Greyhawk Collector's Guide

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
WGR7 Ivid the Undying is available for download as a gorgeous pdf here: Ivid the Undying
Good idea. I knew about that PDF but hadn't included a link to it; one has now been added :D

Also check out this w.i.p./unfinished index to Greyhawk in Periodicals. I havn't cross checked everything yet, but I bet you missed one or two at least. (Esp from section IV.)
Ooh, nice. I had the InQuest insert listed (because I happen to have a copy of that), but not the other three references from section IV. I've added those. Looking at the rest of that work, I see that it draws quite heavily from Roger Moore's index of Greyhawk references. I did go through that fairly thoroughly when compiling this guide, but found that many of his references were extremely light on Greyhawk content, so I didn't include all of them. Only those that seemed to be sufficiently "Greyhawky" made it into the guide. Of course, that was often a very subjective call, and I might have missed out some articles that deserve to be included. If you disagree with any of my omissions, let me know and I'll take another look.

That said, it looks like there are some later articles with substantial Greyhawk content that I managed to overlook. I'll compare that nifty list with the guide and fill in any gaps I find -- thanks very much for drawing it to my attention! :cool:

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I skimmed fast, but was the Living Greyhawk Deities downloadable pdf guide in that list?

Or the Living Greyhawk Campaign Sourcebook? Mostly a guide of what 3e prestige classes and feats and spells were allowable in the campaign.
Neither of those were listed. I decided (after worrying about it for a couple of days :blush:) not to list each of the individual articles that were part of the Living Greyhawk section of the WotC web site, mostly because the site is still live. Instead I included "Living Greyhawk web site" under the "Miscellaneous" heading in the Living Greyhawk Core scenarios section. However, I agree that the deities list and the campaign sourcebook are hefty enough publications to warrant individual listings, so they are now included, along with the Blight on Bright Sands Sourcebook and the Greyhawk Ruins Sourcebook. Thanks for that suggestion :D

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
PS: It seems like an oversight not to include the modules from the Age of Worms Adventure Path on this list. Despite some editorial legerdemain, they were pretty obviously set in the World of Greyhawk. Far moreso than things like "The Crystal Cave," anyhow! :)
All the Age of Worms (and Shackled City and Savage Tide) adventure installments duly added, as well as the supporting articles from Dragon. (Am I right that Shackled City didn't have any parallel Dragon articles, and that those were only introduced from Age of Worms onwards?)

Erik Mona

Adventurer
That's right. We started the AP support articles with the "Wormfood" series of player-focused articles in Dragon. The Shackled City didn't have that.

That said, I believe the Shackled City Adventure Path hardcover was a little more explicit about placing that campaign in the world of Greyhawk, making the city of Cauldron an offshoot of an old Sea Princes colony in the Amedio Jungle. It was not, alas, a perfect fit, but again it's more Greyhawk in many respects than stuff like Gargoyles or Childsplay.

The Savage Tide Adventure Path plays off of some elements from the Shackled City AP (common NPCs, noble houses, etc.), but is much more explicitly Greyhawk. I believe we even included the Scarlet Brotherhood as a joinable PC faction in that one.

--Erik

Greg V

First Post
The 3.5 hardback Drow of the Underdark had a complete write-up on the Vault of the Drow/Erelhei Cinlu, which I believe is the most current one to date (we used those Dragon articles in its writing).

grodog

Hero
While I was in the LG triads in the starting years I acquired a document of unedited excerpts called "The Lost Living Greyhawk Gazetteer", by Erik Mona, Gary Holian, and Fredrick Weining. Erik Mona himself compiled thw collection of material that didn't make the cut of the final LGG. Stuff from Chapters 3, 6, and 9. Many of the items excluded got published (and were expanded upon) through the Living Greyhawk Journals, but not everything in it saw publish in pages elsewhere that I was aware of. I don't think the document was public, maybe it was and I forgot how it was.

Eric and Erik: this sounds similar to the GenCon handout (on the back cover, it had a picture of several weapons lifted from somewhere within the A series IIRC). Is it the same thing, or different? Fred sent me a copy, before he disappeared like Carl (well, hopefully not like Carl...).

Echohawk: on the Dungeon 124 entry, you should prefix the title of Chambers of Antiquities with "Maure Castle" :D

Last edited:

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Eric and Erik: this sounds similar to the GenCon handout (on the back cover, it had a picture of several weapons lifted from somewhere within the A series IIRC). Is it the same thing, or different? Fred sent me a copy, before he disappeared like Carl (well, hopefully not like Carl...).
I wonder about that. I have a vague memory about hearing this was something in printed form for GenCon attendees of Living Greyhawk. What I have is a .doc file. There is no art either, all text.

The following is the beginning and the first paragraph. You can see that it makes the document seem "For Authorized Eyes Only" . . .

THE LOST LIVING GREYHAWK GAZETTEER
By Gary Holian, Erik Mona, and Frederick Weining
© 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

The following unedited text comes from the raw design turnover of the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. The manuscript came in several thousand words over its intended size (there was just too much to fit in!), and department mandates on full-page art (all but two of the full-pagers in the final book were originally described as half- or quarter-page illustrations) and font size put an additional squeeze on the text. As a result, two entire chapters were cut from the book, and many items of regional interest were excised, as well. This document is provided to the Living Greyhawk Triads as a favor and thanks. Triads (particularly Keoland, Furyondy, and Nyrond) should not feel bound by the below material, but are free to use as much or as little as they prefer. The rest of the information, particularly as it applies to world events and non-Triad regions, continues to form the continuity basis used to edit articles for the Living Greyhawk Journal, and as such it seemed smart to provide the campaign managers with a copy of this document.​
Then it goes for 25 pages, 9 point type.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases