Pathfinder 1E Have some Pathfinder condition markers!

blakbuzzrd

First Post
After casting around in search of the right solution for battlemat condition markers, I gave up on finding anything out there that was both immediately legible and completely unobtrusive. I like the Litko markers, but I don't like that the text of them is hidden by the mini. I like the Dark Platypus magnetic flags, but it seems like a lot of rigmarole, and it puts more clutter on the map. I have no desire to use those stacking magnet rings I've seen used elsewhere, and the pipe cleaner/rubberband options just looked bad IMO.

So I fired up Photoshop and made my own, for printing on cardstock. I wanted something that could be used either as a flat cardstock tag to slide under a mini, or -- in the case of close melee -- in such a way as to show the condition without it being hidden under the bases of surrounding minis.

I made a page of counters to include all possible states (many of them only rarely needed, but hey, it's paper, and I had room). In fact, the only condition left off was "broken," because I couldn't foresee ever needing that on a map.

Here are a few pics of what I came up with: pics of Pathfinder Counters

Here's how they work:

1. Print the .pdf page on 80 lb cardstock or similar. Regular paper works fine, too, but if you want them to last longer than a session, cardstock is a nice choice. NOTE: make sure your print page is set to print at 100% size (no scaling).

2. Grab some scissors (or if you are a papercraft adept, reach for your cutting mat, steel ruler and snap-off blade).

3. Decide whether you want the counters to lie flat on the map, or for the colored tabs to stand up vertically.

3a. If you choose the former, cut just below the colored tabs.

3b. If you choose the latter, cut just above the colored tabs.

EDIT: I've added a link to the .psd template I use. If you play in another system or just want to customize, have it it. Both the .pdf and .psd files below (cheap as free!):

Pathfinder Condition Markers (.pdf)
Condition Marker Template (.psd)

UPDATE 3/18/11: NEW AND IMPROVED! The files below correspond to the recently released Gamemastery Condition Cards: that is, only the conditions represented on those cards appear, and the font and colors used match as closely as possible to the cards.

Pathfinder Condition Markers, Mark II (.pdf)
Condition Marker Template, Mark II (.psd)

The font used, as near as I can tell, is "Yikes!," which is freely available at Dafont or similar sites.

Cheers!

Last edited:

BriarMonkey

First Post
Once I actually read the whole of the post (cause I skipped to the PDF first), and looked at the pictures, I thought that it was actually a very clever idea to have the condition standing up from the table (as I too pondered the usefulness of having the condition hidden by the mini sitting atop).

Nicely thought out!

blakbuzzrd

First Post
FYI - I just added the .psd template I used to create these. If you play in another system or want to customize them, feel free.

Remove ads