Cancellation of Heroscape

Oryan77

Adventurer
I haven't seen this mentioned and thought it might be worth passing along.

My distributor just emailed me this bit of news:

After a thorough evaluation, we have made the decision to discontinue our Heroscape line in order to focus our efforts on our core brands. While this decision means that we will no longer be developing new content for the game, existing Heroscape products will still remain available from Wizards of the Coast and sold in the hobby game channel while supplies last.

The next and final Heroscape expansion, Moltenclaw’s Invasion, will be released on November 16, 2010. This final assortment, which is playable with the Heroscape D&D Master Set, will include the best and most iconic creatures from the worlds of Dungeons & Dragons. Orcs, bugbears, dragons and frost giants will all come together to join the greatest battle of all time.

Dausuul

Legend
Well, it was a nice opportunity to grab "reprints" of older figures while it lasted. I'll be keeping an eye out for the final expansion.

SquareKnot

Explorer
This is surprising. I really thought that they'd cancel DDM and move everything into Heroscape. That seemed to be the direction with the latest D&D Heroscape sets.

I wonder what impact this will have on DDM? I don't remember if they've announced anything after Lords of Madness or not.

Oryan77

Adventurer
Well, it was a nice opportunity to grab "reprints" of older figures while it lasted. I'll be keeping an eye out for the final expansion.

I had wanted to get a fire, air, & water elemental that they created as clear plastic and re-base them on the proper DDM bases of the same name. I never invested in Heroscape though. I hope the prices don't start to skyrocket. I may have to be proactive now and get those figures. :eek:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases