Greyhawk Collector's Guide

beasterbrook

First Post
A while back casy said he'd post the "special" BK games.. here is the,list he sent me..

Here are the ones that I know about:

BDK4s-01 A Stitch in Time by Patrick Brown
BDK4s-01 Strangers in the Night by Thomas Brister

Yeah, these have the same designation due to poor record keeping at that time.

BDK4s-03 The Two Gentleman of Veluna by Ken Jenks
BDK4s-04 To Save a Friend by ??
BDK5s-02 We're On a Mission from Some God? by Joe Aker
BDK5s-?? Wanna Fight? by Britt Frey and Casey Brown
BDK5s-?? Return to Mercy's Bluff by Jeff Moore
BDK6s-01 Mother of My Child by Teos Abadia and Casey Brown
Note: The above was sort of a cross-regional special mission, maybe the only of its kind in LG. Teos wrote the portions dealing with the fey realm, which may have touched on some Geoff mod stuff, and I incorporated it all into a BK special mission. The reason for this is because the requesting player had played a Geoff mod which had led to him requesting this special mission.
BDK6s-02 To Honor a Friend by Casey Brown
BDK6s-03 Natural Healing by Casey Brown
BDK7s-01 An Elf in Need by Casey Brown
BDK7s-02 Red Blooded Man by ??? (Probably me, but I can't find it and I forget)

BDK?s-?? A Charming Person Indeed by David "Keyoke" Polanski (I think)
BDK?s-?? The Once and Future Human by Joe Aker (I think)
BDK?s-?? Theories of Relativity by Keith Symcox (I think)
BDK?s-?? ?? by Rob Redding (this may be BDK4s-04)
BDK?s-?? Ghost by Joe Aker

Brette:)

aurdraco

Explorer
Brette, thanks for posting that, I was just about to when I saw you already had :)

Teos! What's up!

Echohawk, hope you enjoyed the book!

Casey

beasterbrook

First Post
Np, At least I know how many I'm missing now;) Just wish the rest of the regionas were as easy..

I vote for the inclusion of the specials etc in the next updaye of the book (oh and adding description of bdk1-11.. and maybe few nates like name chanes of adventures etc from the few we spoke about etc)

Alphastream

Adventurer
If you list them, I will happily add them to this Collector's Guide :D.

Cool. I'll reach out to some triad members to see if they just have a list. Otherwise, I'll go through my records.

BDK6s-01 Mother of My Child by Teos Abadia and Casey Brown
Note: The above was sort of a cross-regional special mission, maybe the only of its kind in LG. Teos wrote the portions dealing with the fey realm, which may have touched on some Geoff mod stuff, and I incorporated it all into a BK special mission. The reason for this is because the requesting player had played a Geoff mod which had led to him requesting this special mission.
I know there were both Keoland and Gran March special missions written for Geoff PCs/players, such as a Gran March special mission for Geoff players when one Gyri PC became a Shadow. I'm not sure if any of them involved both regions. My guess is that it did likely happen, though I don't know of any specifically.

With what I wrote, I wanted to provide something that would be heavily Geoff - lots of annoying high-pitch fey and then some cool fantastic things like a river where the water was filled with faces and they began to excitedly murmur... just before the impossibly tall waterfall and the PCs go over the edge. I'm thankful to Casey for the chance to write it and for my Triad being fine with it.

Teos! What's up!
Casey! It has been a long time since those days eating pizza in hotel rooms and running the iconic Jozan with a whiny voice!

Your book is now on my wish list. It has been fun to read about all your accomplishments (even if, sadly, from afar).

beasterbrook

First Post
I've finally cataloged all my collection and will send you the entire list.. needs a little bit of cleaning up and then still need a bit more searching for extra stuff.. but should be able to add about 50+ with just my stuff without looking for more.. need a break.. your right that is a lot of modules..

grodog

Hero
Hey Ant---

Some Greyhawk additions I don't remember talking about before (I scrolled through the rest of the thread, and didn't see them, but not sure if you've covered them elsewhere):

- Origins 1 tournament version of Tomb of Horrors (1975)
- Origins 2 tournament version of Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (1976)
- Origins 1984 Quest for the Golden Orb --> edit: found this one in part 2

I've also recently updated my Greyhawk Castle Sources page and it includes several articles you should consider adding to the list of periodicals articles.

I thought we had a fuller listing of CZ resources in some recent Acaeum discussions, but wasn't finding what I was thinking of. Will dig some more.

I'm not sure if you'd be interested in listing these, but there are apparently a number of True Dungeon event tokens from GenCon that are Greyhawk-related (in name at least). I don't know much about them, but we had a thread on the Acaeum @ http://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6140 and @ http://www.ebay.com/itm/True-Dungeo...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 and http://www.ebay.com/itm/True-Dungeo...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 if you're curious.

I also think it would be useful (in your copious spare time ;) ) to edit the Greyhawk wiki file to include links to the other OD&D and related files with Greyhawk content in them, so that the GH wiki entry is as comprehensive across editions as possible. For example: you could add the 1976 Wintercon Tsojconth tourney @ http://www.enworld.org/forum/showwi...Collectors-Guide#Metro-Detroit-Games-products to the OD&D list in Greyhawk. I'm not sure if you'd want to add the content or just add a pointer to the Miscellaneous file.

Relatedly, even though it would be a relatively short list, I think it would be worthwhile to include an OD&D edition prior to 1st edition, so that OD&D has it's own home other than under Misc., which is not where I would think to look for it initially.

