Seeking ideas for Slurs in game world

Khaalis

Adventurer
I am developing a somewhat unique home brew world that sets a lot of the conflict of the world based on racial tensions. It is based on the idea that extremely powerful species like dragons, true giants and powerful true fey are not simply fodder for adventurers to kill. Instead these 3 racial groups have instead dominated the world. At the current phase in the world history, they have ceased their outright wars on one another and have settled into a loose cold war between the 3 racial groups, with each controlling a continent of the world.

The 3 main racial groups are:
1) Draconian species: Dragon, Drake, Dragonborn & Kobold
2) Jotunbrood species: Jotun, Giant, Ogre, Dwarf
3) Fey species: Sidhe, Siabhra, Changeling, Elf, Gnome, Goblin, Pwca, Sprite

These 3 races each lord over the "lesser" racial stocks:
1) Hominid species: Human, Lycan, Orc, Pech
2) Others: The rare Unborn as well as all of the 'mixed breeds'.

Another interesting thing to note is that there is no true "Creationism" belief in the world. The world exists of the Mortal World, the Otherworld and the Beyond. Most races believe the following:

Dragons and Jotunar were originally from a section of the Otherworld known as the Aether, a form of elemental chaos per say, that found their way through the veil to the mortal world. They lost much of their Otherworldly powers when they became mortal, but chose to remain as and are still some of the grandest creatures in the world. All Draconian and Jotunbrood species have in some form or another a link to the elements, with Dragons and Jotun having created all of the subspecies in some manner or another.

Fey are from a section of the Otherworld referred to as Faerie, which is the closest to the mortal world and fey have been crossing back and forth for untold millennia.

Hominids however, are broken down as evolutionary races of the mortal world. most scholars of all races believe that hominids are descended of the Great Apes.
* Human (Homosapien); descended of Orangutans
* Pech (Homohabilis); descended of Chimpanzees
* Orc (Homoneandertal); descended of Gorillas

To make this world feel more real, I want to add some derogatory epithets to the lexicon that each would use for the other, just as many authors do for their worlds like the name Trogs in Shadowrun, etc. Or as much as we dislike to say them those from the real world like gaijin, gubba, gweilo, chi-chi, etc.

Some ideas I have so far:

Draconian Use:
Ape; Hairy Ape; Hairy Pets - derogatory epithet directed to a Draconian's hominid servants
Ex: "Apes aren't welcome here." or "Leave your hairy pets outisde."

Monkey-boy - a directed epithet used to denote one's hominid species
Ex: "Got out of my way monkey-boy."

Blood-Traitor - a Draconian that sides with hominids over draconians

Borays - derogatory epithet for hominid slaves and bottom feeders

Backbirth - derogatory epithet directed at Jotunbrood (implies primitive, naive, stupid)

Biff - derogatory epithet directed at Fey (implies weak of build, unfocused, useless)

Ghuyicha - Draconian derogatory epithet directed at Fey (implies meddlers, calculators, cons)

Golem - derogatory epithet directed at Unborn

Hominid Use:
Lizzy-sapien - derogatory epithet directed at Dragonborn and Kobolds

Scalies - derogatory epithet directed at all draconians

Green-blooded - derogatory epithet directed at Fey

Fey use:
d'Hiny - Sidhe derogatory epithet directed at all species that have sex with other species (i.e. elf and human, dwarf and human, etc.)

Ha'DibaH - sidhe derogatory epithet directed at hominids (implies animal or mammal, breeders)

Jotunbrood use:
Hashtaka - derogatory epithet directed at any non-brood race (implies small, week)

Leaf-licker - derogatory epithet directed at fey

Stravag - derogatory epithet directed at Unborn

Affer - derogatory epithet directed at hominids

Last edited:

Troll Slayer

First Post
My favorite one in any game was "Stunty" from WFRP which the Greenskins (goblins, orcs, etc) use to describe Dwarfs. Plus here, since dwarfs are classified in with much bigger races, they can take extra special insult. I'd just have hominid's use it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases