Greyhawk Collector's Guide

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
You'll find them listed in the linked index of LG BK mods that I have compiled for my LG BK summary project (scheduled to be published in Oerth Journal along with the rest of my LG BK summary and gazetteer project). Please feel free to add them to your incredible index.
Thanks for that link -- I've checked all the BDK adventures against that great list and added a whole bunch of the special adventures that I didn't already have. (I also updated the naming convention to match yours, since it makes more sense.)

Question: Was there a BDK6s-01?

aurdraco

Explorer
Thanks for that link -- I've checked all the BDK adventures against that great list and added a whole bunch of the special adventures that I didn't already have. (I also updated the naming convention to match yours, since it makes more sense.)

Question: Was there a BDK6s-01?

Glad I could help!

BDK6s-01 Mother of my child

After I catch up on some homework this week, I'll go through my LG archives and find the rest of the special mission names. Most aren't really worth mentioning as they were run for 1 table of PCs ever and were very limited in scope (which is why I didn't bother to add them to my LG BK summary index). Still, for the sake of completeness, I'll dig that stuff up.

Casey

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
In other words: The DA modules are specifically Dave Areneson's Blackmoor (Pre-Mystara), and (in my opinion) shouldn't be considered part of Greyhawk because of some threadbare connection.
Not a threadbare connection. If the Known World can retcon DA Blackmoor into its history, so can Greyhawk. And it did in the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer.

The LGG entry for Blackmoor is filled with references to the Egg of Coot, The City of the Gods, dungeons below Castle Blackmoor. All topics only found in the DA series.

Same as X1 Isle of Dread being retconned into Greyhawk.

jasonzavoda

First Post
Incredible list. It would have driven me to distraction a few years ago trying to get all this material, and I am astounded at the amount of material I either missed or misnumbered in my index list. Something I will have to correct with the material I still have at hand.

Looking over your Dragon mag references I do not see issues #9, 19, 43, 82, 164, 178 (which I believe is just a casual mention of a pair of Bigby spells), 189, 205, 209, 212 or 236 listed in which I have found some Greyhawk rerences and possibly issues #258, 268-271, 274, 276, 278, 280, 281, 284 but I do not have those issues, 258 and later, handy to double check the references.

An amazing bit of research here.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Thanks! Gary Holian told me that you were an Emerson alumnus during a Thursday night #greytalk when he found out that I had been accepted to Emerson last summer. In my book, you're right up there with Denis Leary and Jay Leno! (ok, so maybe not quite that high, hehe)

Maybe not as high as Leary but Leno has sunk pretty low, according to Coco fans. ;)

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Incredible list.
Many thanks for the positive feedback -- it is appreciated :D.

Looking over your Dragon mag references I do not see issues #9, 19, 43, 82, 164, 178 (which I believe is just a casual mention of a pair of Bigby spells), 189, 205, 209, 212 or 236 listed in which I have found some Greyhawk rerences and possibly issues #258, 268-271, 274, 276, 278, 280, 281, 284 but I do not have those issues, 258 and later, handy to double check the references.
I've now added the missing material from issues 19, 43, 82, 164, 178, 189, 205, 209, 236, 258, 268-271, 274, 276, 278, 280, 281 and 284. Not sure how I missed all of those in the first place :erm:. I haven't added issues 9 or 212, because try as I might, I couldn't figure out what the Greyhawk references are in those two issues. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

jasonzavoda

First Post
Many thanks for the positive feedback -- it is appreciated :D.

I've now added the missing material from issues 19, 43, 82, 164, 178, 189, 205, 209, 236, 258, 268-271, 274, 276, 278, 280, 281 and 284. Not sure how I missed all of those in the first place :erm:. I haven't added issues 9 or 212, because try as I might, I couldn't figure out what the Greyhawk references are in those two issues. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Same here, I found your list enlightening and immensely valuable. I can't believe how much early material in the Dragon which I missed and which I need to add to my index (or reference properly).

Dragon #9

Designers Forum

Varied player character and non-player character alignment in the Dungeons & Dragons campaign.
By Gary Gygax

Pg#5, 2nd Column, Paragraphs 2 & 3
Pg#6, 1st Column, Paragraph 1

Gary briefly discusses alignment in the World of Greyhawk and gives examples of alignment in the City of Greyhawk.

I will have to check on issue #212 later.

Stormonu

Legend
I just happened to be perusing some of my old D&D stuff last night, and I discovered that the modules H1 - Bloodstone Pass and H2 - Bloodstzone Wars were set in Greyhawk (It is prominantly mentioned in the player's introduction). H3/H4 retconned these adventures to take place in FR. Thought it was worth a mention.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Dragon #9
Whoops -- looks like I confused #9 and #19 when checking your list of additions. My apologies for the confusion!

The article in #9 I managed to find, but it was issue #19 where I drew a blank. The only mention of Greyhawk in that issue seems to be a reference to the number of spells per level in the original Greyhawk supplement on page 24. (But no actual Greyhawk lore.)

For #212, there is a mention of WG7: Castle Greyhawk on page p24, but that appears to be a story of one group's experience with the module, and also no new Greyhawk lore.

Might those two references be what you had in mind?

Remove ads