I hope all's well in your corner of the world? :D

Last edited:

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
This is just a quick 'ack' that I've seen this, think all the suggestions are good ones, and have added them to my Collector's Guide "to do" list :)

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Hey Ant---

Some Greyhawk additions I don't remember talking about before (I scrolled through the rest of the thread, and didn't see them, but not sure if you've covered them elsewhere):

- Origins 1 tournament version of Tomb of Horrors (1975)
- Origins 2 tournament version of Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (1976)
- Origins 1984 Quest for the Golden Orb --> edit: found this one in part 2
I've added the other two the Miscellaneous convention adventures.

I've also recently updated my Greyhawk Castle Sources page and it includes several articles you should consider adding to the list of periodicals articles.
Based on that, I've made a bunch of additions to the periodicals section, including the various "Up on a Soapbox" articles from Dragon, which were also missing.

I thought we had a fuller listing of CZ resources in some recent Acaeum discussions, but wasn't finding what I was thinking of. Will dig some more.
I didn't fiddle with that section this time. If you do stumble across more details, please let me know!

I'm not sure if you'd be interested in listing these, but there are apparently a number of True Dungeon event tokens from GenCon that are Greyhawk-related (in name at least). I don't know much about them, but we had a thread on the Acaeum @ http://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6140 and @ http://www.ebay.com/itm/True-Dungeo...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 and http://www.ebay.com/itm/True-Dungeo...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 if you're curious.
I could only find evidence of three tokens with specific Greyhawk content, so I listed those, and a link to a True Dungeon token search engine, just in case. I also added a list of the actual True Dungeon adventures, although I'm not sure if the adventures after 2005 are specifically set in Oerth.

I also think it would be useful (in your copious spare time ;) ) to edit the Greyhawk wiki file to include links to the other OD&D and related files with Greyhawk content in them, so that the GH wiki entry is as comprehensive across editions as possible. For example: you could add the 1976 Wintercon Tsojconth tourney @ http://www.enworld.org/forum/showwi...Collectors-Guide#Metro-Detroit-Games-products to the OD&D list in Greyhawk. I'm not sure if you'd want to add the content or just add a pointer to the Miscellaneous file.
I've added Tsojconth (in the convention adventures section) and the Outdoor Geomorphs (under OD&D products) to the Greyhawk guide. I'm not sure if there's anything else I'm missing?

Relatedly, even though it would be a relatively short list, I think it would be worthwhile to include an OD&D edition prior to 1st edition, so that OD&D has it's own home other than under Misc., which is not where I would think to look for it initially.
Good plan. Done. They were originally lumped together mostly because I was planning exactly twenty Collector's Guides.
I hope all's well in your corner of the world? :D
Yes, although we do seem to have an unusually high number of snakes where I live this year, which is a little bothersome…

Thanks for all of the feedback and suggestions. They are always much appreciated!

grodog

Hero
I've added the other two the Miscellaneous convention adventures.

Based on that, I've made a bunch of additions to the periodicals section, including the various "Up on a Soapbox" articles from Dragon, which were also missing.

Wonderful, and thank you :D

I didn't fiddle with that section this time. If you do stumble across more details, please let me know!

I haven't thus far, but if/when I run across it, hopefully my mental note alert won't have expired yet....

I could only find evidence of three tokens with specific Greyhawk content, so I listed those, and a link to a True Dungeon token search engine, just in case. I also added a list of the actual True Dungeon adventures, although I'm not sure if the adventures after 2005 are specifically set in Oerth.

I know nothing about True Dungeon, so the only reason these even came to my attention was that they were listed in the Acaeum thread links I mentioned before. My assumption is that they're about as "Greyhawky" as the 3.0 adventure path was....

I've added Tsojconth (in the convention adventures section) and the Outdoor Geomorphs (under OD&D products) to the Greyhawk guide. I'm not sure if there's anything else I'm missing?

I suppose this is a philosophical question as much as anything, but I would consider listing the OD&D boxed set (or at least U&WA) since so much of the game was designed and tested in the Greyhawk campaign. Ditto for Blackmoor, of course.

Good plan. Done. They were originally lumped together mostly because I was planning exactly twenty Collector's Guides.

Muchas gracias!

Yes, although we do seem to have an unusually high number of snakes where I live this year, which is a little bothersome…

Yikes. Hopefully nice, safe kinds of snakes? ;)

Thanks for all of the feedback and suggestions. They are always much appreciated!

Happy to help :D

edit: PS: do you have the 4e DM Rewards Tamoachan and Hommlet adventures in here? I thought they were before, but don't see them @ http://www.enworld.org/forum/showwi...Collectors-Guide#D-and-D-4th-Edition-products

edit 2: PPS: the following uncollected EGG Gord short stories were published too, re: updating http://www.enworld.org/forum/showwiki.php?title=Greyhawk-Collectors-Guide#Novels-and-fiction

- EGG. "At Moonset Blackcat Comes: A Tale of Gord of Greyhawk." Dragon #100 (TSR, 1985)
- EGG. "Evening Odds." Pawn of Chaos. Clarkson, Ga: White Wolf Publishing, 1996
- EGG and K. R. Bourgoine. "The Return of Gord." Dragon #344 (Paizo Publishing, 2006)

There was also a promotional poster published in Dragon 100 for the first Gord novel, Saga of Old City (the poster is the cover art), and that was also apparently provided to retail stores too (per a recent eBay auction @ http://www.ebay.com/itm/TSR-Retail-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 I didn't win it, so I can't compare the poster to see if it was simply removed from an issue 100 Dragon magazine, but looking on Zoom at the image, I see staple holes, so there was probably only 1 issue of this poster rather than 2).

Last edited:

Remove ads