Greyhawk Collector's Guide

Thanael

Explorer
Another useful index to GH products is: Greyhawk Product Checklist

Bastion of Faith is a strong canidate for the list imho, while the Guide to Hell is much more generic, although it contains details on the church of St. Cuthbert.

Last edited:

Erik Mona

Adventurer
I'm pretty sure these are two different things.

The document quoted from above was a general collection of material cut from the book (as I recall). I'd actually love to see that document, as enough time has passed that I no longer remember what was in it.

Fred Weining's Gen Con handout was a self-printed two-column document that contained perhaps four "mysterious places" that Fred had written for the book, but which were cut for space. It's possible that this material was included in the larger file sent to LG Triad members, but the latter was not laid out with art, so they are different "products".

So far as I know, the only way to get Fred's handout was to be at the LGG seminar at Gen Con in 2000, and it was never distributed electronically.

--Erik

Ripzerai

Explorer
I'm surprised the compiler missed all the Living Greyhawk web-articles published on the Wizards of the Coast website, many of which had high-quality original content not found anywhere else.

Some of them include:

Glorvardum
The Cauldron of Night
Dominions of the Flannae
The StoneRing of Greyhawk
The Isle of Lost Souls
The Lands of Robilar
The Greyhawk Grumbler #3
Directing Oligarchs of Greyhawk
Greyhawk Grumbler #2
Druids of the Old Faith
The Greyhawk Grumbler #1
Safeton
Pelgaryn
Doomgrinder
Narwell
Backlash
A Sudden Turn of Events
Ford Keep
The Griffon's Nest
Blackwall Keep
Echo Crypt
Restless Nights
Burning Embers
The Choking City
Knights of Veluna
Knights of the High Forest
Knights of Furyondy
Lost City of the Suloise
Tenser and the Fortress of Unknown Depths
Silent Ones
The Duchy of Berghof
Winter Tales
Rumors and Whispers
Scant
Highport
Summer Tales
Rumors of Whispers (another one)
Knights of the Watch (part 2
Knights of the Watch (part 1)
Mines of Father Eye
Castle Karistyne
Jungle of Lost Ships
Whispers on the Wind
The Fields of Padyr
Haven of the Sun
Glorioles
Brightlands
Realm of Dust
To Serve the Greater Good
Azharadian's Tomb and the Ship of Fools
Fading Lands
The Kingdom of Keoland

I would also mention:
Expedition to the Demonweb Pits. Basically a Planescape adventure, but it's technically a sequel to Q1 as well, and it mentions Erelhei-Cinlu. So as much of a Greyhawk adventure as Q1 was.

The Shattered Circle. A more or less generic 2nd edition adventure, it mentioned the Suloise in the module background.

And, really, the whole 3.0 adventure path (The Sunless Citadel, The Speaker in Dreams, The Forge of Fury, The Standing Stone, Deep Horizon, Heart of Nightfang Spire, Lord of the Iron Fortress, Bastion of Broken Souls) was, while it didn't mention specific Greyhawk locations, Greyhawk in the broad sense because they referenced Greyhawk deities and cosmology. There were plenty of 1e Greyhawk modules that had less Greyhawk-specific content than they did.

Speaking of which, there are a number of 1st edition adventures that were retconned into Greyhawk during the 3rd edition period, like Lost Island of Castanamir (referenced in several LGJ articles), Tomb of the Lizard King (referenced in Gary Holian's Keoland article for LGJ #1), and All That Glitters (referenced in the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer in the entry for the Sea of Dust).

And a number of other generic 3.x modules were adapted into Greyhawk as part of the Living Greyhawk campaign, including Red Hand of Doom, Fields of Ruin, Hellspike Prison, and City of Peril.

A number of Planescape products detail the realms of Greyhawk deities and reference Greyhawk characters. On Hallowed Ground would be the big one.

In other news, I'm amused there was a Mika the Wolf Nomad card for the Spellfire game. I kind of perversely want one.

Oh, and Horung the Anarch is a Forgotten Realms character (who was also mentioned in Planescape's Factol's Manifesto), not a Greyhawk one.

Other than that, great list!

Last edited:

grodog

Hero
I wonder about that. I have a vague memory about hearing this was something in printed form for GenCon attendees of Living Greyhawk. What I have is a .doc file. There is no art either, all text.

I just had 2 HDs crash, but I'll do some digging. What's the file name?

I'm pretty sure these are two different things.

Aha!

Fred Weining's Gen Con handout was a self-printed two-column document that contained perhaps four "mysterious places" that Fred had written for the book, but which were cut for space. It's possible that this material was included in the larger file sent to LG Triad members, but the latter was not laid out with art, so they are different "products".

So far as I know, the only way to get Fred's handout was to be at the LGG seminar at Gen Con in 2000, and it was never distributed electronically.

I'll post the intro from the booklet tomorrow after I dig it up from the shelves.

Thanks for the clarifications!

Ripzerai

Explorer
Oh, and you missed a few Polyhedron articles.

Hawvermale, Lance. "Powers That Be: Cyndor." Polyhedron #140. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2000.

Hawvermale, Lance. "Powers that Be: Xan Yae." Polyhedron #139. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 1999.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
The Shattered Circle. A more or less generic 2nd edition adventure, it mentioned the Suloise in the module background.
I was going to call that one out. The mention of the Suloise origin of the name of the ruin seemed to barely passing as to be optimistically marginal name dropping.

But there is a chain to be made from one of the minor artifacts. The Shattered Circle places the minor artifact "Icerazor". Icerazor is described as being a shard from "the archetypal ice blade" named Frostrazor. Nothing else of Frostrazor is mentioned . . . until . . . 1999.

Frostrazor finds a placement Return to White Plume Mountain, an explicitly Greyhawk adventure, as one of the four implements of power of Keraptis.

So Bruce Cordell stitches a chain, from Icerazor in The Shattered Circle, to Frostrazor in RtWPM, to Blackrazor in WPM. In my mind, making The Shattered Circle firmly count as Greyhawk.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I'm surprised the compiler missed all the Living Greyhawk web-articles published on the Wizards of the Coast website, many of which had high-quality original content not found anywhere else.

I didn't miss them...

I decided (after worrying about it for a couple of days :blush:) not to list each of the individual articles that were part of the Living Greyhawk section of the WotC web site, mostly because the site is still live. Instead I included "Living Greyhawk web site" under the "Miscellaneous" heading in the Living Greyhawk Core scenarios section.

;)

Thanael

Explorer
Still missing:

Polyhedron #139, p.20
"Powers that Be: Xan Yae" (Lance Hawvermale)

Polyhedron #140, p.28
"Powers that Be: Cyndor" (Lance Hawvermale)

Remove ads