (Art.). marked (Hal.)
Archer North: 8/32 cursed (Art.)

Aedan: 0/27 AP spent (dying)
Artemis Hark: 4/24 -1H
Dante: -4/27 +2 def SW&AP used, stabilized
Gilgamesh: 11/26 -1H +2 defenses TENT, SW spent
Halcyon: -6 /29 AP&SW spent, dying
Lenard: 9/28 Ap spent, +1 AC
Mercurial: 12/24 -2H, AP&SW spent
Mikara: 3/39, AP spent, Hidden
Owen: 7/28 AP&SW spent, +2 def
Queen: 20/30 WS +2 defenses (fog of ins.)
Sound of Stone: 5/24 AP&SW spent

Gang Leader (Sinruth, Hobgoblin)
Perception 13
HP 185; Bloodied 92
AC 22 (24 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 16, Reflex 16, Will 12
OA: Chain Trip (standard; requires spiked chain, at-will) Weapon
reach 2; +6 vs Reflex; 1d6+4 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Phalanx Soldier
Sinruth gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Archers
Perception 21
HP 32; Bloodied 16
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Short Sword (if drawn)
+5 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Round8-1.jpg
    Round8-1.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 128

rb780nm

First Post

Fyrm

First Post
A strange glow emanates from Mercurial. He then tosses his dagger at the hobgoblin {reserved for analyses of results} Mercurial then moves around the thug, giving him a wide amount of room, so as not to be punished by that wicked chain, and changes into a Bullywug /OOC A frogman, for those of you that don't know.

OOC: Actions:
Standard: magic weapon on BBEG. If hit, then Artemis gains a plus 1 to hit, and a plus 2 to damage.
Move: move to L22 without provoking an AoO.
Minor: changeling disguise

[sblock=mini-stats]
Mercurial- Changeling Artificer
Status: Bloodied Initiative:+0 Passive Perception:17Passive Insight:12
AC:17 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:14 HP:12/24 Bloodied:12 Surge Value:6 Surges:6/7 Speed:6 Action Points:0
Powers Used: Second Wind,Healing Infusion, Healing Infusion, Obedient Servant
Powers Unused: Changeling Trick, Shielding Cube
[/sblock]

OOC: Sorry about the two attack rolls. I realized that I had forgot to add the tittle after I hit the save and add more, so I tried to remove it and redo it with a tittle. Apparently, it did not work. I'll leave which one is the one to use up to Mal, and write my RP accordingly.

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
OOC: Queen moved to N21 last turn, would I have gotten a Grasping Claws OA against the boss man? It might have slowed him and or changed his target preference.

Dekana

Explorer
Lenard ducks just in the nick of time to avoid getting his neck crushed by the hobgoblin's chain. Since the warforged has already joined the fallen, it seems that a more defensive approach would be in order. Lenard crosses his arms in front of him in a defensive posture and refocuses his thoughts. While the mage is readying himself for melee combat, the deadly ball of fire sails closer toward the gang leader from behind.

OOC: Warning: Any creature that starts their turn adjacent to the flaming sphere in N22 takes 1d4+5 damage, including allies.

...Go mage tank, go!

[sblock=Lenard stat block/actions][sblock=actions]Standard: Second Wind. Lenard is now at 15/28 hp, and he has +2 defenses TSNT.

Move: Move Flaming Sphere to N22.

Minor: Sustain Flaming Sphere.[/sblock]PC:Lenard (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Human Mage 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:15+2, Fort:12+2, Reflex:16+2, Will:15+2 -- Speed:6
HP:15/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/7
Initiative +0
Action Points: 0

Conditions

Powers
Arc Lightning, Beguiling Strands, Hypnotism, Light, Magic Missile, Prestidigitation
Conduit of Ice, Second Wind, Suggestion
Flaming Sphere

[sblock=spellbook]
Conduit of Ice, Illusory Obstacles
Flaming Sphere, Sleep[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: Queen moved to N21 last turn, would I have gotten a Grasping Claws OA against the boss man? It might have slowed him and or changed his target preference.

GM: Sorry about that, but it changes nothing. With Halcyon down, he didn't have to go through a threatened square.

And considering the amount of damage that Flaming Sphere has done, there is absoluetely no one he wants to attack beside Lenard.

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: In Lenard's defense, the flaming sphere has only done 31 damage to the boss by my count. Still, Lenard's not exactly being subtle in his attacks, hehe.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases