Greyhawk Collector's Guide

grodog

Hero
Fred Weining's Gen Con handout was a self-printed two-column document that contained perhaps four "mysterious places" that Fred had written for the book, but which were cut for space. It's possible that this material was included in the larger file sent to LG Triad members, but the latter was not laid out with art, so they are different "products".

I'll post the intro from the booklet tomorrow after I dig it up from the shelves.

Yep, that's right Erik: Fred's article is a completely different document. I pulled it out this weekend before boxing up the books (we're shifting bookshelves...).

IIRC, there used to be an electronic version of Fred's GenCon handout on Canonfire!, but it's no there atm.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I've finally updated this guide to take into account the last page or so of suggestions, adding the 3.0 Adventure Path, Bastion of Faith, Guide to Hell, Expedition to the Demonweb Pits, The Shattered Circle and the two missing Polyhedron articles. (I also removed sneaky Hornung while I was busy!)

aeakett

First Post
This is a great resource for collectors. Below is a bunch of stuff that's on my radar as being Greyhawk:

D&D Miniatures:
Warpriest of Hextor
Aspect of Vecna
Aspect of Demogorgon
Aspect of Lolth
Cleric of Kord
Bugbear Champion of Erythnul
Cleric of St. Cuthbert
Aspect of Hextor
Blood Golem of Hextor
Thrall of Blackrazor
Aspect of Kord
Graz'zt
Jozan, Cleric of Pelor
Sword of Heironeous
Lareth the Beautiful
Scarlet Brotherhood Monk
Cleric of Pelor
Cleric of Nerull
Druid of Obad-Hai
Aspect of Nerull
Doresain, the Ghoul King
Warduke

For your Dungeon magazine list:
Dungeon #105, p70, Critical Threats - Warduke (December 2003)
which incorporates Warduke into Greyhawk canon.

That leads me to these two little bits of Warduke emblazoned promotional material from Paizo:
Dungeon Warduke T-Shirt
Dragon/Dungeon Warduke Static Window Cling
There are other bits of Warduke realted material (the toy itself, and at least one basic D&D module, a cameo in the 80s D&D cartoon, etc.), but that may be getting a little off track.

Paizo issued a print of the art from the cover of Dungeon 124, which launched the Age of Worms adventure path: Age of Worms Art Print

A limited run of 300 signed and numbered copies of the Shackled City Adventure Path hardcover were available to folks who pre-ordered: The Shackled City Adventure Path—LIMITED EDITION

The four-part poster map originally appearing in Dungeon issues 118–121 are available seperatly as a group, or each piece individually.

aurdraco

Explorer
LG BK mods

Wow, great job, Echohawk!

During the 8 years of LG, in addition to the vast number of regular regional mods, we had over 50 unique one-shot adventures that were playable only during conventions (interactives), over a dozen "intro" mods (playable only by 1st level LG PCs) and several important special missions. You'll find them listed in the linked index of LG BK mods that I have compiled for my LG BK summary project (scheduled to be published in Oerth Journal along with the rest of my LG BK summary and gazetteer project). Please feel free to add them to your incredible index.

http://tinyurl.com/LGBKSummaryToC

You'll note that Britt Frey, former LG Circle member, and I decided to change the LG naming convention just a touch. This made things easier to sort in a database.

/shameless_plug ON
For those curious about part 2 of my BK project (the gazetteer based on results from Living Greyhawk events), the second ToC can be found here:

http://tinyurl.com/BKgazetteerToC

I've got a long ways to go on this portion of the project, but I have the lands detailed up to Redhand already.

Oh yeah, these two projects also feature maps made by Eric Anondson and modified by me during the Living Greyhawk campaign (used with his permission). Eric, thanks again!
/shameless_plug Off

Special thanks to grodog for pointing out this thread on Canonfire!

Casey
Living Greyhawk Bandit Kingdoms Triad 2005-2008
Living Greyhawk Bandit Kingdoms Triad Assistant 2003-2005

(and this one is just in case Mr. Mona is still reading the thread)
M.A. Publishing and Writing, Emerson College (currently enrolled, Graduate Dean's Fellow)

Last edited:

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Woah, nice. Congrats on the dean fellowship!

Cool to think that a current Emersonian knows who I am! :)

Go Lions!*

--Erik

* This is a joke. The Lions are terrible. At everything.

the-golem

Explorer
DA1: Adventures in Blackmoor (September 1986)
DA2: Temple of the Frog (December 1986)
DA3: City of the Gods (March 1987)
DA4: The Duchy of Ten (June 1987)

The miscellaneous modules marked DA are not Greyhawk, but in fact developed for Dave Arneson's Blackmoor. They categorized as such here: DA - Dave Arneson's Blackmoor | Series | RPGGeek. It is important to remember that the Blackmoor (and the Duchy of Tenh) within the WoG aren't the same as Dave's version(s).

Remarkable job though. I've been wanting something like this for a while. :)

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
It is important to remember that the Blackmoor (and the Duchy of Tenh) within the WoG aren't the same as Dave's version(s).
Tenuous nitpicking.

Gary's Greyhawk PCs adventured in Dave's Blackmoor. The relationship is distant, true. But it is there. Besides, in the Living Greyhawk era a few more connections to Greyhawk's Blackmoor and Dave's Blackmoor had been laid out.

the-golem

Explorer
Sorry, are you saying I'm nitpicking, or that you are?

Either way, you're points might be perfectly valid; I don't have the means to refute or confirm them. However, I honestly cannot see what impact the actions of Gary's PCs have on my statement. I seem to recall one of Gary's players had his PC transported to the American Old/Wild West. That doesn't automatically make the Old West part of Greyhawk, simply because someone from Greyhawk happened to visit. That said, I never exactly said there was no connection; It would be ludicrous to claim so, considering that there is similarity by name, and at a bare minimum, is connection in and of itself.

The DA series was written to tie Blackmoor in to the Mystara setting/lore as Dave's Blackmoor Setting was ret-conned to be an advanced civilization from The Known World's ancient past.

It also might be worth noting that these adventures were written for D&D (BECMI), which should be differentiated from AD&D as both rulesets were published concurrently. As I understand it, Mystara was the default for D&D, whereas Greyhawk was the default for AD&D.

In other words: The DA modules are specifically Dave Areneson's Blackmoor (Pre-Mystara), and (in my opinion) shouldn't be considered part of Greyhawk because of some threadbare connection.

aurdraco

Explorer
Thanks! Gary Holian told me that you were an Emerson alumnus during a Thursday night #greytalk when he found out that I had been accepted to Emerson last summer. In my book, you're right up there with Denis Leary and Jay Leno! (ok, so maybe not quite that high, hehe)

It's an interesting school and quite a bit different culturally from my previous two college experiences (Texas A&M and Univ. of Houston). Whereas TAMU has ranked teams in football, baseball, and men's and women's basketball, Emerson's best sport is quidditch. They beat the Aggies TWICE at this year's World Cup! *face palm* They also take their Lady Gaga music and Glee episodes VERY seriously.

Will Paizo be at the BookExpo America this year in May?

Casey

P.S. I've fixed the links in my original post. Tiny url fail on my part, d'oh!

Woah, nice. Congrats on the dean fellowship!

Cool to think that a current Emersonian knows who I am! :)

Go Lions!*

--Erik

* This is a joke. The Lions are terrible. At everything.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases