HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group:

Walking Dad - human Cleric of Obad-Hai
jkason - human Rouge
rb780nm - human Fighter
Gondsman - half-orc Barbarian
jackslate45 - gnome Sorcerer

This is the start of your adventure and this first post will be the links post. It will contain links to most of the posts that will help with moving the adventure along, but most importantly it will have a list of your adventure goals within it. Like so...

[sblock=Adventure Goals]

#1: Explore the Whispering Cairn - reward reach level 2 [/sblock]
[sblock=Loot Tracking]
Group Loot:
dead adventurer 2 days rations, waterskin(empty), dagger
workman's closet wand of unseen servant(sold), wand of shatter (7charges) with the auran word "Hevizz" as command word, magical goggles of minute seeing, magical chainmail armor +1(sold)
minituare statuettes 3 tiny building replicas (200gp each)(sold)
notes on selling above items

Hive Room potions(3) (unknown), pearl (unknown), ring (unknown)[/sblock]
[sblock=Notes]
Wind Duke Glyphs[/sblock]

LINKS:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/talkin...ure-path-bronzewood-lodge-group-full-ooc.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-gallery/295614-age-worms-character-spot.html

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Last minute council...

The small cabin seems crowded now that everyone has finally arrived. The structure only has two rooms, the main one in which everyone is now in seated around a large wooded table. And a smaller one that has pallets and hammocks hung in it for those who wish to sleep away from the conversations of others.

The second room is empty as everyone is eager to discuss the upcoming quest in the morning.

Dorian Greenleaf was chosen by Nogwier himself, to find the so called "cave of voices" that portents a great evil coming soon to the lands. He was told it was because he new more of the "city folk" and somehow they could be of help. Dorian took the asignment for just that reason and hoped to prove that the people of Diamond Lake are just as vaulable to the area as those of the Bronzewood Lodge. So he enlisted the aid of...

Adalwulf of Blackford was new in town and his reasons to coming to Diamond Lake are his own, but some say he is always around the church of St. Cuthbert or can be found following the head priest as he moves about giving sermons. Dorian had befried the man after a long talk on religion and politics but Adalwulf not being from the area didn't know much about a this cave but he set out to investigate for his new friend Dorian. His inquires led him to a man from the area by the name of...

Karolus Hankel whose family had lived in Diamond Lake some say since it's founding. Karolus knew of only one place that was a "cave of voices" and he would show the Inquisitor only if he could tag along incase there was something valuable in the old place.

Meanwhile Dorian was approached by Karissa a half-orc wizard looking to join the Bronzewood Lodge. She had learned of his connection and figured the man would be her best bet to getting accepted since he too was of both worlds. Dorian not knowing that Karolus had worked his way into coming decided a few more eyes and ears would be prudent so he said that if she wanted to help she should try and bring one more person along (Dorin thinking then that that would make four at least). Karissa being originally from the area knew a few people down on their luck but none so much as...

Tac Arbor was recently out of work as all the mines in the area were slowly being bought out by Balabar Smenk. And Tac would not work for the man after the dangerous collaspe that Tac was sure was through some fault of Balabars. Of the six mine managers still in operation there was only to he could work for, and when things were running good there was no need of Tac's services. So he spent time wasting time and wondering what he should do next. When Karissa found him he was all to eager to come see what all the fuss was about.

Gathered now and set on exploring the tomb in the morning the group gathers together to share what they know about a place the locals call "The Whispering Carin".

IC is all yours.

_

Walking Dad

First Post
Dorian Greenleaf

"So, any preference who want to go in first? I hope nobody of you is afraid of the dark." Dorian says, looking at crude map Hankel provided. He is fully prepared for danger, wearing the metal armor so unusual for members of the lodge, his holy symbol of Obad-Hai proudly placed around his neck on a fine silver chain.

[sblock=OOC]

Dorian Greenleaf

HP: 13/13

Ini: +8 - AC: 17
CMB:+3 - CMD: 15
Fort: +4 - Will: +4 - Reflex: +6

Cleric Spells Prepared: DC = 10 + spell level + 2 [WIS]
Cantrips:
0 (3): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 (2+1): Bless, Shield of Faith - Enlarge Person[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lughart

First Post
"I never understood this dependency on light." the half orc mumbles in a hoarse voice. "Darkness never scared me. It offers opportunities daylight just doesn't. I'll go first, gives me a chance to see the place before the light smudges away the details. If noone objects, of course"

[sblock=OOC]After desciphering HM's post I don't think we are at the Cairn just yet. BTW, whose cabin are we in?[/sblock][sblock=Karissa]HP: 8/8

Init: +2 - AC: 12
CMB:+2 - CMD: 14
Fort: +1 - Reflex: +2 - Will: +2

Wizard Spells Prepared: DC = 10 + spell level + 5 [WIS]
Cantrips:
0 (3): Detect Magic, Read Magic, Disrupt Undead
1 (3+1): Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Magic Weapon - Hydraulic Push[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Dorian Greenleaf

"No objection at all. But you shouldn't move to much without us. Maybe you will need help. And we poor, night-blind humans need light to see." Dorian answers, glad to have her for this mission.

[sblock=OOC]

Any appropriate knowledge checks I can roll?
Not much to work with, but nature, religion and common (base Int check, max DC 10)

Dorian Greenleaf

HP: 13/13

Ini: +8 - AC: 17
CMB:+3 - CMD: 15
Fort: +4 - Will: +4 - Reflex: +6

Cleric Spells Prepared: DC = 10 + spell level + 2 [WIS]
Cantrips:
0 (3): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 (2+1): Bless, Shield of Faith - Enlarge Person[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Yeah sorry for the long post you should see the other groups, :p. But wanted to get you all in. And the cabin is everyones it is your new HQ enjoy. And it is the night before you all decide to go figured a little RP planning session would be different. [/sblock]

[sblock=KnowLocal DC10] What has come to be known as The Whispering Cairn was discoveried about ten years ago by local teen-agers. It was kept secert as the local youth would dare each other to disappear into the cyclopean entrance to prove their bravery. Occasionally when the wind is just right, haunting, almost magical tones emerge from the forlorn tomb, like whispers of the dead. [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

"I don't have darkvision, but I'm good at spotting trouble spots in a structure," Tac offers. "So good I've been putting myself out of work, which ... is not relevant." the young man blushes slightly at bringing up his personal business. "In any case, I might be best qualified to spot structural hazards. Last thing we want is a cave-in, right?"

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: Local Knowledge (1d20=17) luckily I know what I';m described as knowing ;)

Karolus tells you about the Whispering Cairn, and how as a youth he ventured the requisite 10 steps into the darkness to prove his manhood. "I was so addled with adrenaline that I have no idea what it looked like in there. I always meant to go back and try to go further, but, you know, life got in the way. I hadn't thought about the Cairn for years before Dorian came to me."

Last edited:

Lughart

First Post
"Unfortunately I lived in Greyhawk at that age. I probably would have walked fifteen steps just to one-up you, had I had the chance." Karissa chuckles. "Or cause that cave-in. Perhaps I should be careful with the scouting after all, I don't want to rob Tac of something to do."

Padreigh

First Post
"So we do not know anyone who ever explored the cave, is that correct?", Adalwulf says.

"It would make sense then to leave point to those who can see in darkness and those who can spot ... structural hazards. But it would also be wise to stay close enough to those of us who are armoured, so that we can move in quickly if needed and bear the brunt of melee fighting."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases